Price of Chanel Jumbo in second hand market

You can find out what particular bags sell for by doing an eBay search on Sold items. That will tell you what buyers are willing to pay for a specific style and condition.

When I did sold listing search, they came up with very high prices like 3k or more. Thanks for your recommendation, it's kind of comforting :smile:

No, dear. $2400 sounds just about right if without accessories and the authenticity card.

Thanks for letting me know, as I already have the bag in my posession and I like it. Always wanted to own a Jumbo in caviar. Finally my search is over and I'm content with my collection :smile:
I have a beautiful preloved Chanel black caviar single flap Jumbo ... I don't recall if I have the auth card, although I do have the dust bag & box. I got mine for either $2500 or $3000. I think $2400 is a decent price!

Good to know. Just wondering the color and leather of your Jumbo. Is it lambskin or Caviar?

Are you able to return? Actually, I also wasn't aware that not having the authenticity card would bring the value down by THAT much because you can usually tell the authenticity in other ways. Ideally, it'd be nice to include the authenticity card as a whole package.

You're right, authenticity is checked by serial number inside the bag and that's how mine got authenticated here. In terms of return, I'm sure I can return it but it'll be unfair for the seller. I did agree to the price at that time and now I feel bad to even email her to return just because I think it should have costed less. In either case, I like the bag and if it costed me $100-$200 extra, i think I'm ok with it.

Coincidentally, I'm contemplating selling my single flap jumbo in black caviar to a consignment so I can fund a vintage flap, they quoted me $2700 for the whole package (I have the original sales tag from NM, and authenticity card), would that be valued more in selling?

Do you mind letting me know which consignment store quoted you that proce? Thanks

I think this is just fair price for their own profit. I got quoted a bit lesser than that on my jumbo Classic Flap even if it comes complete. Selling it on your own would justify a tag of $4K upwards in the market depending on its condition.
I agree, $2700 seems like a good price as selling on Ebay will end up with extra ebay and paypal fees and a huge headache while dealing with buyer.

Now I'm stressed as I already bought it :sad: Seems like 2400 is way more than it should have costed without any accessories.

I think you got a great deal if it is authentic and in good condition! $2400 is an extremely low price for this bag even without the serial number card. I think the serial number card can bring the price up/down by ~$250-300, and this bag should sell for about $3200-3400 with the card, so you got a great price. The box doesn't really change the price on a bag unless it is able to be sold as "new" or only a couple of years old, and you can buy an authentic dustbag easily for $45-50 if you want one.

I think you got a great deal if it is authentic and in good condition! $2400 is an extremely low price for this bag even without the serial number card. I think the serial number card can bring the price up/down by ~$250-300, and this bag should sell for about $3200-3400 with the card, so you got a great price. The box doesn't really change the price on a bag unless it is able to be sold as "new" or only a couple of years old, and you can buy an authentic dustbag easily for $45-50 if you want one.

Thanks so much, I feel so relieved. Bag is definitely in good condition and was made in 2010-2011. So far I'm very happy with it. :smile: here's the pic.

IMG_1485187122.630012.jpgIMG_1485187133.830001.jpg

Thanks so much, I feel so relieved. Bag is definitely in good condition and was made in 2010-2011. So far I'm very happy with it. :smile: here's the pic.

View attachment 3583317View attachment 3583318
Personally, I think you got a great price! It's a gorgeous bag and looks to be in wonderful condition. :congrats: on your Jumbo Single Flap dear! I have 3 that I purchased brand new & I love them. :heart:

Reactions: mia55
Do you mind sharing where you found your bag? I'm searching for the perfect bag (at the best prices). I don't care if I have the card as long as it's been authenticated.

I was just wondering if anyone had input on the large price variation between Jumbos (single flap)--going for $3400-$$4500 on Fashiophile as opposed to $2800 and up on TheRealReal. Is Fashionphile known to be overpriced?

Sorry you asked awhile ago, but one thing to note is that RealReal bags are "final sale" but there have been several postings of significant damage/wear to bags listed in "excellent condition", so perhaps that accounts for part of the price difference. A single flap jumbo on TRR may very well have some undisclosed wear since that price is quite low for a resale company. In general TRR is a little cheaper than Fashionphile, but Fashionphile also prices items below the current "market" rate sometimes. I would expect to pay about $3,500+ from one of these sites if an excellent condition is desired.

Sorry you asked awhile ago, but one thing to note is that RealReal bags are "final sale" but there have been several postings of significant damage/wear to bags listed in "excellent condition", so perhaps that accounts for part of the price difference. A single flap jumbo on TRR may very well have some undisclosed wear since that price is quite low for a resale company. In general TRR is a little cheaper than Fashionphile, but Fashionphile also prices items below the current "market" rate sometimes. I would expect to pay about $3,500+ from one of these sites if an excellent condition is desired.

Another thing that I've noticed about The RealReal is that they do not list if something has an odor like cigarette smoke or perfume.

Hi ladies,

I'm looking to buy a Jumbo consignment and have been browsing for about a week now but still am not sure what a decent price is.

Would you pay $4,300 USD (about $5,600 CAD, as I am in Canada) for a Jumbo double flap with some scuffs? I keep seeing listings fitting this description. I am looking on consignment stores only as I don't have enough experience to look on eBay.

Thank you!