Pochette Metis marine rouge or monogram?

That’s great that caviar is easy to take care of, I will definitely remember that for the future purchases of designer handbags! I bought last year in Christmas a lady Dior wallet on chain in lambskin and I totally agree with you it’s hard to take care of lambskin the only pro is that it’s shiny and I’ve used it 3-4 times and it already has scratches on it! I told myself that I’m not going to baby that bag because it’s a wallet on chain and it’s bound to have wear and tear if I use it a lot :smile:
Maybe you are right that I don’t need 10 LV bags, I’m just so addicted at the moment because I want to fill the category’s that I can use them in, for example I use my Neverfull for work, speedy 35 B in monogram when I run errands or travel or just want a big bag that’s not too big but not too small and lastly I want the Pochette Metis when I go out in the evening.
About the Balenciaga bags, I haven’t gravitated towards them but 15 bags is amazing! I’m a little shy when it comes to buying bags just for their colors for example I have a really bright red bag from coccinelle and I’m trying to wear it every chance I get this summer but the color is a bit intimidating for me. Can you give me any tips on how to wear colorful bags with different outfits? :smile: I will link the photo below so you can see it :smile:
I think that your method is good, if it’s in your wardrobe for so long and you haven’t used it then why not sell it even if you’re not going to buy something new at least someone will get a bag from the pre-loved market which is in good condition :smile:
Your speedy collection sounds so lovely!
I was battling with getting the speedy 25 in damier ebene or the Pochette Metis and I think I’m going to go with the Pochette Metis because I already have a speedy in my collection but I would love one day to buy it in damier ebene in 25, I think it’s so elegant and you can wear it in the winter and fall with no problem, it’s not such a pain like the monogram vanchetta.
DA speedy also sounds lovely, you should use it in the summer and spring, that’s what I would do :smile:
I’ve seen a couple of pictures of the EM here on the purse forum and I think it’s so unique especially in the Marine rouge [emoji7]
I prefer the PM to the Speedy. It is more structured and you can find your stuff more easily. I bought a purse organiser for my Speedys but it is a little bulky I think and it makes my bag heavier. With the PM I never had any issues. I used it when traveling and love it. I put my cellphone in the zipped outside pocket so I wouldn’t have to open all the time and with the flap it is more secure also wearing it crossbody. Before I had it I used to take my Soeedy DE because even if it rained I didn’t care but I had trouble finding things fast in it. Go get your PM Marine/rouge. You will love it.

I wear my red Balenciaga bags with almost everything. Red is a classic color which pops up your outfit. I wear most of my colored bags like that winter or summer because they loght up any outfit which is very trendy too this year.

Generally I love colors. That is why I have so many Bals and also because of their amazing leather and rock style.

Reactions: viewwing
I prefer the PM to the Speedy. It is more structured and you can find your stuff more easily. I bought a purse organiser for my Speedys but it is a little bulky I think and it makes my bag heavier. With the PM I never had any issues. I used it when traveling and love it. I put my cellphone in the zipped outside pocket so I wouldn’t have to open all the time and with the flap it is more secure also wearing it crossbody. Before I had it I used to take my Soeedy DE because even if it rained I didn’t care but I had trouble finding things fast in it. Go get your PM Marine/rouge. You will love it.

I wear my red Balenciaga bags with almost everything. Red is a classic color which pops up your outfit. I wear most of my colored bags like that winter or summer because they loght up any outfit which is very trendy too this year.

Generally I love colors. That is why I have so many Bals and also because of their amazing leather and rock style.

IMG_0144.jpg
This is my red bag it’s from coccinelle, I forgot to put it in my reply to you :smile:

I am also having that problem with my speedy, it’s hard to find things even if I get a purse organizer I still think I will have the same problem but I stick with it, it’s a beautiful bag and I’ve already gotten used to it. I have different pouches for things that divide my essentials so it helps me stay a bit organized when I want to find my stuff but it’s not enough if I’m for example taking the train and I need my train ticket, then I have to open my bag and find it and that can be a pain!
I think you’re right about the Pochette Metis being more organized because of its structure, if I do purchase the Pochette Metis then I don’t know if I could take it as a carry on because I do have a lot of things I like to take which fit in my speedy 35 such as magazines, books, my big headphones, passport and other essentials,what I like about my speedy 35B is the fact that I can wear it crossbody which saves me a lot of time :smile:
What items do you carry in your Pochette Metis when you travel with it? :smile:
The speedy DE is beautiful and its fuss free because of the brown handles and the design overall but I do agree with you on the organization problem so I am definitely going to get the Pochette Metis, I don’t want to have a bag where I need to open it and literally stick my hand in it and can’t find what I need to find in that moment. Literally the moment I tried on the PM in Marine rouge I fell in love, If I go and purchase it right now I know I would use it a lot not only for evening even though I wanted it in the first place as an evening bag but I think I could look casual wearing this bag with a simple outfit :smile:
You’re right, red is a classic color and this year in winter and summer it was very trendy because it elevates your outfit immediately.
Currently the outfits for summer I’m wearing it with is : white shirt, jeans skirt and red sandals and short jeans, platform heels, and a colorful top.
I like the style of the Balenciaga bags, they are very rock and roll style especially the colored ones so I bet you look awesome when you wear them :smile:

View attachment 4102624
This is my red bag it’s from coccinelle, I forgot to put it in my reply to you :smile:

I am also having that problem with my speedy, it’s hard to find things even if I get a purse organizer I still think I will have the same problem but I stick with it, it’s a beautiful bag and I’ve already gotten used to it. I have different pouches for things that divide my essentials so it helps me stay a bit organized when I want to find my stuff but it’s not enough if I’m for example taking the train and I need my train ticket, then I have to open my bag and find it and that can be a pain!
I think you’re right about the Pochette Metis being more organized because of its structure, if I do purchase the Pochette Metis then I don’t know if I could take it as a carry on because I do have a lot of things I like to take which fit in my speedy 35 such as magazines, books, my big headphones, passport and other essentials,what I like about my speedy 35B is the fact that I can wear it crossbody which saves me a lot of time :smile:
The speedy DE is beautiful and its fuss free because of the brown handles and the design overall but I do agree with you on the organization problem so I am definitely going to get the Pochette Metis, I don’t want to have a bag where I need to open it and literally stick my hand in it and can’t find what I need to find in that moment. Literally the moment I tried on the PM in Marine rouge I fell in love, If I go and purchase it right now I know I would use it a lot not only for evening even though I wanted it in the first place as an evening bag but I think I could look casual wearing this bag with a simple outfit :smile:
You’re right, red is a classic color and this year in winter and summer it was very trendy because it elevates your outfit immediately.
Currently the outfits for summer I’m wearing it with is : white shirt, jeans skirt and red sandals and short jeans, platform heels, and a colorful top.
I like the style of the Balenciaga bags, they are very rock and roll style especially the colored ones so I bet you look awesome when you wear them :smile:
Sorry off topic but I’m very distracted by that picture. Why is someone holding a phone to the mans head?

I was at the hairdresser and it’s actually a comb not a phone [emoji336]
Lol! At first glance it looked like a phone! But yeah..I used my mono Pochette Metis so much since I got her a couple of weeks ago,n am still struggling with getting the empreinte version. It’s such a beautiful practical bag. I finally get the hype. I hope u get the marine rouge one, you won’t regret it.

So today I went into the Louis Vuitton store where I live because I wanted to check out the Pochette Metis. I went in there because I wanted to check the Pochette Metis in monogram but sadly they didn’t have it and they said there is no waitlist because they won’t receive it. They did have the Pochette Metis in emprinte Marine rouge, the red one and a light baby pink color. I decided to try on the Marine rogue and it was love at first sight. I immediately forgot about the monogram!
Should I get the Marine rouge or should I wait and try to get my hands on the monogram somewhere else?

Here are a few body shots of me wearing the bag :smile: View attachment 4099504View attachment 4099506

It looks really nice on you! Get it!

View attachment 4102624

Oh your bag is so beautiful. And I love the leather.

What I carry in my PM usually is my Emilie waller, a mini pochette accessoires, my house jeys, my car keys, sunglasses, lipstick, lipbalm, compact powder, a pouch with my earphones, a power bank and cord and I don’t know if I carry something more. My iphone at the back pocket. It takes about yhe same stuff I put in my Speedy 25.

Lol! At first glance it looked like a phone! But yeah..I used my mono Pochette Metis so much since I got her a couple of weeks ago,n am still struggling with getting the empreinte version. It’s such a beautiful practical bag. I finally get the hype. I hope u get the marine rouge one, you won’t regret it.

I didn’t notice it until you told me but that’s super funny :smile:
The PM in monogram is so versatile, you can really wear it everyday so I’m not surprised you’ve used it a lot! I can understand you’re struggling with getting the empriente version, you should only get it if you see yourself using it as much as the monogram :smile:
The empriente leather really is a beautiful and practical bag and that’s why I want to get it, I have my monogram speedy and Neverfull so I feel like I have enough monogram in my collection (unless I want to buy a few SLG in the future) :smile:
I am sure that if I get the Marine rouge I won’t regret it :smile:

Oh your bag is so beautiful. And I love the leather.

What I carry in my PM usually is my Emilie waller, a mini pochette accessoires, my house jeys, my car keys, sunglasses, lipstick, lipbalm, compact powder, a pouch with my earphones, a power bank and cord and I don’t know if I carry something more. My iphone at the back pocket. It takes about yhe same stuff I put in my Speedy 25.

Thank you :smile:
The emilie wallet is so pretty! The SA actually showed it to me with the rose ballerina lining
and you can definitely fit a lot of things in it!
The mini Pochette accessories are so adorable, I could totally imagine putting Coins or mini perfume samples :smile:
That’s great that it can fit so many things just like your speedy 25! I was going back and forth between the Pochette Metis and the speedy 25 but I really want the Pochette Metis, it was basically love at first sight haha [emoji23]

Yes it's will definitely become an addiction!!! It starts with one and just keeps going! :panic: It's smart to be cautious though. I try to research and know exactly what items I want or if it will fit my needs. But it is a luxury buy though, first world problems. Lol. Lately, it's been more convenient for myself buying online. I don't live very close to a boutique and tax is way cheaper for me also. However, it is helpful to see items in person and trying on definitely also helps!
My friend has the Empreinte Artsy in Marine Rouge and it is gorgeous! But, I know she doesn't reach for it a lot since it's a very large bag and she also likes cross body bags too. I use to love totes and hobos. I love cross body bags as well. Lifestyle changes can attribute to that also. But, it's still nice to have a wide range of bags or SLGs in a handbag collection.

Exactly, I couldn’t agree more! :smile:
But you’re right, it’s smart to be cautious especially because of the price. That’s exactly what I’ve been doing when I purchased my Neverfull GM and my speedy 35 B, it’s important to research and think of how it could fit into my lifestyle, my Neverfull GM fits all my notebooks, books, laptop and other essentials but my speedy is a great traveling companion, when I run errands. It is a luxury buy, we both have first world problems with this topic haha :smile:
I don’t live close to a LV shop either, it’s 45 minute drive so it would be more convenient for me as well to buy online! The reason why I don’t buy online is because I need to try on the bag and see it with my own eyes, because what if I buy a bag online and it doesn’t suit me at all? I’m not sure if you can exchange a bag online. The empriente artsy is so pretty, I’m also obsessed with big bags but now I’m going through a crossbody phase because it’s more practical for my lifestyle currently :smile:
I totally agree with you it is nice to have a wide range of handbags and SLGs! I really want to buy the Josephine wallet with the light pink interior inside, I think it will fit my cards and cash :smile:
I also saw the agenda in small size and I really want to buy that to use it everyday, organization isn’t strongest point haha :smile:

Reactions: PurseAddict728
If you really love then go for it! It looks great on you. But marine rogue to me is sort of a trendy/hip look so I feel like you will be more limited with what outfits you can wear with it (this is just based on pictures I've seen, I don't own any pieces in this color combo). If I were to go for empriente I would get noir which would match with everything.

I really do love it, I can see your point of view that the Marine rouge is sort of a trendy hip look and that I will be limited with the outfits I can wear with it. I’ve been thinking about that a lot and if I do decide to go ahead and purchase it I’m just going to wear it with everything, I think it adds quite a sporty and elegant look to any outfit, in the summer I wear a lot of dresses so I would have to think about what dresses I wear but usually in autumn I wear jeans, with t-shirt and different types of sweaters so I think it would look good. I’ve seen pictures of the noir and one time I saw it on a woman when I was abroad and it looks very elegant but I have a lot of black bags in my collection. Looking to branch out and try something new :smile:

Exactly, I couldn’t agree more! :smile:
But you’re right, it’s smart to be cautious especially because of the price. That’s exactly what I’ve been doing when I purchased my Neverfull GM and my speedy 35 B, it’s important to research and think of how it could fit into my lifestyle, my Neverfull GM fits all my notebooks, books, laptop and other essentials but my speedy is a great traveling companion, when I run errands. It is a luxury buy, we both have first world problems with this topic haha :smile:
I don’t live close to a LV shop either, it’s 45 minute drive so it would be more convenient for me as well to buy online! The reason why I don’t buy online is because I need to try on the bag and see it with my own eyes, because what if I buy a bag online and it doesn’t suit me at all? I’m not sure if you can exchange a bag online. The empriente artsy is so pretty, I’m also obsessed with big bags but now I’m going through a crossbody phase because it’s more practical for my lifestyle currently :smile:
I totally agree with you it is nice to have a wide range of handbags and SLGs! I really want to buy the Josephine wallet with the light pink interior inside, I think it will fit my cards and cash :smile:
I also saw the agenda in small size and I really want to buy that to use it everyday, organization isn’t strongest point haha :smile:
You can most definitely return a handbag (excluding personalized items) from the LV website. They put a return voucher in with your receipt. I have only ever had to return 2 items, but just because they didn't work for me. It was a men's key holder and the chain extender (looking back I probably should have kept this item). I packed and shipped the items back the next day. But, back then the return policy was different. It was only 14 days, it's changed to 30 now. I'm not sure if it still works this way, but you had to call CS to get the return code number (to properly process the return). I've never exchanged an online item. It should work the same as a return. I think you can also just call CS if you wanted to exchange (they would most likely have you ship the item back and ship out another item separately). I don't think you can return online orders to a boutique though.
You have mentioned that you loved the Josephine wallet several times now so maybe that could be your next small purchase if you are still undecided about which handbag to get. It's fun getting SLGs too! And much cheaper also! I used to look at agenda's too. But, I'm not sure if I would use it a lot. I mostly use my phone for scheduling events anymore. But, the agendas are very cute items too!

I really do love it, I can see your point of view that the Marine rouge is sort of a trendy hip look and that I will be limited with the outfits I can wear with it. I’ve been thinking about that a lot and if I do decide to go ahead and purchase it I’m just going to wear it with everything, I think it adds quite a sporty and elegant look to any outfit, in the summer I wear a lot of dresses so I would have to think about what dresses I wear but usually in autumn I wear jeans, with t-shirt and different types of sweaters so I think it would look good. I’ve seen pictures of the noir and one time I saw it on a woman when I was abroad and it looks very elegant but I have a lot of black bags in my collection. Looking to branch out and try something new :smile:

Did you end up getting the bag :smile:? Im thinking about getting it too!