Post Comments/Questions about Limited Edition Bags Here

Hello.
I am getting defeated by my hunt for an authentic LV Soft Mini Trunk (M44480). It was in Virgil’s first male collection and they’re rare. I’ve tried to purchase 4, all having fake date codes. I finally found one that seemed to check out based on photos and date code, except the receipt purchase date is 7 months prior. The buyer, who has 400 sales with 5 star reviews, purchased it in London on 1/27/19. However, the date code is SP1199 (indicating 19th week of 2019). So the year is right, but the month is July. I’ve saved and wanted this bag for so long and FINALLY thought I had a legit one - but now this is my concern. It’s starting to feel like it isn’t meant to be and it is bumming me the hell out.

Worst case scenario, I can get my money back. But I am praying this is explainable. Can anyone provide any insight?

Side note: The receipt seems to absolutely check out. Both cashiers listed (a return receipt was included, so 2) can be found on LinkedIn with LV as a former/current job. So, I then began thinking well did they buy a real one but swap out a fake?

Photos, if they help:

Thank you for ANY insight!

Hi everyone! I was wondering about how limited the Jack and Lucie charm was. I’ve been told that it was only releases on Halloween but I don’t think it’s entirely correct. Is it actually rare? Thanks!

Hi everyone! I was wondering about how limited the Jack and Lucie charm was. I’ve been told that it was only releases on Halloween but I don’t think it’s entirely correct. Is it actually rare? Thanks!

This bag charm was released in 2006 in 2 combinations. They had Swarovski crystals that made up the face. They become all the rage and I remember one time seeing them on ebay for $ 800.00 !! Yes, it's a super rare, collectible piece, especially if you can find one in excellent condition.

This bag charm was released in 2006 in 2 combinations. They had Swarovski crystals that made up the face. They become all the rage and I remember one time seeing them on ebay for $ 800.00 !! Yes, it's a super rare, collectible piece, especially if you can find one in excellent condition.

I recently purchased one brand new with tags! I wasn’t really sure about the exclusivity of them as the release date isn’t really specified anywhere. I’ve made the assumption that these are more limited than seasonal pieces. Thank you.

Hi there, I’m really new to the forum and keen to learn how to navigate and use all the amazing reference information. I’ve started a small collection of bags and slgs from LV, Dior, Chanel and contemporary designers And I love learning about ‘the details’
I’m looking for information to verify the authenticity of a Tagashi Murakami Cherry Blossom pink monogram pochette accessoires. I think this would be considered a limited edition and I think it’s 2003 (or 2008 YouTube confused me) can anyone point me at the reference library thread, given that I don’t know the year…or perhaps the right thread to be posting some pictures and questions…pretty sure I’m looking at a fake but would be nice to have some validation and to learn at the same time.

I should add this is not an eBay purchase, this is a bag already owned by a friend of mine. I hesitate to post it to the LV authentication thread as it’s not an item for sale that I can link to, I just have photos taken on a phone.

thanks so much, hoping I will be able to add value in the future.

Last edited: