Pochette Metis marine rouge or monogram?

I think it's because the leather can handle the glaze better than canvas. For years I collected Coach leather bags and I never once had any glazing problems. I sold all of those bags off, but the glazing was always in tact and the bags still looked perfect. LV might use a type of glaze or coating that seems to work for a shorter term on canvas. I don't know if they have always used this particular type of coating or if the formula has changed over the years. It could also be due to other factors such as weather (extreme heat, cold or humidity) and storage/usage of a handbag.
I know there was an issue for a particular batch of Empreinte Speedy bags where the glazing melted on the handles (maybe also due to the reaction of natural oils/body heat with constantly grabbing the top handles). I haven't read about that many complaints on glazing of Empreinte items in general though.

I think you’re right that the leather can hold the glaze better then canvas, by the way a friend of mine had a coach leather bag a while ago and the leather always looked so perfect! It really might be that LV uses a glaze that works on canvas for a short term, I have a feeling that their formula has changed over the years. I hope they re-formulate the glaze so the PM wears and tears better because for the price of this bag you’re supposed to get a bag that will be in good condition after a year but like you said it can also be due to weather and storage of the handbag. I haven’t read any glazing complaints on the empriente either, is it possible that they have a different formula for the glaze on the empriente leather vs the canvas?

I bet your speedy B 25 and artsy In empriente look gorgeous! Do you sometimes post on the thread “your Louis Vuitton in action” ? I would love to see a photo of your speedy B 25 empriente leather [emoji7]
That’s great that the PM in monogram has been very practical, I would worry about the vanchetta (hand held strap) but that’s because I already have a speedy 35 in monogram and I literally baby the vanchetta because I don’t want anything to stain it but then I know that I can’t baby the bag forever so I’m trying to let go a bit [emoji23]
From the pictures I’ve seen online, I really like the interior of the PM in monogram! But the Marine rouge the red lining is giving me all the feels right now, it’s just so beautiful and special!
I actually tried on the Red PM yesterday because the SA said it would look very nice with the dress I was wearing and yes it is a very pretty bag but I can’t see myself having a red bag. Maybe one day if my wardrobe changes a bit then I will buy it but currently I really like the Marine rouge. I do understand your point the Marine rouge wouldn’t match everything especially a little black dress but I do think it would elevate the outfit compared to the noir. I have a few black bags from other designer brands and I feel like the longer I use them the more I get bored of black! Black is good for all seasons but sometimes I think it’s a bit too dressy or intense, I’m not really sure how to explain it but lately I’ve been wanting to try new things and I happen to like it very much, I think black is very common and it’s nice to branch out a bit and explore :smile:
The monogram is the original I agree 100%, I think that if I decide to buy the Marine rouge then maybe later down the line if I’m liking the style of the PM then I might get the monogram but right now it doesn’t seem to give me that instant “I want it right now” feeling :/
20170115_115945710_iOS.jpg Here is my beautiful Speedy 25 Emp Aurore.

The best thing is to buy the bag which makes you want to buy it the moment you see her. Black is a classic color but yes you are right you soon get bored of it sometimes. It has happened to me too. Especially if you have other black bags.The Marine/Rouge is a very beautiful color which suits this bag. Remember once you see the bags your first choice is always the best. I have made the mistake of thinking which I would wear most etc and ending up buying a bag which was not the love of my life eventually. I will post a picture here of the Speedy 25 Emp in Aurore. I love this bag. I cannot say that I have used it that much because to be honest I have so many bags that even if I rotate I cannot wear them all but when I wear it I receive a lot of compliments. LV is much better than Chanel in the fact that you can use the bags more carefree. With my Chanel bags I have to look around, see where I will put it, never hang it, many times the bag sits on the chair and I don't sit comfortably because I have to have it near me.

The moment I saw the PM Marine rouge I instantly fell in love, I really thought I was going to fall in love with the PM monogram but the LV store nearby didn’t have it in stock so Marine rouge was all I say that day. You’re spot on when you say that black is a classic color and that you’ll get bored with it especially if you have other black bags. I think it’s nice to have black bags in your collection but it’s nice to try something different :smile:
I think you’re right that once you see the bags your first choice is always the best and this is why I’m trying not to over think it too much, I like the Marine rouge a lot and I feel like if I get the monogram I wouldn’t be as happy.
Your picture of your speedy 25 emp in aurore didn’t show up, maybe there is a default in the purse form thread? :smile:
How many bags do you have overall that are LV? I like to rotate bags depending on season :smile:
I think you’re right about LV bags you can be more carefree compared to chanel. I can understand your dilemma when you take out your chanel bag and can’t fully enjoy yourself.
Do you have it in lambskin or caviar?

Hmmm I thought it was the part where the strap clips meet the flap and rubs against the glazing and that’s why it peels...so was wondering why it only happens to the mono as that happens to every Pochette Metis no matter the material? So is it more than just that part of the glazing?
Yes that could be possible. I've heard about that as well. But I thought that the leather piece connecting the hardware/strap on the side of the PM in canvas and leather were attached in the same location (if that makes sense). Maybe because the leather can also fold and bend with more ease than the canvas so it won't rub the same way against the strap/hardware? It's hard for me to compare as I only have the canvas version.

She has all three (mono, reverse and Empreinte), but I'm sorry maybe my comment was misunderstood. She purchased her mono PM back in early 2016 and I purchased it a year after her in 2017. So hers is two years old and she has heavily used it and she literally does throw it down a lot. She has a lot of other LV bags but that one is her favorite so it's most used.
The Reverse is a little more specialized and trendy in my opinion. It looks cool, but it's not for me. I believe that she got her reverse in late 2016 and it was a little difficult to track down at first but she works closely with a SA so I think it took about a month to find one. Yes, it is still possible to find the Reverse.

She has all 3? That’s amazing [emoji7]
I can imagine how many outfits she can pair to these bags especially the reverse and empriente leather :smile:
Aha alright now I understand, so her bag is 2 years old and she has heavily used it because it’s her favorite so of course it will show wear and tear signs!
I agree with you about the reverse that it’s more specialized and trendy! It’s also not for me, currently it doesn’t work in my wardrobe so I’m not considering it right now but who knows? Maybe a few years down the line and I’ll be buying a reverse one to fit in my new wardrobe :smile:
I think it’s important to have a good relationship with your SA because he or she can put things aside, order the items you want and help you decide which bag you should purchase.

I can imagine how many outfits she can pair to these bags especially the reverse and empriente leather :smile:
Aha alright now I understand, so her bag is 2 years old and she has heavily used it because it’s her favorite so of course it will show wear and tear signs!
I agree with you about the reverse that it’s more specialized and trendy! It’s also not for me, currently it doesn’t work in my wardrobe so I’m not considering it right now but who knows? Maybe a few years down the line and I’ll be buying a reverse one to fit in my new wardrobe :smile:
I think it’s important to have a good relationship with your SA because he or she can put things aside, order the items you want and help you decide which bag you should purchase.
The moment I saw the PM Marine rouge I instantly fell in love, I really thought I was going to fall in love with the PM monogram but the LV store nearby didn’t have it in stock so Marine rouge was all I say that day. You’re spot on when you say that black is a classic color and that you’ll get bored with it especially if you have other black bags. I think it’s nice to have black bags in your collection but it’s nice to try something different :smile:
I think you’re right that once you see the bags your first choice is always the best and this is why I’m trying not to over think it too much, I like the Marine rouge a lot and I feel like if I get the monogram I wouldn’t be as happy.
Your picture of your speedy 25 emp in aurore didn’t show up, maybe there is a default in the purse form thread? :smile:
How many bags do you have overall that are LV? I like to rotate bags depending on season :smile:
I think you’re right about LV bags you can be more carefree compared to chanel. I can understand your dilemma when you take out your chanel bag and can’t fully enjoy yourself.
Do you have it in lambskin or caviar?
I can see the pic of my Speedy on post #47. My Chanel bags are in caviar only my WOC is chevron. I have around 10 LV bags or more. I used to have more but sold some. I have 4 Speedy bags.

I can see the pic of my Speedy on post #47. My Chanel bags are in caviar only my WOC is chevron. I have around 10 LV bags or more. I used to have more but sold some. I have 4 Speedy bags.

Yes now I’ve seen the picture of your speedy, it’s gorgeous! :smile:
Is caviar an easy to take care of compared to lambskin? :smile:
10 LV bags, I really want to have 10 bags in my LV collection. Currently I have 2 LV bags and I want to add one more (the Pochette Metis) [emoji4]
In what design do you have your 4 speedy bags? My speedy is in the monogram and I love it however the vanchetta can be sometimes a pain to take care of

I have a Speedy b 25 in MR and love it! It’s very versatile and love the pop of red with the glazing. I was going back and forth between this and the PM which I will own someday :-s

She doesn't seem to use the reverse or Empreinte much. I think she's only worn the Empreinte a few times. She's probably one of the few who doesn't really care for the leather version that much and mentioned selling it a few times. (Not for quality purposes, she's more of a canvas gal). I think all of them look nice. I'm happy with my classic mono. I still love the look of the Empreinte version too! I don't really have a close relationship with a particular SA. I agree, it would be very helpful to have sound advice from a good SA. I live a little over an hour from a boutique so if need be, I can drive over and try something on if I want. But, the LV website has been working out for me as well!
Are you still leaning towards the Empreinte in Marine Rouge?

She doesn't seem to use the reverse or Empreinte much. I think she's only worn the Empreinte a few times. She's probably one of the few who doesn't really care for the leather version that much and mentioned selling it a few times. (Not for quality purposes, she's more of a canvas gal). I think all of them look nice. I'm happy with my classic mono. I still love the look of the Empreinte version too! I don't really have a close relationship with a particular SA. I agree, it would be very helpful to have sound advice from a good SA. I live a little over an hour from a boutique so if need be, I can drive over and try something on if I want. But, the LV website has been working out for me as well!
Are you still leaning towards the Empreinte in Marine Rouge?

That’s too bad that she doesn’t use so much the reverse or the empriente, if she was my friend then I would definitely ask if I could borrow it haha (just kidding)
I think that if she’s not using the empriente version a lot then she should maybe sell it, I’m sure she could get someone to purchase it on the pre loved market and then she can buy another LV bag that she will use more often, it’s a shame to have such a beautiful bag and keep it in your closet. I love the look of the classic monogram as well but I can understand you like the empriente version as well :smile:
I don’t either have a close relationship with any SA at LV but I’ve bought my speedy and Neverfull there and I’ve been serviced by different SA but I really do want to have a close relationship to one SA who I can trust :smile:
An hour drive isn’t too bad if you know what you want to try on or purchase but to go and look often at the bags then it’s a bit of a drive.
How has purchasing on the LV website different from purchasing in the store? I’ve heard a lot of people purchase online but then there item comes with a defect that’s why I want to make sure in the shop when I purchase that it doesn’t have any defects or is that me being too paranoid? Haha [emoji23]
The more I read this thread and look at the pictures of me wearing the PM Marine rouge the more I really really want to purchase it. It’s quite an investment for me right now so I don’t know if I will be able to purchase it right away but there is a nagging feeling that they might not have it anymore when I am ready to purchase it. Big Dilemma..

I have a Speedy b 25 in MR and love it! It’s very versatile and love the pop of red with the glazing. I was going back and forth between this and the PM which I will own someday :-s

Your speedy b 25 in MR must be gorgeous, do you wear it everyday and if so what outfits do you pair it with? :smile:
I really like the pop or red with the glazing as well that’s what makes it so unique! I think that buying the speedy in MR was good choice, you went with your heart! If you have your heart set on the PM in MR then buy that in the future or whenever you’re ready :smile:

That’s too bad that she doesn’t use so much the reverse or the empriente, if she was my friend then I would definitely ask if I could borrow it haha (just kidding)
I think that if she’s not using the empriente version a lot then she should maybe sell it, I’m sure she could get someone to purchase it on the pre loved market and then she can buy another LV bag that she will use more often, it’s a shame to have such a beautiful bag and keep it in your closet. I love the look of the classic monogram as well but I can understand you like the empriente version as well :smile:
I don’t either have a close relationship with any SA at LV but I’ve bought my speedy and Neverfull there and I’ve been serviced by different SA but I really do want to have a close relationship to one SA who I can trust :smile:
An hour drive isn’t too bad if you know what you want to try on or purchase but to go and look often at the bags then it’s a bit of a drive.
How has purchasing on the LV website different from purchasing in the store? I’ve heard a lot of people purchase online but then there item comes with a defect that’s why I want to make sure in the shop when I purchase that it doesn’t have any defects or is that me being too paranoid? Haha [emoji23]
The more I read this thread and look at the pictures of me wearing the PM Marine rouge the more I really really want to purchase it. It’s quite an investment for me right now so I don’t know if I will be able to purchase it right away but there is a nagging feeling that they might not have it anymore when I am ready to purchase it. Big Dilemma..
I agree! I would love to wear a lot of her bags! ;) I'm sure she would let me if I asked. Haha.
I usually purchased smaller items like SLGs from the website, but I recently got my first handbag online (Blanche BB) since it was exclusively online (might be available in store soon). I was a little bit worried too about how the quality would be and if there happened to be a flaw. But, it arrived in perfect condition! Big sigh or relief. However, I have always been pretty lucky with CS and online orders as well (plus tax is way cheaper for me)! So if a problem arose I think that I would still have excellent customer service.
I feel ya on the price level. I can't purchase handbags a lot either. SLGs are a little bit easier because of the price range. Currently, I think the PM is very desirable and quite popular. As long as LV continues to make a profit on it, then I believe it should still be in the regular rotation. And I'm pretty sure that all of these colors: Noir, Marine Rouge and Cerise will also be a standard color option too for the most part. The seasonal shades of pink or creme are more limited. So I wouldn't worry just yet. :smile:

Yes now I’ve seen the picture of your speedy, it’s gorgeous! :smile:
Is caviar an easy to take care of compared to lambskin? :smile:
10 LV bags, I really want to have 10 bags in my LV collection. Currently I have 2 LV bags and I want to add one more (the Pochette Metis) [emoji4]
In what design do you have your 4 speedy bags? My speedy is in the monogram and I love it however the vanchetta can be sometimes a pain to take care of
Caviar is very easy to take care of that is why I didn't choose lambskin although I love the fact that it is very shiny. But it is very easy to scratch and damage the corners that is why I chose caviar.
Trust me, you don't need 10 LVs. I was addicted to LV bags for a while and generally bags. I also have 15 Balenciaga bags which I bought for their colors. Again, I don't use all of them, that is why from time to time I sell although I don't need to fund another one.
My four Speedys are the monogram, DE Bandouliere, DA Bandouliere and the Empreinte, all 25. I bought the DE 30 but it was too big for me so I sold it and bought the 25.

Caviar is very easy to take care of that is why I didn't choose lambskin although I love the fact that it is very shiny. But it is very easy to scratch and damage the corners that is why I chose caviar.
Trust me, you don't need 10 LVs. I was addicted to LV bags for a while and generally bags. I also have 15 Balenciaga bags which I bought for their colors. Again, I don't use all of them, that is why from time to time I sell although I don't need to fund another one.
My four Speedys are the monogram, DE Bandouliere, DA Bandouliere and the Empreinte, all 25. I bought the DE 30 but it was too big for me so I sold it and bought the 25.

That’s great that caviar is easy to take care of, I will definitely remember that for the future purchases of designer handbags! I bought last year in Christmas a lady Dior wallet on chain in lambskin and I totally agree with you it’s hard to take care of lambskin the only pro is that it’s shiny and I’ve used it 3-4 times and it already has scratches on it! I told myself that I’m not going to baby that bag because it’s a wallet on chain and it’s bound to have wear and tear if I use it a lot :smile:
Maybe you are right that I don’t need 10 LV bags, I’m just so addicted at the moment because I want to fill the category’s that I can use them in, for example I use my Neverfull for work, speedy 35 B in monogram when I run errands or travel or just want a big bag that’s not too big but not too small and lastly I want the Pochette Metis when I go out in the evening.
About the Balenciaga bags, I haven’t gravitated towards them but 15 bags is amazing! I’m a little shy when it comes to buying bags just for their colors for example I have a really bright red bag from coccinelle and I’m trying to wear it every chance I get this summer but the color is a bit intimidating for me. Can you give me any tips on how to wear colorful bags with different outfits? :smile: I will link the photo below so you can see it :smile:
I think that your method is good, if it’s in your wardrobe for so long and you haven’t used it then why not sell it even if you’re not going to buy something new at least someone will get a bag from the pre-loved market which is in good condition :smile:
Your speedy collection sounds so lovely!
I was battling with getting the speedy 25 in damier ebene or the Pochette Metis and I think I’m going to go with the Pochette Metis because I already have a speedy in my collection but I would love one day to buy it in damier ebene in 25, I think it’s so elegant and you can wear it in the winter and fall with no problem, it’s not such a pain like the monogram vanchetta.
DA speedy also sounds lovely, you should use it in the summer and spring, that’s what I would do :smile:
I’ve seen a couple of pictures of the EM here on the purse forum and I think it’s so unique especially in the Marine rouge [emoji7]