Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

"Meghan hasn’t had the same opportunity, but her friend and London-based journalist Omid Scobie said ‘her mind is very much on the situation over here’. Speaking to ABC, he said: ‘We know that she’s supporting Harry in this very difficult week for him, but she’ll also be sad because this is also the loss of a family member for her. ‘She grew very close to the Queen and Prince Philip over the recent years. It was probably her strongest relationship within the family and those relations then get smaller this week. It’ll be a sad day for her.’"

The nerve of her to claim she is grieving over the loss of a family member really makes me mad.

I wish I believed in karma. Because she really deserves to be kicked in the *ss.
I'm sure it's hard for Megs to watch a family she just called racists grieve :hrmm: so sad indeed.

Are you for real, Scobie. You are the lying mouthpiece of a lying liar. She was not close to the Queen, who's too busy to form close bonds with #6th's exhausting drama queen of a wife, and Philip saw right through her, advised Harry to not marry her and she hated him for it. Such a disgrace to still insist they were "close" just to stroke her ego and up her nonexistant importance. You know who were close? The Queen, Philip and Kate...another reason she'd probably murder her could she just dispose of the body without being caught.
Add Sophie into that equation too, perfect daughter and granddaughter in laws.

the coffin was lowered into the vault.
Did anyone see this or was the camera panned away.
That would have been interesting.
I see he'll be moved one day from the Royal Vault at St George's Chapel to the final resting place with the Queen and her parents and Margaret.
I think it was shown briefly being lowered twice then focused on other things that were going on, the trumpeters and the piper I think. But, yes, I saw it moving.

I am confused... The flowers AND the letter were from the QEII.
A note by Meghan on the coffin would be inappropriate and an act of lunacy.
The bouquet on the coffin with a letter included was from the Queen.

Separately, and displayed leaning against a low wall by the pews, a row of wreaths from family members.
One of those was the Sussexes' wreath and, according to the information their publicist provided, it included a letter done in calligraphy by Meghan.

Add Sophie into that equation too, perfect daughter and granddaughter in laws.

True, I didn't want to ignore her, I just picked Kate because of Harry's very pregnant wife's wellknown hatred for her. I don't think quiet Sophie who is older, keeps to herself and whose husband is further down the line is as threatening to the egomaniac.

"Meghan hasn’t had the same opportunity, but her friend and London-based journalist Omid Scobie said ‘her mind is very much on the situation over here’. Speaking to ABC, he said: ‘We know that she’s supporting Harry in this very difficult week for him, but she’ll also be sad because this is also the loss of a family member for her. ‘She grew very close to the Queen and Prince Philip over the recent years. It was probably her strongest relationship within the family and those relations then get smaller this week. It’ll be a sad day for her.’"

The nerve of her to claim she is grieving over the loss of a family member really makes me mad.

I wish I believed in karma. Because she really deserves to be kicked in the *ss.

I think there might be a slight bit of truth in describing her relationship with them as the "strongest" . . . since they were probably the only ones with a strong enough stomach to spend more than 15 seconds in her presence. It wouldn't surprise me if the Queen, if not Prince Philip, was the royal family member who spent the most time with her just to try to stifle her "woe is meeeeee, I'm Diana Jr." act--although I'm sure "close" is not how QEII would describe their relationship AT ALL. That said, her "deep mourning" for her "special bond" with PP is absolutely still a steaming crock of horse poop, and Scobie ought to be ashamed of himself for even trying to pretend she's shedding tears over anything but the fact that she was unable to swan around clutching her moon bump for the TV cameras.

Her recent interview would backfired badly as oppose to the way she wanted it to be. She probably miscalculated her moves and did the interview at the perfect wrong time. Hence all these moves she’s making even during PP’s death. Still desperately taking that opportunity to make it to the headlines:rolleyes:

I don’t even think the interview backfired. She got at least three weeks of uninterrupted positive press in the US and she didn’t pay a penny for it. In fact almost anyone who challenges the validity of her claims gets shut down in the media. It’s insane how many cheerleaders she has and for what? She smiles and makes politically correct statements. It shows how low we’ve sunk as a society that that’s all it takes to become a megacelebrity.

My first and only pregnancy was at age 39 (geriatric!) and my doctor and airline (best in the world heh) cleared me to fly 3rd trimester 12 000 km home to deliver. Granted I had no medical issues but still. I have no words and completely no respect for these two. Disregard. Ignore.
I think she was (diplomatically) discouraged by the Palace from attending the funeral. She wouldn't want to miss all the photo-ops.

I think it was shown briefly being lowered twice then focused on other things that were going on, the trumpeters and the piper I think. But, yes, I saw it moving.
Yes, I saw it also, but only by looking at the coffin in relationship to the altar behind it and how much of the altar was showing. It moved v e r y slowly as would be expected.

The last time I was at Windsor Castle, my baby sister had just passed away after a miraculous but hard fought 11 year battle with Stage 4 Cancer. The day my sister passed, her new passport had arrived in the mail. She was supposed to accompany us on our England visit. Upon entering the Chapel, to the left is the burial site of the Queen’s sister, Margaret. I suddenly burst into sobs, went to the front of the Chapel, knelt, sobbed and cried as I spoke to my sister, who had passed only 8 weeks earlier.

Seeing Prince Charles’ knees almost give way behind his father’s coffin made me cry.

I am so so sorry about your Dad. My Dad also passed, a year before my baby sister. I know they say what does not kill you makes you stronger, but somehow, I am so deeply wounded by my loved ones losses. I always will be.

So sorry for you and everyone that this sad occasion is bringing-up so many difficult personal memories. :flowers:

That's the worst bit of any cremation I've attended, seeing them being lowered (at our crematorium) goes through me. I was so relieved when they asked my hubby's family what did they want when we were discussing arrangements after my mum in laws passing and they agreed that everyone walking past the coffin on their way out was better.