Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

One thing is for sure, such a delay is quite telling that things are not good at Archewell..

Yes, exactly.

Archewell should have at least one competent administrative employee to work with their CPA to make sure the annual report was completed, the filing deadline met, and the fees were paid. It's just not that hard.

So, letting all this lapse is an indication that it's not a priority for them or their staff (or they and their staff are careless and incompetent).

It's terrible PR for a young organization. Who in their right mind would donate any money to a foundation that can't do the bare minimum required by law? Keep accurate records, complete an annual report, file it with the State, and pay the fairly minimal fees. It's not rocket science.

Yes, exactly.

Archewell should have at least one competent administrative employee to work with their CPA to make sure the annual report was completed, the filing deadline met, and the fees were paid. It's just not that hard.

So, letting all this lapse is an indication that it's not a priority for them or their staff (or they and their staff are careless and incompetent).

It's terrible PR for a young organization. Who in their right mind would donate any money to a foundation that can't do the bare minimum required by law? Keep accurate records, complete an annual report, file it with the State, and pay the fairly minimal fees. It's not rocket science.
why should anyone donate to their foundation anyway? don't wealthy people with foundations usually self-fund?

Yes, exactly.

Allegedly the cheque got lost in the post 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 my sister has been bomabrding me with news, I’ve never seen her so excited.

Attachments

• IMG_0973.png
    IMG_0973.png
    263.7 KB · Views: 93
why should anyone donate to their foundation anyway? don't wealthy people with foundations usually self-fund?
I thought they did both, self funded plus accepted donations and grants.

I recall reading that Warren Buffet donated a big chunk of his fortune to the Gates Foundation. He said something like it was more efficient to give it to the Gates Foundation since it was up and running.

They've made it their piggy bank but let's hope regulators are finally catching up with them.

the cheque got lost in the post
Ufc 205 Seriously GIF by UFC

I thought they did both, self funded plus accepted donations and grants.

I recall reading that Warren Buffet donated a big chunk of his fortune to the Gates Foundation. He said something like it was more efficient to give it to the Gates Foundation since it was up and running.
well, that's different...the Gates foundation actually does good

I came across this video of a lady who, from what I understand, is related to a Nigerian king. If she's not a TPF member, she should be. Wow!

"As Prince Harry of the United Kingdom arrives in Nigeria with his half-black American wife who claims to have Nigerian blood, I tell the world why I don't like the pair of them. I accuse Meghan of exaggerating racism claims and criticize the way she and her husband have treated their families. I question their decision to step down from royal duties, as I discuss the tragic rift between Harry and his brother William I express the view that is she kind of in-law no self-respecting Nigerian family will tolerate."

:ghi5:

Reactions: Chanbal
Allegedly the cheque got lost in the post 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

LOL ... So it all got lost in the mail?

For one thing, they should be filing and paying electronically so that nothing gets lost. In my state, you can do almost everything online related to filing reports and paying fees and taxes. I can't imagine Cali is different.

However, if they had to pay via old fashioned check for some reason, some Archewell person should have noticed that the check hadn't been cashed when they reconciled the checking account balance to the bank statement. That person should have investigated further, found out that the state hadn't received it, and saved them the embarrassment. But, you'd need competent administration for that.

LOL ... So it all got lost in the mail?

For one thing, they should be filing and paying electronically so that nothing gets lost. In my state, you can do almost everything online related to filing reports and paying fees and taxes. I can't imagine Cali is different.

However, if they had to pay via old fashioned check for some reason, some Archewell person should have noticed that the check hadn't been cashed when they reconciled the checking account balance to the bank statement. That person should have investigated further, found out that the state hadn't received it, and saved them the embarrassment. But, you'd need competent administration for that.

Could be a case of you get what you pay for.

Reactions: eon and youngster