Prada Saffiano tote... timeless?

Saffiano totes were timeless. That is until every 'B' list actress, so-called singers and reality show twits started carrying them. It totally destroyed what was unique about the bag and this being that it was unique. Yes, the styling is fairly classic, but once you have any bag (think Hermès Birkin and/or Kelly bags) being carried around by people with more money than class, they lose their timeless elegance. I'm glad I sold all mine....

Thanks, i totally agree with you! Especially when its so common here where i live. I see more prada saffiano totes in different colors here than authentic lv...

Saffiano totes were timeless. That is until every 'B' list actress, so-called singers and reality show twits started carrying them. It totally destroyed what was unique about the bag and this being that it was unique. Yes, the styling is fairly classic, but once you have any bag (think Hermès Birkin and/or Kelly bags) being carried around by people with more money than class, they lose their timeless elegance. I'm glad I sold all mine....

But this could be said about almost every designer bag really. Tons of beautiful bags being carried by people with more money than class. If that takes away from the timelessness and elegance of a bag, then what's left?

But this could be said about almost every designer bag really. Tons of beautiful bags being carried by people with more money than class. If that takes away from the timelessness and elegance of a bag, then what's left?

Realizing that at the end of the day, it's just a "pocketbook" and there are far more worthy things in life to spend one's money on.

Here's my reveal!!! :smile: in the color Sabbia!

At the moment, I'm really not concerned about who takes away the timeless elegance of stuff...you live once and if you enjoy good, quality things, then who cares who wears it! :biggrin:

Attachments

• unnamed-7.jpg
    unnamed-7.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 1,761
  • unnamed-8.jpg
    unnamed-8.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 1,754
  • photo 4-8.jpg
    photo 4-8.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 1,770
  • photo 5-7.jpg
    photo 5-7.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 1,782
THIS! I can't speak for everyone but I buy what I love. I don't have the time and energy to focus on who's carrying what! Class is different for everyone!

This!

Completely agree with you, especially since it's not like a lot of these people can't afford multiple bags, it basically eliminates every designer bag ever produced. I don't think you can say that the Hermes Birkin or Kelly is not a timeless classic, just because there are people carrying them that don't do them justice.

Completely agree with you, especially since it's not like a lot of these people can't afford multiple bags, it basically eliminates every designer bag ever produced. I don't think you can say that the Hermes Birkin or Kelly is not a timeless classic, just because there are people carrying them that don't do them justice.

Thank you, this is the point I was trying to make but wasn't able to word it as well as you did :smile:

Personally, I will buy what I like to carry and don't care who else is carrying it. I really don't pay attention to what celebs are carrying or wearing anyways. They can afford one of everything! To me, "timeless" just means that I'll be equally happy to carry it 20 years from now as I am today.

Thank you, this is the point I was trying to make but wasn't able to word it as well as you did :smile:

Personally, I will buy what I like to carry and don't care who else is carrying it. I really don't pay attention to what celebs are carrying or wearing anyways. They can afford one of everything! To me, "timeless" just means that I'll be equally happy to carry it 20 years from now as I am today.
Exactly!!!

Here's my reveal!!! :smile: in the color Sabbia!

At the moment, I'm really not concerned about who takes away the timeless elegance of stuff...you live once and if you enjoy good, quality things, then who cares who wears it! :biggrin:

I LOVE that colour - so pretty.

I do think that these bags are timeless as they are a lovely shape and always look wonderful. They would never look dated in my opinion. Good classic shape and simple design. A quite Elegance. This is now my favourite bag, even over my beloved LV speedies.

I have a tote in the Turchese (Turquoise) and it is incredible and there is never a time when I take it out that I don't get compliments on it. Even though a season "fashion" colour - it is such a cheery happy colour and looks nice. It is a pleasure having such a great bag. :biggrin: