Please help- which reissue should i get?

345parkave said:
Hikarupanda, thanks for your input. I actually drew a bag on the paper in the size 227 and "tried" it on, it did look huge on me still. Am I going insane? :roflmfao:

Oh NO, I did EXACTLY the same thing. Last summer I was on the list for a 225 and a 226, that was July, the bags won't come in tell Sept, so I got the dimension from my SA, then cut out paper and try them in front of the mirror!!!! But I picked 226 at the end coz I cannot even close the 225 after putting my fat wallet in (since the double flap does take up some spaces so it actually hold less than it appears!). I love my 226 since I am a size 4, and only 5'1" tall. I also tried on the 227 but even the SA goes "No No! This is out of proportion!" But that day I was wearing flat. Maybe if I was wearing heels I would look better with 227.

345parkave I love the 228 on you!! I'd love to find a gray 228. I have the 226 in gray and I love it, but would have preferred the 228. I also have the black 227 and it fits me better too. Im 5'9" so I love BIG BAGS!!!

Thanks for the pic!

Oh and I'd go with the 227 in gray if you can still locate one. I saw one at Saks NY the other day. It was gorgeous. I saw an off white reissue a week or so ago and it was pretty but the color seems like it might get dirty or get transfer marks. I'd only do light colors like that in caviar.:flowers:

Luccibag said:
Oh and I'd go with the 227 in gray if you can still locate one. I saw one at Saks NY the other day. It was gorgeous. I saw an off white reissue a week or so ago and it was pretty but the color seems like it might get dirty or get transfer marks. I'd only do light colors like that in caviar.:flowers:

Hi Luccibag, are you a model? :graucho: I agree with you on the white bags, I will totally freak out if it gets dirty.. I have decided to keep on searching for the grey reissue 225 or 226 WITH the stamp. sigh~ I wish I could be a little less picky.:sad:

hikarupanda said:
But I picked 226 at the end coz I cannot even close the 225 after putting my fat wallet in (since the double flap does take up some spaces so it actually hold less than it appears!).

From this post, I gather I must have bought the 225... I can't fit my wallet in it either, so when I'm using it, I just take out the money and put it in the front compartment!

almudena said:
From this post, I gather I must have bought the 225... I can't fit my wallet in it either, so when I'm using it, I just take out the money and put it in the front compartment!

If you got the bag from Chanel boutique then you must have gotten the 225 because the boutique was not selling 226 last fall, they only got 225, 227 and 228 in. I got my 226 from NM.

I have bought the 2006 reissue, and now that I think about it, the SA mentioned something like "Chanel made the new small size a bit larger than the original". I didn't pay much attention then to ask what exactly he meant, whether he meant from the 1955 original, or the reissue "original" (2005). Any ideas?

almudena said:
I have bought the 2006 reissue, and now that I think about it, the SA mentioned something like "Chanel made the new small size a bit larger than the original". I didn't pay much attention then to ask what exactly he meant, whether he meant from the 1955 original, or the reissue "original" (2005). Any ideas?

Well, how much did you pay? the 226 (even the new 2006 release in bronze and other new colors) is still retail for $1995. If your bag is $1995, then it's the 226.