Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

Oh, good!!! I now have a major phobia of speaking a non-English language due to that stupid French teacher (he was from Paris, so he would scream at you if you mispronounced a word - yeah, that was a good idea)!!! The only non-English language that I don't have as much of a phobia is .. of course, Italian. When I was working in Paris (AXA), thank god that my French colleagues would just laugh at me if I said something wrong .. but YOU KNOW, that HAVE TO correct you (it's a French thing I guess?!?!)

Please don't let the memory of that bad teacher influence you, though I'm sure it's hard. Some say that if they tried to be French, they'd get an urge to eat snails and lose a war.

AMEN to this! It irks me that folks here tell me that I have an "accent" and that I use "big words"??? Seriously??? .. so did I pay too much attention in my English Grammar classes??? Yes, I admit that I use more European / British English terms because growing in up New England, well .. let's just say that a fair amount of verbiage that we use came from the Brits! Also, as the daughter of an Italian-born mother (and Grandmother), well .. we spoke Italian in the house as well (which helped out tremendously when taking Latin and Spanish, but I got screamed at by my French instructor for rolling "R's" .. sheesh)!!!
One time a co worker accused me of using ten dollar words. I calmly replied I use the same words with everyone in my conversations. I am only a high school graduate but I have always been a heavy reader. If I don't know the defination of a word, I do sonething drastic, I look it up.

One time a co worker accused me of using ten dollar words. I calmly replied I use the same words with everyone in my conversations. I am only a high school graduate but I have always been a heavy reader. If I don't know the defination of a word, I do sonething drastic, I look it up.
Get this .. I had a BOSS (Financial Services) who told me that I needed to write memos and emails at the 8th-grade level!!!! Then the a$$-wipe tries to give me a bad review, that I wasn't following "his rules" (e.g., insubordinate you jerk)!!! When that happened, I went to the big-Boss and told him what was going on, and he went nuclear .. that this guy was more concerned about the fact that I was making him look stupid .. he was doing all to himself! Thank god that the big-boss had me report directly into him, and the next year (Jan-15) .. the a$$hole Boss got the boot (FIRED not laid-off)!!! I did a happy dance that day!

Please don't let the memory of that bad teacher influence you, though I'm sure it's hard. Some say that if they tried to be French, they'd get an urge to eat snails and lose a war.
HA!!! .. to be honest, I like Escargot .. but to me, France is the CAPITAL of breads, butter and cheese .. and I LOVE those 3 items dearly!!! I've never had a bad meal in France, nor in Italy .. but I admit, I am picky and I do my research on various places!

Get this .. I had a BOSS (Financial Services) who told me that I needed to write memos and emails at the 8th-grade level!!!! Then the a$$-wipe tries to give me a bad review, that I wasn't following "his rules" (e.g., insubordinate you jerk)!!! When that happened, I went to the big-Boss and told him what was going on, and he went nuclear .. that this guy was more concerned about the fact that I was making him look stupid .. he was doing all to himself! Thank god that the big-boss had me report directly into him, and the next year (Jan-15) .. the a$$hole Boss got the boot (FIRED not laid-off)!!! I did a happy dance that day!
Believe it or not, the best teacher I ever had was the great American writer Jack London. He had a character, Martin Eden.He wanted to improve himself and becone a writer. Martin kept a little noebook and wrote down all the words he did not understand in his reading and then looked them up in the dictionary. His vocabulary greatly improved. I picked up his habit in the 80s and still practice it.

HA!!! .. to be honest, I like Escargot .. but to me, France is the CAPITAL of breads, butter and cheese .. and I LOVE those 3 items dearly!!! I've never had a bad meal in France, nor in Italy .. but I admit, I am picky and I do my research on various places!

Yes, I'll give them that. Kudos to the French for their cuisine, wine, and fashion. They're prominent in aeronautics and pharmaceuticals as well as other industries too. Their exasperation at foreigners' pronunciation of their language probably explains why Meghan has never claimed to speak fluent French. We all know she's an expert in mental health, cooking, fashion, family relationships, mentoring, volunteering, acting, and narrating :biggrin: .

Convenings — yeah, baby! So full of self importance paired with a double dose of holier-than-thou and a huge dash of stupid. This guy looks uglier and uglier by the day.

"The image created is of ‘my wife and I’ taking part in global discussions on a regular basis at the highest level: ‘vaccine experts, heads of industry, community advocates and global leaders’ is his role-call and he is careful to call these ‘convenings’ rather than just chats or conversations."

Ms James delved into an analysis of the word "convene", saying: "The choice of the word ‘convenings’ sounds important.

"The dictionary definition is to ‘come together for an official or public purpose, to assemble formally’ suggesting a rather royal or high-status profile and role for Harry here.

A commenter -

Janetespark
They got confused, hired the wrong guy on a technicality. He's a global PLEADER. Please give us money, lots of money ....

It's such a small amount for them, they probably forgot about it… :hrmm:
1630617136842.png
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex began winding up MWX a year ago, declaring all of its debts would be paid in full within 12 months.

But more than 12 months later and the outstanding amount on the Companies House document remains…

The Sun Online has contacted representatives for the Sussexes to confirm when the overdue sum will be paid, but it is understood the delay could be down to the Charity Commission's now closed investigation.

A probe was launched into the transfer of funds to Travalyst, a private company in which Harry owns 75 per cent of the shares, but the review found it was in line with the governing document and allowed under charity law in May.

The duke and duchess welcomed the outcome, with their spokesperson criticising the "baselessness of the claims".

The latest paperwork also revealed Meghan, 40, and Harry, 36, will spend £36,000 pulling the plug on the short-lived good cause after moving to the US with large fees due to lawyers and accountants

So pathetic these two. It’s like their mission in life is to bash their families. They’re evil and honestly I don’t think they have much to do at home so they go round and round with their whining and they’re spinning around the same bowl of hatred, lack of compassion and utter miserableness. If these two we’re not together they would probably be happy. They feed off the trough of hatred and revenge. So bottom line they ain’t got anything but their traits above.

Oprah Winfrey must decide whether Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will appear at The Emmys – with only three tickets to share between the couple and her production crew.

Emmy bosses contacted the Duke and Duchess of Sussex last month after their bombshell CBS interview with Winfrey was shortlisted for Outstanding Hosted Nonfiction Series or Special.

But organizers for the Hollywood awards event are restricting nominees to just four tickets, leaving Oprah – and many others – facing a hard decision on who to bring.