Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

I agree, but we know so little about Doria. I don't doubt that she filled MM's head with the notion that she was special and was entitled to only the best. But is known that TM went above and beyond to give MM all the advantages he could and she still cast him aside when he was no longer useful.

Well, we know she left the family and that M didn't see her for a 10 years.

I find that hard to believe, but I suppose nothing she does should surprise us anymore. Not a working royal? No access to royal jewels. As someone said on that tweet, when you leave the company you don't get to keep the company car. :lol:

Several responses to that NY Daily News article allege that Zed supposedly lost jewels loaned to her. One response specifically mentions a bracelet. I've never heard of these tales before.

She doesn't like giving things back, I wouldn't lend her a pen!

But... but she was a global activitist, a famous humanitarian, a leading feminist, a SUPER model! Allegedly....

I was under the impression that she took off with pieces of Di's jewellery which Sparry took from his aunts and gave her. And that there was no demand for the return because it was murky whether or not she had to return the items to their custody. But there were stories later that the aquamarine ring and the earrings were copies and not the originals, so it's confusing. Why would anyone have copies made? Cosplay accessories?

Copies are often made of the these jewels (and have been for centuries).

I was under the impression that she took off with pieces of Di's jewellery which Sparry took from his aunts and gave her. And that there was no demand for the return because it was murky whether or not she had to return the items to their custody. But there were stories later that the aquamarine ring and the earrings were copies and not the originals, so it's confusing. Why would anyone have copies made? Cosplay accessories?

I honestly doubt the sisters are still controlling the jewelry. William and Harry have been adults for quite a bit.

Coronation invite? Don’t the dukes get to wear a coronet? A robe?

View attachment 5660653
Coronation robes … hmmm … have they all turned to dust ??
Saw some documentary about life as a UK Duke, sorry can’t remember name, anyway, Duke trotted out the family robe that has sat in the closet for 70 years, without Angela Kelly to care for it
The robe was falling apart, esp the ermine, it has been 70 years …
Not sure too many peers will make robe repair a priority
And the coronets, I am guessing those are NOT precious metals, so, there was no value in selling for death duties, so, they have been kept ? Just need a polish ???
And didn’t the mean wear knee breeches under the robe? Morning dress will replace that surely
I bet Angela is not working hard on sprucing up a royal robe for H

Coronation robes … hmmm … have they all turned to dust ??
Saw some documentary about life as a UK Duke, sorry can’t remember name, anyway, Duke trotted out the family robe that has sat in the closet for 70 years, without Angela Kelly to care for it
The robe was falling apart, esp the ermine, it has been 70 years …
Not sure too many peers will make robe repair a priority
And the coronets, I am guessing those are NOT precious metals, so, there was no value in selling for death duties, so, they have been kept ? Just need a polish ???
And didn’t the mean wear knee breeches under the robe? Morning dress will replace that surely
I bet Angela is not working hard on sprucing up a royal robe for H

There are places that still make robes: https://www2.edeandravenscroft.com/ceremonial

Same place I hire my robe for ceremonies

A Duke coronet is 'circlet' of leaves, first made of gold, now usually made of gold-plated silver

1 I failed to see H
2. the famous volunteer opportunity that was hard to find, due to large number of her demands ??

Meghan Markle's Thanksgiving preparing meals for homeless women

Irresponsible accusations are often easy to make and difficult to rebut… :annoyed: :sick:

1669649914251.png

A royal commentator has pushed back against the Sussexes' claim that the Royal Family is racist in a brutal rebuttal of Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's allegations. During an interview with US host Oprah Winfrey, the couple accused the royals - without naming any one of them - of raising concerns about their baby's colour before his birth. Michael Cole said the late Queen's Commonwealth legacy are testament of the Royal Family's commitment to fighting racism.

Mr Cole defended the Queen who has fought tooth and nail to preserve the Commonwealth, which she inherited from her father George VI and which aims to establish the member states as "free and equal".
He said: "If anybody did a tremendous work throughout her life to bring together the various races and religions of the Commonwealth, I think nobody did more than the Queen.
"She really believed in the efficacy and value of the Commonwealth, which was set up and was the lasting legacy of her father, King George VI, in 1947.
"She continued that work and she really believed in it.

"For her and the Royal Family, the Commonwealth wasn't juste somewhere warm to go in the winter. It was something she believed in and she wanted Prince Charles to carry on…"

Reacting to the Sussexes' allegations, the royal commentator said the "charge" was "very unfair" and "unspecific". He deplored the fact such allegations of racism are easily made but cannot as easily rebutted, as suspicion lingers.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2022/11...lliam-kate-will-do-during-their-boston-visit/

Here’s (almost) everything Prince William and Kate will do during their Boston visit​

By Emily Sweeney Globe Staff,Updated November 28, 2022, 20 minutes ago
Britain's Kate, Princess of Wales, and Prince William, Prince of Wales, leave the Copper Box Arena in the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park after taking part in an event with Coach Core, in London on Oct. 13, 2022. Prince William and Princess Kate will make their first trip to the United States in eight years this week, hoping to focus attention on his Earthshot Prize for environmental innovators.
Britain's Kate, Princess of Wales, and Prince William, Prince of Wales, leave the Copper Box Arena in the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park after taking part in an event with Coach Core, in London on Oct. 13, 2022. Prince William and Princess Kate will make their first trip to the United States in eight years this week, hoping to focus attention on his Earthshot Prize for environmental innovators.KIN CHEUNG/ASSOCIATED PRESS
The Prince and Princess of Wales are due to arrive in Boston Wednesday, and they’ll be keeping a whirlwind schedule while they’re here.
Prince William and his wife, Catherine, will be in Boston for three days, culminating with their attendance at the Earthshot Prize, a star-studded awards ceremony at the MGM Music Hall at Fenway on Friday.
It will be the couple’s first trip to the United States since 2014, according to a statement by Kensington Palace.
The Boston event will be the second time the Earthshot Prize — an environmental award worth about $1.1 million — will be given to a group of innovators, selected by a panel of experts. In early November, 15 finalists were announced in five categories.
Advertisement

Flourish logoA Flourish data visualization
The itinerary for the royals includes visits to the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum, Greentown Labs in Somerville, the Center on the Developing Child at Harvard University, and Roca, a nonprofit in Chelsea that aims to fight poverty and racism and help high-risk young people.
Get Metro Headlines
The 10 top local news stories from metro Boston and around New England delivered daily.
Enter Email
Mayor Michelle Wu will meet William and Kate for a welcome event at City Hall Plaza at 4:45 p.m. on Wednesday. The event will be open to the public, and will feature speeches by Wu, Prince William, Ambassador Caroline Kennedy, and Mariama White-Hammond, Boston’s chief of environment, energy, and open space.
When they visit Roca in Chelsea on Thursday, William and Kate will meet with leaders of the nonprofit organization to learn about their “intervention model rooted in brain science” and outreach to young people, the statement from Kensington Palace said. They will then spend time with young mothers and young men who have participated in Roca’s programs.
During their stop in Somerville on Thursday, the royal couple will meet with the CEO of Greentown Labs and the president of the Northeast Clean Energy Council “to learn about the history of Greentown Labs and how it is contributing to global efforts to address the climate crisis,” the statement said.
Advertisement

“The Prince and Princess will then spend time meeting with representatives from some of the start-ups within the Greentown Labs community to hear about the latest innovative developments in climate technology,” the statement continued.
On Friday, Kate will be stopping by the Center on the Developing Child at Harvard University, where she will meet with researchers to discuss advances in science that can help children.
The Princess of Wales will be making the visit “as part of her ongoing work to elevate the importance of the early years to lifelong outcomes,” the statement said.
Also on Friday, William is scheduled to meet with Kennedy at the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum in Dorchester and be given a tour of the museum.
“President John F. Kennedy’s Moonshot — which challenged America to put man on the moon — is the key inspiration behind The Earthshot Prize and so His Royal Highness will take the opportunity to hear more about President Kennedy’s inspirational legacy and his connections to Boston,” the statement from Kensington Palace said. “During a tour of the Library and Museum, The Prince will see exhibits from the pivotal years of the Kennedy Administration in the 1960s, ahead of the moon landing in 1969.”
William will then attend a private lunch with representatives from the founding partner organizations of the Earthshot Prize.
Advertisement

Friday’s Earthshot Prize awards ceremony will be a glittering affair featuring performances by Billie Eilish, Annie Lennox, Chloe x Halle, and Ellie Goulding.
Hosts and presenters will include Catherine O’Hara, Clara Amfo, Daniel Dae Kim, Sir David Attenborough, Rami Malek and Shailene Woodley.

1 I failed to see H
2. the famous volunteer opportunity that was hard to find, due to large number of her demands ??

Meghan Markle's Thanksgiving preparing meals for homeless women

:sick: What did she contribute to the meals? A jar of peanut butter?

Coronation invite? Don’t the dukes get to wear a coronet? A robe?

View attachment 5660653
They were disappointed they didn’t get more attention while they were at the jubilee and the funeral. They aren’t looking to attend more significant British events to highlight just how far they have fallen in the eyes of the people. :lol: