Please Stop Using Ebay For Cosmetics!

My thing with Strawberry Net is they don't carry everything within a certain line. I wear some of the Sue Devitt Line and they don't carry the pressed powder part of her line. Therefore I have to look elsewhere. But I have to admit I've never purchased cosmetics from Ebay. But I'm costantly looking at Sephora and other cosmetics sites for what I need.

i haven't bought cosmetics through ebay in more than a year. i browse every now and then for hard to find products, though... i've never had a problem with ebay, but you just have to do some research.. compare prices, check seller's feedback, etc. it's not always bad!

Strawberry.net doesn't carry certain products that I'm looking for... I usually order from sasa.com, which is based in HK, and they carry lots of Asian cosmetics. I mainly use Laneige, and they carry many of the products that I use for a reasonable price. Plus free shipping for $75+ orders and they arrive within 6-7 days, which is pretty fast for international shipping.

Sometimes I like the counter experience too... if there's some free gift event or something, i'll stop buy and pick up an item or two just for the free gifts.

The problem with cosmetics/skincare on ebay is that it's usually OLD. These things (especially with SPF) have expiration dates, and one product I got off ebay was indeed expired. Lame. Gave neutral feedback.

If you do your research like with anything else Ebay is great. I've never ahd a problem & have gotten great deals on makeup as well as fragrances. I've sued strawberry.net a couple of times but there isn't a real savings for me I only use it if I can't find a product elsewhere.

Guys, it has been known for counterfeit cosmetics to even pop up. Also a lot of the MAC on there has expired. I bought some MAC parfume on there and it was sealed, but there was hardly any smell.

i am a germ-freak...but have nothing against buying cosmetics from ebay. i've bought very slightly tested products like stila shadow pots without a problem....just disinfect it w/alcohol or an antibacterial or cut the used part off if it totally bugs you.
As always at ebay: you just got to be careful what you buy and from who. Some sellers get some stuff cheap like discontinued items thanks to cosmetic outlets, and then pass the savings to us.

i just got a bottle of Fleur De Teint Guerlain foundation off a Makeupalley member for Free. She even paid the postage! And its completely brand new & sealed. She basically thought it would be better to give it to someone who would have use for it then have it sitting on her cupboard.

Such an angel. I have remained friends with her. Lovely kind souls like her are hard to come by. :smile:

i like buying stuff like eyeliner & eyeshadows on ebay, and maybe if i REALLY have no choice, then even foundation. The rest like lipstick, or foundation, i like the experience of buying from the beauty counter! :smile: Just bought a Chanel Allure lipstick in Emotion! It was a very quick transaction, wish i hung out there longer. lol.

Guys
You need to stop using Ebay for cosmetics... uve only got one face.. dont risk it by buying crap off there... who knows where its been.
Instead im introducing you to my fave website that has all the big brands at a discount.. and FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE.

strawberrynet.com

I buy everything off this site... its fab value for money.
I hope im allowed to post the link...

I have had good experience with Strawberrynet.com! Have used it many times especially for my La Prairie products and everything arrived sealed and brand new! Plus they do offer some better discounts then other places! Sometimes they don't offer enough of the product line but I find that they have a pretty good selection on some brands!

I bought brand new, unopened tubes of Kieh's Centenella Recovery Salve and Dermabrasion for half of what they would have cost me retail. All of the above were the real deal, although they all came in boxes that said "compliments of Kiehl's." The last time I was at Kiehl's, they stopped me and asked if I would do a survey for them, which I did, and they gave me a GIANT bottle of Creme de Corps that said, guess what, "Compliments of Kiehl's" I thought about selling it on eBay, but decided that I needed it more.

Would I buy cosmetics off of eBay again? Probably not, but the Kiehl's stuff was too good to pass up!