Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

Think she will do it?
This is a threat.

I guess she has nothing to lose, and nothing else to do either.

I’m thinking this rumor was fabricated. The article is from back in July and we haven’t heard anymore about a book from Jessica.

Isn’t she one of the “five young mothers” who will need to testify in Meghan’s case in a few months?

True! She is a very busy woman! She does so much that you never hear about.

Are you telling me you can do things and not announce them?

A comment somewhere that M realised that her role was to be a "civil servant in a tiara", and once she realised, she was out.
I think it extremely unlikely that all of this was not explained to her in painstaking detail before the engagement was even signed off by the Palace. They have staff specifically to guide/teach her about this stuff. But she thought she could change it all once married just by dint of her sheer enthusiasm or something. Wrong.

For someone that claims to not want to wear a tiara, she sure caused a fuss about the one for her wedding day.

After all this time, I thought that Camilla had earned her place in the BRF and that Charles W & H had gotten to a truce over D
Golly this new book, just rakes it all up again ...
One has to get on with life and figure out how to cope 20 years after the fact, anger is no longer productive after 20 years , you need to get to acceptance

5 phases of grief - denial, anger, bargaining, depression and finally acceptance
See Eliz Kubler Ross

A comment somewhere that M realised that her role was to be a "civil servant in a tiara", and once she realised, she was out.

For someone that claims to not want to wear a tiara, she sure caused a fuss about the one for her wedding day.

She didn't want to be a "civil servant", she was (is) perfectly OK with wearing tiaras.

After all this time, I thought that Camilla had earned her place in the BRF and that Charles W & H had gotten to a truce over D
One has to get on with life and figure out how to cope 20 years after the fact, anger is no longer productive after 20 years , you need to get to acceptance

5 phases of grief - denial, anger, bargaining, depression and finally acceptance
See Eliz Kubler Ross
There will always be someone with an agenda, who wants Charles bypassed in the line of succession... all the ones who want him to still suffer for Diana's untimely death. It's surprising that they don't support H&MM more because that is also their goal to eliminate everyone before them so they can become king & queen.

Just catching up in this thread so this is a bit late, but black dolls have been around for longer than the 1960’s. There are black dolls made of composition and bisque (1930’s or even earlier) as well as rubber Dolls from the 1950’s. These wouldn’t be in a regular store today but available on the secondary market, antique stores, or thru collectors.

She’s only been on my radar since the engagement interview. But I found her performance inauthentic at that time and inauthentic ever since then. She’s always acting, and she’s not a good actress.
I agree. You nailed it. I'd never heard of her before Harry. Her interviews seemed completely rehearsed and disingenuous. And now we know that they were lying about their engagement!

William and Harry aren't the first children to strongly dislike their stepmother and they certainly had better reasons for it than most. I think they grew to accept her for the most part or at least that is how the family chose to portray it. However, you reap what you sow. Some things are too difficult to forgive and forget. Camilla's participation in the ugly story of their parents' marriage still happened, in spite of her earning her place since then.

I am a bit surprised Camilla apparently blabbed to friends/family about William's temper and how he yells at Charles. But maybe I shouldn't be because she has always been all for Charles. She has her own children so she's never viewed Harry and William as being hers.

William and Harry aren't the first children to strongly dislike their stepmother and they certainly had better reasons for it than most. I think they grew to accept her for the most part or at least that is how the family chose to portray it. However, you reap what you sow. Some things are too difficult to forgive and forget. Camilla's participation in the ugly story of their parents' marriage still happened, in spite of her earning her place since then.

I am a bit surprised Camilla apparently blabbed to friends/family about William's temper and how he yells at Charles. But maybe I shouldn't be because she has always been all for Charles. She has her own children so she's never viewed Harry and William as being hers.
Two things
I dont know when C blabbed about W - could have been 30 years ago, when she was just a mistress, does not excuse it but I do think she has learned to be tight lipped over the decades

In general, all these memoir books have an issue that drives me bonkers - anecdotes are never accurately dated, and to me, it is important whether the blabbing was recent or decades ago ..

Yes, C & C & D - a nasty mess, I can see that the boys might have taken their mother's side at the time - 20 - 30 years ago AND WITH CAUSE

But, D has been gone for 23 years, and C is there, the boys need to have some sort of truce with their father , their mother is not coming and Camilla is not leaving

She also asked for one for her first trip with Harry. Charles had to tell her it was inappropriate. So for someone who doesn't care she sure cares a lot. Also for someone who doesn't believe in ranks she sure tyrannized her staff.