Price of Chanel Jumbo in second hand market

mia55

O.G.
Jun 21, 2010
Hi,

I hope I'm allowed to discuss this topic.

I'm planning to buy a Chanel Jumbo single flap as my everyday bag. I'm not sure how much do they cost in 2nd hand market as they've retired. Can anyone tell me how much should I save to buy them?

Thanks

Thanks so much for your reply. I've been offered a good condition single flap Jumbo (verified authentic) with faint corner wear and without any dustbag or authenticity card for $2400. Seems like it's an ok price then.

Reactions: BagLadyT
I think it depends on whether caviar or lamb and condition

That makes sense. I ended up buying a single flap black caviar silver hardware jumbo for 2400 in great condition . It did not come with any accessories like dust bag and authenticity card so wanted to know if it's a good price or not.

That makes sense. I ended up buying a single flap black caviar silver hardware jumbo for 2400 in great condition . It did not come with any accessories like dust bag and authenticity card so wanted to know if it's a good price or not.
The non-inclusion of an authenticity card usually gets the value or price down of a Chanel purse no matter the condition.

Now I'm stressed as I already bought it :sad: Seems like 2400 is way more than it should have costed without any accessories.
I have a beautiful preloved Chanel black caviar single flap Jumbo ... I don't recall if I have the auth card, although I do have the dust bag & box. I got mine for either $2500 or $3000. I think $2400 is a decent price!

Now I'm stressed as I already bought it :sad: Seems like 2400 is way more than it should have costed without any accessories.
Are you able to return? Actually, I also wasn't aware that not having the authenticity card would bring the value down by THAT much because you can usually tell the authenticity in other ways. Ideally, it'd be nice to include the authenticity card as a whole package.

Coincidentally, I'm contemplating selling my single flap jumbo in black caviar to a consignment so I can fund a vintage flap, they quoted me $2700 for the whole package (I have the original sales tag from NM, and authenticity card), would that be valued more in selling?

Coincidentally, I'm contemplating selling my single flap jumbo in black caviar to a consignment so I can fund a vintage flap, they quoted me $2700 for the whole package (I have the original sales tag from NM, and authenticity card), would that be valued more in selling?
I think this is just fair price for their own profit. I got quoted a bit lesser than that on my jumbo Classic Flap even if it comes complete. Selling it on your own would justify a tag of $4K upwards in the market depending on its condition.