Prince Andrew

Reactions: Chanbal
Andi did sit on the front row. Some speculate it’s because William did not go.
Camilla did not walk with the family, but rode with King Constantine’s widow, Queen Anne-Marie.

1709119761484.png

Last edited:
Frankly, because he has extensive security, the firm had to have a clue.
What do you think?
I think a lot of people knew about Saville. I remember bbc comedians used to make jokes about him being a freak all the time but it was vague how.

He had a really suspicious number of high level friends considering he was just a tv presenter. He was best mates with Margaret Thatcher he Spent NYEves with her. It’s a very strange Story we will never find out the truth….still I’m sure everyone involved is really sorry and it’ll never happen again :eek:

I think it’s the lesser of 2 evils for Charles to keep supporting Andrew financially. if Andrew were cut off financially and got really desperate who knows what crazy money making scheme(s) he might concoct that could potentially be major embarrassments to the BRF.
What’s more embarassing than arms dealing?

Cut him loose, I say, maybe he could get on celebrity big brother but I think the media know he hasn’t got the kind of charm that can sell papers and they aren’t going to publish anything that could kill their relationship with the royals aka the golden geese.

Realistically the royals should stick him back in the army where they have all kind of make-work jobs for elderly officers and he’d be safely away from young women and important officials. They could even make him clean the bogs at Sandhurst or something.

That's going too far. There has never been any indication that KCIII knew anything about Savill's behaviour and he clearly would not have had anything to do with anyone like that if he had known. Neither would many other people.
The creepy thing though is he was also friends with that bishop who turned out to be a predator:

Now, of course he denied knowing everything and he may well not but it does seem a bit strange.

I do accept that there’s a real possibility that the corridors of power are more likely to attract sadistic men with dark tastes than the average environment but all the more reason for high status people to be discerning with their influence.

Then it gets even fishier when you hear that Andrew was having Ghislaine over to the palace and I think she is probably the physical embodiment of a red flag so you’ve really got to wonder why they were in the inner sanctum at the dinner party over I dunno some nice lady from the WI who was at the Queen’s garden party for nice charity ladies.

Imo the Greek royals overstepped proper protocol by inviting him, unless they cleared it with KC&QC.
Plus, Constantine already had a funeral and a memorial service. Was a UK service really necessary?

ETA: surely this private family event was planned months ago, so the guest list should have been known before KC’s illness was announced. Exactly what kind of king does KC want to be?

ETA2: reading the tea leaves, this is a mess.

A soul-crushing picture of the Royals in peril: Disgraced Andrew given star billing as Kate and Charles recover... Wills goes missing... and Harry and Meghan sulk in Montecito. MAUREEN CALLAHAN asks: How DOES the monarchy come back from this?​

Last edited:
Reactions: Bagatha Christie
Imo Maureen is correct. Link above.

Look no further than the disgraced Prince Andrew, apparently viewing this sudden power vacuum as an opportunity to emerge from banishment and lead the royal family - or what was left of it - into Tuesday’s memorial service.

Look no further than the disgraced Prince Andrew, apparently viewing this sudden power vacuum as an opportunity to emerge from banishment and lead the royal family - or what was left of it - into Tuesday’s memorial service.
——-
In an alternate universe, Tuesday’s service would have seen the Duke and Duchess of Sussex leading the way, standard bearers for an intact monarchy, slim but powerful, padded with key players of vim and vigor, style and star power.

Instead, we were made to suffer a shameless Prince Andrew in full cock-of-the-walk, chest thrust forward, smiling broadly, emitting an aura of utter confidence as the royal alpha male.

What an insult to Prince William. What an insult to Princess Anne, trailing behind her besmirched brother. Her sheer workload and devotion to monarchy deserves better.

It was all rather maudlin and colorless, despite Andrew’s beaming white grin — which felt, frankly,
completely inappropriate.

So, yes, private family event, but it is listed on the court circular with politicians invited, too.

27 February 2024

Buckingham Palace

The King was represented by The Queen, accompanied by The Princess Royal and Vice Admiral Sir Tim Laurence, The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester, The Duke of Kent, Princess Alexandra, the Hon. Lady Ogilvy and other Members of the Royal Family at the Service of Thanksgiving for the Life of King Constantine of the Hellenes which was held in St. George's Chapel, Windsor Castle, this morning.

Members of Foreign Royal Families attended

——-
In an alternate universe, Tuesday’s service would have seen the Duke and Duchess of Sussex leading the way, standard bearers for an intact monarchy, slim but powerful, padded with key players of vim and vigor, style and star power.

Instead, we were made to suffer a shameless Prince Andrew in full cock-of-the-walk, chest thrust forward, smiling broadly, emitting an aura of utter confidence as the royal alpha male.

What an insult to Prince William. What an insult to Princess Anne, trailing behind her besmirched brother. Her sheer workload and devotion to monarchy deserves better.

It was all rather maudlin and colorless, despite Andrew’s beaming white grin — which felt, frankly,
Frankly I would rather have Andrew and Fergie than H&M

Neither couple should have BRF recognition imo. They say one reason Constantine’s memorial was held at Windsor was so Andi would not be out on the public streets of London.

ETA: it seems yesterday’s Anglican service was ‘sponsored’ by the BRF. Today there was a service in London in a Greek Orthodox Church ‘sponsored’ by the Greek Royal Family. I don’t believe any BRF members attended that.

[Officially Greece has no royal family. Constantine was buried as a private citizen and considered simply a ‘leader”.]

Last edited:

——-

Zara and Mike are very obviously grimacing in this photo. Anne looks like she’s hiding a similar emotion under a head duck and head gear (large hat and veil).