Prix de Diane 2007 & FSH Summer Windows

Thank you for sharing, Gina :flowers: That was such an interesting read. You know...in Asia, there is also this perception that ladies who wear birkins are "show-off". I've met some very judgemental people who told me straight in my face that "ladies who buy birkins are just a bunch of status-conscious women buying a status symbol."

That said, I agree that the Kelly is the most beautiful & elegant purse (& a little less "show-off" than the birkin). I guess that's why I feel at ease & very comfortable whenever I wear a Kelly:tender:

just a side note..I was at the On Pedder store in SG recently & was pleasantly surprised to see two vintage Kellys displayed on top of some vintage LV trunks, and a little display tag that says "Didier Ludot".

You're welcome, shoes. Yes, in ostrich that color is just sublime! Though when I saw it IRL I did wonder about how I'd manage to keep it clean. Knowing me, it wouldn't be pristine for long!

I think that woman's kelly, though, is not actually parchment but another color in a very similar shade offered previously. Her kelly didn't look that new.
Gina, I was just thinking the same thing. I once met someone with an older Kelly in that color, and she told me she wished she could get another one in the same color but it wasn't made any more. I suggested parchment. Hers was in fairly good condition, but I could tell the light color had taken a beating.
That said, I still love parchment as a possibility.

just a side note..I was at the On Pedder store in SG recently & was pleasantly surprised to see two vintage Kellys displayed on top of some vintage LV trunks, and a little display tag that says "Didier Ludot".

ohhhh, when I visited Didier Ludot in Paris, I've never been so awestruck! BEST place for a vintage Kelly, besides L-Z.

"The kelly is more elegant! But the birkin, ech!" This very well-appointed woman in her Chanel suit looked as if she wished she could spit. "It is too show-off. He does not like this, and so will never sell this bag here."

"Too 'show-off'?"
I like the kelly as she has a quiet elegance, not many people will take a second look at her. But she is gaining in popularity lately.

I know scores of women who buy birkins as practical bags. That isn't to say that they don't quietly appreciate the glamour it may afford, but I can't imagine that this quiet appreciation alone would give rise to such strong disapprobation from one of Paris's most well-respected collectors of vintage haute couture. I think it must be the in-your-face attitude of some birkin buyers that give the rest of us birkin carriers a bad name.

I am about to say maybe certain not-so-nice-celebs carry birkins and when they have a bad attitude or image, it kind gave birkin a bad name. yes like what you said in-your-face attitude. Fortuately, those ladies I had met with birkins have the most lovely and most wonderful attitudes. Just as classy as the Kellybags :heart:

Fortuately, those ladies I had met with birkins have the most lovely and most wonderful attitudes. Just as classy as the Kellybags :heart:

This has been my experience, too, PF! Though I have seen prima donnas with their birkins, I'm glad to say I don't have to associate with any of them.

Re: parchmain - it must be a revival of an old color then for this A/W, because I assure you that that kelly was not purchased recently.