Polène handbags

I forgot what the old logo looked like. Is the new one just thicker? My brain can tell something has changed and I don't like it lol
looks like @lilchoconut have explained below. right, i prefer the old one too. the new one looks, weird and out of place, not so in line with their branding (the whole vibes of polene as a brand)
Looks like the old one was sans serifs, the new one has serifs
Personally I prefer the accent one the old one. Looks more whimsical

View attachment 5773458

View attachment 5773459

What colours do you typically wear regarding clothing?

That’s great to hear thanks. I too like the slate blue but I have a couple of bags in medium blue already so need a navy. I may have to order it now :biggrin:

Sorry for the delay. Clothing wise, I wear a decent amount of pale pink, white, cream, gray, taupe, khaki green, and mint green, at least during spring /summer. In the winter, I still wear some of those colors, but also a lot of burgundy, teal or emerald green, black, and maybe some jewel tone pink.

I do not wear a lot of: yellow, red, purple, orange, brown/camel, bright blues, and grassy or chartreuse greens.

Prob more detail than you wanted ;)

I think you should get the blue Dix!!! It’s like a slate blue that leans dark. Probably very versatile.

Reactions: dcooney4
Sorry for the delay. Clothing wise, I wear a decent amount of pale pink, white, cream, gray, taupe, khaki green, and mint green, at least during spring /summer. In the winter, I still wear some of those colors, but also a lot of burgundy, teal or emerald green, black, and maybe some jewel tone pink.

I do not wear a lot of: yellow, red, purple, orange, brown/camel, bright blues, and grassy or chartreuse greens.

Prob more detail than you wanted ;)

I think you should get the blue Dix!!! It’s like a slate blue that leans dark. Probably very versatile.

Never too much detail, thanks so much. I do wear some similar colours to you except for khaki and burgundy. They don’t suit my rosy pale skin so much. Thanks for the tips, it does sound like the chalk is very versatile.

I think I should get the blue dix but I now like the black smooth leather with the contrast stitching. And I really don’t need 3 of the same bag - I banned myself from that a good few years ago :lol:

They’re available to ship on 12 May. I wonder if that’s a new batch with the updated logo.

Reactions: Jereni
Hi all!

Long time lurker that decided to make an account to contribute as well.
I'm mostly fan of Coach and have two Chloe bags.
I had seen mostly Polene bags on social media. However, after seeing the Neuf Mini in Chalk I fell in love and decided to buy the Sandalwood version of it.
However, there embossing is done properly on my Sandalwood bag, which was disappointing. I have contacted Polene regarding this and hope that we will come to a solution.

I absolutely love the colour and bag design. I think it is just a matter of time before the full size Neuf will be purchased. I just cannot decide on which colour yet.

Sandalwood letter.jpgSandalwood.jpg

Compared to the chalk bag that was done properly.
Chalk.PNG

The leather also showed some small cracks already near the handle. Handles.jpg

And lastly, the chalk and sandalwood mini Neuf next to eachother.

comparison.jpg

Looks like the old one was sans serifs, the new one has serifs
Personally I prefer the accent one the old one. Looks more whimsical

View attachment 5773458

View attachment 5773459
lol they're really trying to become a "heritage brand" in the span of only a few years, with the price increase and now serifs to class it up. I personally like the sans-serif, it looks contemporary (which matches their overall design aesthetic better imo).

I personally like the sans-serif, it looks contemporary (which matches their overall design aesthetic better imo).

Agreeeed. I love the sans serif font. Way more modern & chic.

IDK but the old logo still lives everywhere else while the new logo appears on bags. The brand feels so disconnected. I'm glad that I stopped buying just before the price hike and the new logo. I'm definitely turned off from buying any more.

Does anyone know how to tell the difference between authentic and fake polene bags? They look so identical that I am too scared to buy pre owned. Some of the dust bags look fake, but that's the only tell I have found. I bought a secondhand bag that looks real and comes with its box, proper dustbag, tissue paper, and manuals, but I'm still nervous. Hopefully it'll be real when it arrives.

Reactions: rayceline
Does anyone know how to tell the difference between authentic and fake polene bags? They look so identical that I am too scared to buy pre owned. Some of the dust bags look fake, but that's the only tell I have found. I bought a secondhand bag that looks real and comes with its box, proper dustbag, tissue paper, and manuals, but I'm still nervous. Hopefully it'll be real when it arrives.
I don’t think there is a Polene authenticator on here. I was only suspicious once when someone was complaining about their new bag and it looked pretty off.

Hello, i am new to Polene. Im considering the tonca but need help with colours. Can anyone help describe the camel duo colour, is it a dark tan, tan or borwn colpyr? Or lighter in person? Im after a neutral colour, lighter than tan. Would you suggest Dune or Camel? I like the ecru but its sold out with no idea on timings. Thanks!

Reactions: Jereni