Polene numero neuf

Thanks! I’m most concerned about the corners, and if I order and the middle stitching on the handle is loose
Hi hi I’ve had mine since May 2022 but I haven’t used it that much purely because I went a bit nuts buying too many bags in too short a time.
No problems so far. I did watch a review that reported minimal corner wear with use which I think is to be expected.
With my most recent mini Neuf order the joint where the leather is sewn together at the middle of the top handle looked like there was a small raw spot - when I emailed CS about it they offered an exchange immediately. Waiting to receive the new piece which hopefully doesn’t have any flaws. Will revert again!

Hi hi I’ve had mine since May 2022 but I haven’t used it that much purely because I went a bit nuts buying too many bags in too short a time.
No problems so far. I did watch a review that reported minimal corner wear with use which I think is to be expected.
With my most recent mini Neuf order the joint where the leather is sewn together at the middle of the top handle looked like there was a small raw spot - when I emailed CS about it they offered an exchange immediately. Waiting to receive the new piece which hopefully doesn’t have any flaws. Will revert again!
Thanks for your info! I live in SEA and will purchase through a personal shopper, so exchange would be a bit difficult. That’s why I keep rethinking which size and color I want

Happy rmto hear your Neuf been good, and I think most have a goos experience with it.

But I’ve seen wonky big Neuf on Youtube. Do you agree the small one would hold it’s shape better? Looks like so from my observation.

This is a comparison of the two sizes I posted earlier in another thread. Hope it helps!

mini neuf:

I’ve been using the neuf mini for quite some time so I’m more used to that than the regular size. At this point, I prefer the mini neuf because of its perfect crossbody size. It’s proportionate to my 5’3” height and 0-2 body type. I have to say, though, I didn’t quite like it at first because of the super tricky narrow opening, but after a while the leather gets soften and it has become easier to get things in and out. If you can find a good angle to put your things in (vertically then horizontally), it surprisingly holds a lot more than one can imagine. And this is coming from someone who normally carry a lot. It does hold more than the Dix which appears wider in appearance. I can fit my iphone 13 pro (the pro max should fit as well), medium sized wallet (I think long wallet is doable too with the right angle), a pack of napkins, hand sanitizer, facial spray, and a few lipsticks/pens/candies. It should already be packed at this point. It’s great for daily essentials if these are what you normally pack too, and very cute.

Regular neuf:

To me, the height of the full sized neuf is not too big or overwhelming for someone my height, but I think the width makes it super bulky. It definitely will stick out if you do a crossbody - looks much better under the crook of an arm. The bag is about a M/L size. The capacity is super spacious. If you hold more than the (my) essentials, say you also carry a portable umbrella, full sized bottle of water, books/ipads; you may want to go with the full sized neuf. One thing I like is that it is full leather but the bag itself is not very heavy (650 grams) for the size. It’s a great size for traveling.

Two sizes sure serve different purposes, but if I can only have one, I will choose a mini neuf!

View attachment 5412020

Thank u for this :smile: How’s the bag shape holding up? Any cuffing, leather peeling at the base?

Mini Neuf in color chalk
20230123_154159.jpg

I have to eat my words: in another group I said Polene is not good quality. It's because last summer I orderer mini Un and the leather in that bag WAS NOT good.. But I wanted to give Polene second change. This mini Neuff does not have the same heavy coated leather.. this leather feels actually really good: it's thick, soft and supple. I also can't find any loose theards, the seams are lined and no peeling or marks.

Here's mini Neuf side by side with my work horse, vintage LV pochette accessoires

20230123_154127.jpg

Vintage pochette weights with all the straps 207 grams, where mini Neuf weights 440 grams. So it's little heavier but hey, it's full leather.

I need to order some strap extenders as the longest strap setting is only 119 cm, I need a few cm more. Will report what option I'll find :smile:

I also immediatelly tried the bag with all my jackets - it goes with everything!

Last edited:
Mini Neuf in color chalk
View attachment 5698824

I have to eat my words: in another group I said Polene is not good quality. It's because last summer I orderer mini Un and the leather in that bag WAS NOT good. But I wanted to give Polene second change. This mini Neuff does not same the same heavy coated leather. This leather feels really good, it's thick, soft and supple. I also can't find any loose theards and seams are lined. No peeling or marks.

Here's mini Neuf side by side with my work horse, vintage LV pochette accessoires

View attachment 5698828

Vintage pochette weights with all the straps 207 grams, where mini Neuf weights 440 grams. So it's little heavier but hey, it's full leather. I need to order some strap extenders as the longest strap setting is only 119 cm, I need few cm more. Will report what option I'll find :smile:

I also immediatelly tried the bag with all my jackets - it goes with everything!

So I just got an Umi in Chalk, and I love this color si much. Like Neuf, Umi is pebbled leather, and I agree with you it’s nicer than their textured leather.

I already placed an order in Neuf mini in Camel and PO Dune. Very tempting to get it in Chalk as well I need to see them arrive and decide if the pointy bottoms bothering me enough or not!

Last edited:
I know there has been some concerns about Polène quality lately but I have to say the full size Neuf is absolute perfection to me. I just bought my third one yesterday (in taupe). I’ve had my black one for almost exactly a year and I’ve worn it a lot but it still looks brand new. Actually I think it looks better than brand new because the leather has softened beautifully. I find the bag to be very practical but I do almost always wear it handheld. I tuck the strap inside the bag for when I really need my hands. I don’t think I would like it as much if I wanted to wear it mostly on the shoulder or crossbody as I feel like it’s a big too bulky for that, at least on my frame (I’m 5”5). I own luxury bags as well and to me the leather and craftsmanship of the Neuf is very comparable.

I know there has been some concerns about Polène quality lately but I have to say the full size Neuf is absolute perfection to me. I just bought my third one yesterday (in taupe). I’ve had my black one for almost exactly a year and I’ve worn it a lot but it still looks brand new. Actually I think it looks better than brand new because the leather has softened beautifully. I find the bag to be very practical but I do almost always wear it handheld. I tuck the strap inside the bag for when I really need my hands. I don’t think I would like it as much if I wanted to wear it mostly on the shoulder or crossbody as I feel like it’s a big too bulky for that, at least on my frame (I’m 5”5). I own luxury bags as well and to me the leather and craftsmanship of the Neuf is very comparable.
How about getting in and out of the bag? I've heard the opening is cumbersome. I have a large wallet.

How about getting in and out of the bag? I've heard the opening is cumbersome. I have a large wallet.
I don’t have any issues getting in and out of the bag. I think I would definitely struggle with the Neuf mini though. I use a medium sized wallet and it’s perfect. I think a large wallet would be fine but you might need to angle it a bit to get it out if you have a lot of other things in your bag.

I use my (regular size) Neuf even for trips to the library. I can usually fit 3 or 4 books and I'm able to get these in and out, so your wallet should be fine. But you have to get larger things in and out one by one. And you might need to turn your wallet inside of the bag before being able to get it out. Yes, it's not super practical but it's also not really an issue for me. And I got used to it fairly quickly.

It looks gorgeous in black as well! The Neuf is so elegant, I always feel special wearing my taupe dumpling! :biggrin:

I use my (regular size) Neuf even for trips to the library. I can usually fit 3 or 4 books and I'm able to get these in and out, so your wallet should be fine. But you have to get larger things in and out one by one. And you might need to turn your wallet inside of the bag before being able to get it out. Yes, it's not super practical but it's also not really an issue for me. And I got used to it fairly quickly.
Thank you!