Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

Ahhh, here we go. William’s fault that H had/has a drug/drinking problem.

The author of this new book doesn’t seem to have a positive opinion of any of the royals. It makes me wonder if he was an only child if he believes that an older sibling should bear responsibility for the problems and mistakes of a younger sibling. He has an unrealistic vision of family dynamics.

I think Cabbage Patch dolls were one of the more inclusive of that generation
image.JPG
Oh man, I loooved Cabbage Patch dolls as a kid but never got one :sad:. My parents said it was too expensive!

I didn't know that. From the few stories I've read about Jamie Foxx, he comes across as a really nice, decent human being, whether it's helping Ed Sheran before anyone had ever heard of him, or helping accident victims. Another lesson these idiots could take away.

All that and you still don't see Jamie going around preaching about how to be a better human... :graucho: Too busy, you know, actually working and doing good deeds instead of talking about it.

The author of this new book doesn’t seem to have a positive opinion of any of the royals. It makes me wonder if he was an only child if he believes that an older sibling should bear responsibility for the problems and mistakes of a younger sibling. He has an unrealistic vision of family dynamics.

I agree. In the Prince William thread, @Mendocino posted a YouTube video from 2006. It shows Ant and Dec interviewing H, Charles and William. Very enlightening to watch the body language and dynamics that were happening back then. Although only a 2 years age difference between H & W, William sounds and acts so much more mature and situationally aware than H, or even Charles.

William dominates in confidence as well as taking up 2/3 of the sofa. King William has plans! :king:

Reactions: Starflower2305
must have been a high point in her career pre-harry :smile:

sdkittty, the movie, Dater’s Handbook, is circa 2016.

It’s a cute Rom-Com, and giving MM credit where credit is due. She does a credible job acting in it - and we know now where she may have honed her dating skills.

The movie’s premise is about a woman who changes her personality in order to snag a man.
Disclaimer:
Unlike Scoubie-Doubie, am not H&M's friend and have no idea if Meghan Markle channeled her character in the movie while dating HRH Unloyal Royal.

Last edited:
In my view the world of European royalty has very little to do with the world and network of celebs and fame. Especially that of LA.
But I agree she probably though she knew. And likely vastly overestimated the network, celebrity and fame side of it.
She didn’t realize networking meant dining with the snob German aunt who wears Blackmoor broches and a bunch of other old aristo chums dressed in rags and smelling of horses, and that celebrity meant accompanying the Queen to inaugurate some random bridge in a mining Northern town she’d never heard of on a bleak rainy day. Again, Harry’s fault more than anything.
A comment somewhere that M realised that her role was to be a "civil servant in a tiara", and once she realised, she was out.
I think it extremely unlikely that all of this was not explained to her in painstaking detail before the engagement was even signed off by the Palace. They have staff specifically to guide/teach her about this stuff. But she thought she could change it all once married just by dint of her sheer enthusiasm or something. Wrong.