Pochette Metis -- Are the problems solved?!

Received my PM a couple weeks ago. I am so afraid of glazing/cracking issues! I noticed some strange bulging on the side and I am worried it will lead to problems later on... I am reluctant to return because I love this bag (MIF too) but I will if the bulging is a big issue.

left_bulge.jpg

pic5.jpg

Received my PM a couple weeks ago. I am so afraid of glazing/cracking issues! I noticed some strange bulging on the side and I am worried it will lead to problems later on... I am reluctant to return because I love this bag (MIF too) but I will if the bulging is a big issue.

View attachment 4771485

View attachment 4771486
I don’t think it is an issue. You probably filled the bag up so top flap is pressure on the back inside panel. The bulging is from the top flap pressure on the top rim of the back panel. Not filling it all the way up can alleviate the issue. Though the bag is meant to be used and it won’t break just because there’s a bulge between the gusset.

I don’t think it is an issue. You probably filled the bag up so top flap is pressure on the back inside panel. The bulging is from the top flap pressure on the top rim of the back panel. Not filling it all the way up can alleviate the issue. Though the bag is meant to be used and it won’t break just because there’s a bulge between the gusset.
I agree. I believe it is an issue of overfilling the bag.

Reactions: TangerineKandy
The bulging happens even when the bag is empty :/ That pic shows the bag with only a wallet and small notepad inside.
How big is your notepad? If it is something that sit all the way up to the rim of the bag, it will cause stress point in the middle of the panel where the bulge formed. Canvas is quite pliable so now the shape has changed that’s why the bulge is there even without stuff inside. I think it will return to previous shape if you just lie the bag now for storage for a while.

How big is your notepad? If it is something that sit all the way up to the rim of the bag, it will cause stress point in the middle of the panel where the bulge formed. Canvas is quite pliable so now the shape has changed that’s why the bulge is there even without stuff inside. I think it will return to previous shape if you just lie the bag now for storage for a while.
The notepad is quite small, around the size of an iPhone 8 Plus. The bulges were already apparent on the bag when I received it, and I only put a notepad inside to help it stand during photos. That is why I am worried - because the bulges existed even when I had nothing in the bag!

The notepad is quite small, around the size of an iPhone 8 Plus. The bulges were already apparent on the bag when I received it, and I only put a notepad inside to help it stand during photos. That is why I am worried - because the bulges existed even when I had nothing in the bag!
I don't think they're anything to worry about.

Mine has bulges too but a little lower. I honestly would worry about it. It’s all depends on the tension points where the two panels meet.

I got my PM May 2019. I noticed cracks in the canvas in March but haven’t been able to take to store and as far as I know, they still aren’t accepting returns. I love the bag but almost despise looking at it now.

Hi there! My PM reverse MIU purchased Feb 2018 has always had some slight structural issues including puckering/ dimple on the bottom, slightly crooked lock which sometimes made the lock randomly pop open during wear, side black leather tab holding the ring for the shoulder strap was stitched crooked/towards the back & that makes the back flip flop backwards when changing from crossbody to shoulder style wear.
I didn’t know any of those things when I purchased the bag. It took a few months to see & understand((

About a month ago I noticed that one of those side tabs has kind of mangled/softer than usual glazing. Also the flap glazing ( on one side only ) has a small area of where canvas separated from glazing. Very neat looking separation but I feel like it’ll be fast downhill from now on. When that started I noticed a minor rotten chemical smell coming from the glazing areas every time I’d get the bag from the dustbag. It’s not huge but it never was there and now that glazing took turn for the worse my bag has a SMELL.

Is it possible to email LV repairs department these photos since my boutique is closed? Did anyone have that smell issue? BTW it gets activated when it’s hot

2523D352-518D-4B52-AD2B-12751E6938FD.jpeg

91A78FEF-86E7-4565-952D-BF51E2FDB85D.jpeg

832C456A-DAC1-4969-BE67-1AE293FC4E5A.jpeg

E6A03D6C-A7A2-4C88-868A-59ACCAFCF33F.jpeg