Please Stop Using Ebay For Cosmetics!

I bought a bottle of OPI (apparently new and unopened) nail polish from EvilBAY a couple of years ago and it was gluggy and mottled, like someone had half used it then topped it up with another polish. Yuck!! Never again. :wtf:

be careful it might be fake! I dont think mac makes stick foundation...

I think they still do, I just bought one last year over a proper MAC counter. Just checked online and definitely they still do it. The only reason why I bought ebay was the MAC counter is always busy and I don't like waiting. The colour of the foundation looks fine... I guess it's ok.... I hope. How do you know when foundation is over it's due date?

MAC definitely makes stick foundations. If you look at the label on the bottom of the stick, you can see a date code. The last number is the year it was printed A17, for example is batch A in the first month of 2007. Sometimes the code varies if it is an international product or part of a LE line. Foundation lasts for 2 years unused. Once it's been used, it's "fresh" for a year.

My Hubby imports from China sometimes for his business.. NOT cosmetics, Anyway a few weeks ago he was contacted by a china supplier who linked him to a website FULL of fake stuff.. He told me about it and I got on and gave that guy a piece of my mind about producing and selling fakes, but anyway.. You wouldnt believe the fake stuff they had on that site, it was AMAZING.. Cosmetics were on there too.. MAC i believe and a few others, Ill have to ask DH if he remembers the what the site was called. I was floored, So yes, be careful because cosmetics ARE faked!!! I used to buy some La Mer Samples on ebay but not now (La Mer was not on the list) but thats is just 1 of im sure many fakers out there. If he remembers or can find the site Ill like yall to it.. I was really shocked.

Because the sellers on ebay are not all just a bunch of people who are cleaning out their closets or bathrooms. How do you assume that what they're selling is used or fake when there are people in this thread who have had positive experiences and gotten quality products? Everything bought on ebay is not inferior.

thank goodness.

its boggles the mind why anyone would trust ebay for makeup. who knows if that person used that makeup or even if its real

I was recently thinking about this with lipsticks. I've bought a lot of things on eBay but thought I should really be more careful and at least limit my purchases to "new and sealed" items.

I've bought plenty of makeup on EBAY over the past 5 years and I've never had a problem. My Bobbi Brown stick foundation that retails for over $30 I pay only $15. I only buy new and sealed makeup, you have to check feedback just like with anything else.