Prince Andrew

Wow I loved Nadia Bjorlin when she was on Days of our Lives (a million years ago LOL)and she’s a talented singer. She is lucky here mom protected her from him and followed her gut instinct.

Reactions: baghagg
Since the French movie "Cuties" was discussed (and defended) on this thread earlier. But all is fair in fighting the patriarchy and "angering scandalmongers on the right", right?

Know that IMDb changed their Parents Guide because the first one sounded so bad...

OMFG. There is zero children nudity.
I saw the movie as opposed to all the people talking about it.
I liked it and the young actresses are phenomenal.
Time to move on and update my ignore list.

I read the critiques in numerous sources of those who liked/disliked Cuties. Nothing like speaking out against the patriarchy by portraying 11 year olds to dance suggestive routines that include simulated sex. The film is actually said to be a social commentary against the sexualization of young children. Uh huh. By hiring young girls to get the point across. Because I guess there can't possibly be any other way. "Amy", the protagonist, and others show us the pressure young girls face on social media and from society in general. As backlash, they engage in twerk dance to really shock the audience.
I looked up the actual ages of the child actors. According to one site, they were 12 to 14. Portraying 11 year olds.
Of course "Cuties" detractors are lumped in with QAnon conspiracy theorist whackadoodles because if you don't like it you can only be a whack job.
One wonders if there's a sequel--with four and five year olds dancing to W.A.P. and other classics in scanty clothes. Shock is the name of the game. Because society must be taught a lesson. That social media can be damaging. Like, who knew?!

Reactions: lanasyogamama
I watched the dancing clip which was shared on Twitter and I thought it was odd that there were many zoomed-in shots of the crotches and bottoms of those girls. I tried to keep an open mind about it so I showed it to my SO. He cringed and couldn't finish the whole thing and said "The pedos are gonna love this!" Ouch!

I read about the story it was supposed to tell and have no issue with it but the execution was questionable to say the least.

If anyone bothered actually watching the entire film, they would realize that AT THE END, the character comes to the realization this is not for her. But that would involve thinking for themselves.
Also, if anyone has children that age involved in competitive dancing and cheerleading, they will see that the show reflects the real world and it is not a fantasy out of the writers mind.
Anyways, Is the tread about Epstein or the Cuties? Just asking.

Reactions: OriginalBalenciaga
OMFG. There is zero children nudity.
I saw the movie as opposed to all the people talking about it.
I liked it and the young actresses are phenomenal.
Time to move on and update my ignore list.

Thank you so much for sharing your perspective! It sounds like most of the critics haven’t actually seen the movie so I especially appreciate hearing from someone with complete and reliable information. In this era of “alternative facts” it’s crucial to research and find the original source for everything!

Reactions: limom
Thank you so much for sharing your perspective! It sounds like most of the critics haven’t actually seen the movie so I especially appreciate hearing from someone with complete and reliable information. In this era of “alternative facts” it’s crucial to research and find the original source for everything!

I am getting especially annoyed that this population is destroying the career of a young female film maker from an immigrant background. Her voice is extremely important and reflects a reality that has been ignored in France. I like her work and I am looking forward to her other projects.

I am getting especially annoyed that this population is destroying the career of a young female film maker from an immigrant background. Her voice is extremely important and reflects a reality that has been ignored in France. I like her work and I am looking forward to her other projects.

Yes the Times article got me curious about her so I’m reading more about her now. What a shame. And yet somehow so on brand.

Reactions: limom