PLEASE HELP! Wife is driving me crazy wanting this bag!

This is a great forum. As I read through the posts (that a few, by the way, felt like I was the only man at a Ladies Luncheon!) I see not only the knowledge of this coveted design house, but you all SPECIFICALLY know WHO ELSE will know the answer about something. Very impressive indeed, ladies. Now....am I to understand a special ordered bag takes TWO years? Well then, I guess this Christmas is out the window for this specific bag. Though LILACH, you said that this ROUGE H is a brick red in ostrich? I am not sure that is what she had in mind, as she has this color in a bag, and it is more like a burgundy red. Will somehow have to check on this. Looking at the list of what is "currently available", any recommendations? The colors she now has in Hermes bags are white, black, brown (2), orange(2), purple, red, blue and tan. (As far as I can remember. I do not venture into her closet. Ever. So who knows what may be hiding in there.) Again, thanks to all....there is no one else to ask about this. Actually, I have a friend overseas whose wife is also a very big Hermes collector. But if I were to try to engage her in this quest, my friend would then think me THE ENEMY!

You are so cute! What a good hubby indeed.
I definitely think your best bet is to contact a Hermes sales associate with whom your wife and/or you have worked in the past, and explain that you are looking for an ostrich Birkin in a deep red and you would like it for Christmas if possible. They may tell you "sorry dude, no way", or you may get lucky.
Of course the other possible course of action is to seek out a bag on eBay from the forum's trusted sellers list, but be REALLY careful to check that list twice, and be prepared to pay quite a premium for the bag, if you can find one! There's only one reputable, large seller I can think of who is not on there at the moment, and that's just because several members here have had some less than positive experiences with her--not because of authenticity.

Though LILACH, you said that this ROUGE H is a brick red in ostrich? I am not sure that is what she had in mind, as she has this color in a bag, and it is more like a burgundy red.

yes it is a rusty red. the thing is every color varies on each skin and rouge H even varies from year to year. it is how the particular skin reacts tot he dye. this is the reason why some like a color only in some leathers. so if she want a true burgundy i am afraid there is no color in ostrich that will match the only reds are the mentioned rouge vif (cherry red) and rouge H (but that is also very rare and as i said i am not sure if it is in production right now)

ah wait here is a swatch of rouge h ostrich

Attachments

• rouge h ostrich.jpg
    rouge h ostrich.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 45
rouge H was availaible in ostrich do not know if it is available at the moment BUT make sure it really is what she wants in ostrich as rouge h is really different in ostrich (more rusty red ) then in all the other leathers
Great point,Lilach...
I really do not care for Rouge H in ostrich. It does not even look like Rouge H.
To me ostrich looks best in lighter colors, neutrals, and the bright colors.
I would think Rouge Vif would be very nice, but I have never seen it in person.

i saw a red ostrich birkin on the shelf in NYC but it was 30cm and it's long gone now. but, you can find them. it is made. best bet is to go in and tell them your dilemma. good luck!

oh and this red ostrich birkin did not *pop* in color...it was very muted. and it was even vermillion which is lipstick red...it was very understated. i like ostrich better in other colors. but if that's what she wants then i hope you find one! :smile:

^ NO! it's the other way around! Emu's are VIOLENT, horrid creatures! LOL!

And ugly....You can't even use their drab feathers for anything....or use their skin for bags.....what a waste!! LOL!

AND they're very stupid. We have one on our Coat Of Arms - can you believe it?

colors she now has in Hermes bags are white, black, brown (2), orange(2), purple, red, blue and tan. (As far as I can remember. I do not venture into her closet. Ever. So who knows what may be hiding in there.) Again, thanks to all....there is no one else to ask about this. Actually, I have a friend overseas whose wife is also a very big Hermes collector. But if I were to try to engage her in this quest, my friend would then think me THE ENEMY!

DAMN!! This isn't my DH! But so close....just no blue!:lol::lol::lol:
`

This is a great forum. As I read through the posts (that a few, by the way, felt like I was the only man at a Ladies Luncheon!) I see not only the knowledge of this coveted design house, but you all SPECIFICALLY know WHO ELSE will know the answer about something. Very impressive indeed, ladies.

Awww...we're one big, happy family!

4wife, is it possible to ask your store if they have any accessories in rouge h or rouge vif ostrich?? Maybe you could see the color in an agenda or wallet, and they you would know if it is what your wife is interested in? Or buy the small leather item and see if she likes it (he he he)???

It could be a jumping off point for your conversation with her about the specific bag color she is interested in.....