Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

Dear all,
Big hugs to all. For all of us, this has been a deeply emotional funeral. For many reasons, these feelings have caught us all off-guard, ‘on the back foot’ [not sure if this a correct usage], thrown us off balance. No one, especially GK, has the ‘right‘ thing to say. I appreciate everyone’s thoughts. We will get through this this. :heart::heart::heart:

Around the 3:21:00 mark, watch toxic Harry look into the vault, then notice the Wessex family give him the eye. No way did they want him waiting for W&K. They were ready.

Yes I agree I am emotional today it reminded me of losing my father and the comment cut me like a knife
The last time I was at Windsor Castle, my baby sister had just passed away after a miraculous but hard fought 11 year battle with Stage 4 Cancer. The day my sister passed, her new passport had arrived in the mail. She was supposed to accompany us on our England visit. Upon entering the Chapel, to the left is the burial site of the Queen’s sister, Margaret. I suddenly burst into sobs, went to the front of the Chapel, knelt, sobbed and cried as I spoke to my sister, who had passed only 8 weeks earlier.

Seeing Prince Charles’ knees almost give way behind his father’s coffin made me cry.

I am so so sorry about your Dad. My Dad also passed, a year before my baby sister. I know they say what does not kill you makes you stronger, but somehow, I am so deeply wounded by my loved ones losses. I always will be.

Last edited:
The last time I was at Windsor Castle, my baby sister had just passed away after a miraculous but hard fought 11 year battle with Stage 4 Cancer. The day my sister passed, her new passport had arrived in the mail. She was supposed to accompany us on our England visit. Upon entering the Chapel, to the left is the burial site of the Queen’s sister, Margaret. I suddenly burst into sobs, went to the front of the Chapel, knelt, sobbed and cried as I spoke to my sister, who had passed only 8 weeks earlier.

Seeing Prince Charles’ knees almost give way behind his father’s coffin made me cry.
I’m sorry, that’s so sad.
Seeing the RAF uniforms at the funeral today put a lump in my throat, because it always reminds me of my father whose career was in the RAF.

haute oriole,
At one point early on in the service a camera shot framed Charles and Camilla. One could see his emotion and in a very very brief instant her body shifted slightly closer to him. Although their hands could not be seen, the slight movement of her arm led me to think she had reached out for his hand, obscured from public notice by the pew. More tears. I know all the history, but I feel glad for him that he is spending his last years with a woman who loves him and from whom he can take comfort. Read recently, that although Phillip had tried to save Charles and Diana's marriage, and expressed he didn't understand how Charles could favor Camilla over her, his feelings for Camilla evolved over the years and she came to be loved and accepted.

I am so so sorry about your Dad. My Dad also passed, a year before my baby sister. I know they say what does not kill you makes you stronger, but somehow, I am and so deeply wounded by my loved ones losses. I always will be.

It’s when it hits you suddenly out of the blue isn’t it - and no matter how much time has gone by it’s as crippling as the day it it happened I’m sending you huge hugs and thank you xx

Funeral, weddings, births always bring up the emotions from previous events. We re-experience the grief and the loss. I am so sorry we’ve had these painful losses. Speaking as an older person, it does not get easier, we simply collect more baggage, then something happens that allows us to release it all. It is ok to cry, or not to. Time will heal these wounds. :heart:

Charles may well have been experiencing some grief from Diana’s funeral, his grandmother’s, etc. Same for QE. Both have experienced numerous losses. We and they will recover.

I think a better PR excuse would have been that MM will not attend in order to allow someone else from the family to attend, as their is only a 30 limit. That would have made them look slightly better.

I think it was weird that Beatrice and Eugiene's other halves came, they didn't know PP that well, in that they are very new members of the family, and it would have been better if some of PP's family could have come otherwise. Beatrice and Eugiene had the rest of the family for support, didn't really think the hubby's were essential for support. Beatrice's husband looked like he was enjoying himself when pictured in the car on the way to the funeral.
A caption under the photo on a website (DM maybe?) said it was taken en route to the funeral and he and Beatrice were so pleased to see people along the route.

"The" wreath: Meghan and Harry have singlehandedly refuted an old cliche that "actions speak louder than words." Their action in placing a wreath honoring Prince Phillip is too-little-too-late, too disingenuous, too hypocritical. Their words, which came across like a shout, in the Interview will live in infamy, can't be erased, can't be overcome. Yes, they claimed the Queen and Phillip were not suspects in any racial comments etc, but in vilifying the Royal Family as they did, they besmirched all the values the Queen and Prince Phillip stand/stood for.

Of course Catherine and William interacted with Harry, no matter their own personal feelings, it was a time and place that required the kind of behavior expected of a future King and Queen. They reacted in a way for the greater good and in respect for the Queen and Prince Phillip. Kate was impressive, I think she is going to a regal Queen who will rule beside William with a genuine love for her subjects and a sense of duty that will endear her to them.

I wonder if while participating in the service Harry felt any shame or regret for his selfish and hurtful actions and words since marrying M. If so, it will be short lived once he's back in her clutches.

I hope she's had a miserable day to reflect on all she has damaged and how different it could have been. Watching the group assembled for the funeral, I thought M could never do more than a half baked performance feigning grief in a situation like this as she lacks the heart and soul to understand and be able to experience the depth and breadth of love, of service, of selfless character represented there.

Edited to remove statement Harry had not nodded to the altar upon leaving the service, he did in fact do so.
Perfectly stated!

Reactions: lulu212121
Of course the Sussexes were the only ones who felt compelled to expound on the merits of their wreath. As this line up shows, other family members did not.

"A wreath from the couple was earlier left in St George's Chapel, Windsor, to mark their respects, sources told PA news agency.

Meghan and Harry personally chose the locally-sourced flowers for their tribute - including Acanthus mollis (Bear's breeches), the national flower of Greece, to represent Philip's heritage, and Eryngium (sea holly), to represent the Royal Marines.

The wreath also features campanula for gratitude and everlasting love, rosemary to signify remembrance, lavender for devotion, and roses in honour of June being Philip's birth month.

Meghan and Harry personally chose the locally-sourced flowers for their wreath (second from right) - including Acanthus mollis and Eryngium. Pictured: Wreaths from members of the royal family lie against the pews during the funeral

Meghan and Harry personally chose the locally-sourced flowers for their wreath (second from right) - including Acanthus mollis and Eryngium. Pictured: Wreaths from members of the royal family lie against the pews during the funeral
He gave a deep head bow to QE. He seems to have good manners.
View attachment 5058420

Has toxic H left the country?
Look for a vapor trail in the sky.

Ooooh, so garishly vivid, it sticks out, seems disrespectful.

A handwritten note?? Guessing she used calligraphy and expressed mailed it to Hazzie?

Of course the Sussexes were the only ones who felt compelled to expound on the merits of their wreath. As this line up shows, other family members did not.

"A wreath from the couple was earlier left in St George's Chapel, Windsor, to mark their respects, sources told PA news agency.

Meghan and Harry personally chose the locally-sourced flowers for their tribute - including Acanthus mollis (Bear's breeches), the national flower of Greece, to represent Philip's heritage, and Eryngium (sea holly), to represent the Royal Marines.

The wreath also features campanula for gratitude and everlasting love, rosemary to signify remembrance, lavender for devotion, and roses in honour of June being Philip's birth month.

Look for a vapor trail in the sky.

Someone asked earlier why the husbands of Eugenie and Beatrice were present. Maybe this was Phillip's last wish, that he had decided who he wanted there?

Or...

Am I the only one thinking that this was actually the BRF putting Harry and the heavily pregnant one in their place? Everyone except Andrew (divorced) and Ann's son (who I think is also divorced?) had their significant other with them. Significant others that have never brought shame on the BRF. I think this dig was- and was meant to be- felt all the way to Montecito :amuse:

Someone asked earlier why the husbands of Eugenie and Beatrice were present. Maybe this was Phillip's last wish, that he had decided who he wanted there?

Or...

Am I the only one thinking that this was actually the BRF putting Harry and the heavily pregnant one in their place? Everyone except Andrew (divorced) and Ann's son (who I think is also divorced?) had their significant other with them. Significant others that have never brought shame on the BRF. I think this dig was- and was meant to be- felt all the way to Montecito :amuse:
I think he did decide who he wanted there.

I think it proper to have spouses, regardless of how long they have been with the family.

I imagine Sarah was also expressly not permitted to attend. It will be interesting to see if she and Andrew remarry now.
Agree with the first part but I don't think Sarah's name would've come up as being on a list at all even if, say 60 people were allowed to attend.