Please help.

The seller advised me that to prove to me it is authentic she will refund me $500. I paid $685. She doesn't want to take a loss on paypal and ebay fees and also wants to to courier the bag (sent by post). Is this fair to anyone out there that has had this experience?

serialshopper said:
Hi again,
Looking at the pics of the auction, I am sorry to say it is a fake. The paddingtons do NOT have CHLOE made in italy like missbradshaw said.

This bag may be a fake but call it a fake for the right reasons -

My 2006 mousse from Chloe SCP does have made in Italy stamped under the Chloe, and I challenge any of you to call up Chloe and tell them they are selling fakes.

Go grab your paddys ladies and then look at the pictures: True the leather does not look right, and the price is way too low to be real; but, real 2006 Paddington's do have Made in Italy stamped on the inside; and if you want to tell me my Chloe is fake then you can pay Citibank the $1540 the bag cost me.

Attachments

• IMG_0595.JPG
    IMG_0595.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_0592.JPG
    IMG_0592.JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 48
It's fake. Price is too low. What would that be in U.S. dollars? I agree the leather looks off and the rivets too shiny gold.

Also, Loganz is correct. My AW05 tan Paddington is authentic (purchased from Bergdorf) and indeed has Made in Italy stamped under the Chloe.

All of the recent posts about people buying from ebay are making my head spin. More than 95% of the bags sold are fake. There was even one auction where the stupid seller wrote that she had the original receipt from Neiman Marcus to prove authenticity. Right below her auction description she posted questions from buyers and one buyer asked if the bag was truly authentic and the seller answered: "Yes, I have the original receipt from Saks." Despite this OBVIOUS faux paux, there were still bids on the auction. HELLO dumb ass people?!

I just checked my Edith...it says "Made in Italy" under the Chloe stamp inside.

And Verde, if the bag is fake then she has to refund you ALL of the money. If she does a refund via PayPal, it will not charge her a seller's fee, and you should file a complaint with eBay and PayPal if she will not give your money back. She has no idea whether the bag is authentic...if someone else gave it to her.

serialshopper said:
Hi again,
Looking at the pics of the auction, I am sorry to say it is a fake. The paddingtons do NOT have CHLOE made in italy like missbradshaw said.

Authentic Chloe bags do have Chloe and Made in Italy beneath it. This does not make it fake. Every bag is required to have a country of origin. And this is where it appears on the Paddington bag.

I am still unsure of its authenticity. The gift thing and the low feedback and no guarantee or return policy for authenticity - not really good signs.

edited to say - SORRY - My Bad, I must have been several post behind - duh

^^^ That's ok. We all go by what we have. Either, I totally agree with Loganz and other people who said that the leather looks all off. Too shiny, not the right texture. I think it's a fake too. The price is just the icing on the cake.

Loganz said:
This bag may be a fake but call it a fake for the right reasons -

My 2006 mousse from Chloe SCP does have made in Italy stamped under the Chloe, and I challenge any of you to call up Chloe and tell them they are selling fakes.

Go grab your paddys ladies and then look at the pictures: True the leather does not look right, and the price is way too low to be real; but, real 2006 Paddington's do have Made in Italy stamped on the inside; and if you want to tell me my Chloe is fake then you can pay Citibank the $1540 the bag cost me.

From those two photos alone, I would happily stake my life on your Paddy being authentic, Loganz! :biggrin:

chloehandbags said:
From those two photos alone, I would happily stake my life on your Paddy being authentic, Loganz! :biggrin:

LOL - :biggrin:

Yes, I was not flying out to egg the Chloe store, "yet"...:amuse:

I just wanted to make a point that although the bag in question is probably not real, we should be very careful when identifying the "marks of a fake".

verde said:
The seller advised me that to prove to me it is authentic she will refund me $500. I paid $685. She doesn't want to take a loss on paypal and ebay fees and also wants to to courier the bag (sent by post). Is this fair to anyone out there that has had this experience?

Sorry, maybe I'm being dense, but doesn't that mean just the opposite? That it is fake and you overpaid by at least that much and she knows it!!! :evil:

No, this is not fair!!!

Loganz said:
LOL - :biggrin:

Yes, I was not flying out to egg the Chloe store, "yet"...:amuse:

I just wanted to make a point that although the bag in question is probably not real, we should be very careful when identifying the "marks of a fake".

Agreed; especially when there is hideous, plasticky, dog-business-yellow coloured leather to judge it on, anyway! :sick:

chloehandbags said:
Sorry, maybe I'm being dense, but doesn't that mean just the opposite? That it is fake and you overpaid by at least that much and she knows it!!! :evil:

No, this is not fair!!!

^^^ Ditto! 10000% That's insult to injury imo. That's like saying, if you didn't realize it was fake, I had no issues ripping you off. Get your money back, file a complaint.