Please help- which reissue should i get?

I hope it's ok that I posted this... Mods please feel free to delete it if I'm crossing a line... But I know a member has a black 227 on ebay for sale. It's brand new and it's the real deal.

The grey is nice, but I love the bag in black--but that's just my opinion.

I love grey and I say go for the grey, though I am 5'1" and the 227 looks huge on me IMO, but between 227 grey and 226 off white, I'd pick grey coz I love the grey color, so unique and versatile! The off-white, I am just too scared to deal with it, I will so worry about getting it dirty that I would end up not use it!

I love the 226 size but I would prefer if it was black or grey. I'm very scared of the white and off-white bags because they get dirty so easily.
I don't really like the 227, I think it is huge, except if the person carrying is really tall

My experience with the reissue tells me that you cannot be sure on size until you actually TRY the bag on.

I'm 5,7 and went in the Chanel boutique already decided that I wanted the medium size. When I tried it on, it was fine. As I was looking myself in the mirror, the SA suggested I tried another size on. I started with the small size and WOW! It was much much better on me than the medium. I tried the large one on, and while this was fine too, I couldn't think of me using it much somehow. The reissue is a bag I would most definitely NOT carry at work. Although I work in an environment with a strict professional dress code (upper Government work) I just couldn't see myself with this bag in the office on a daily basis, it somehow looked "too heavy". So, the large one was ruled out.
Although it was the medium I wanted, I had eyes too, and the spectacle of me carrying the medium vs. me carrying the small was... no comparison really! All the salespeople in the Chanel boutique agreed.

I bought the small in the end, and I absolutely LOVE it! And although it doesn't fit many things (only the strictly essentials - money, keys, mobile, makeup, lipstick, card holder) it goes with anything, from a super leisure walk with gym clothes worn as a messenger bag, to a super dressed up night outfit.

Do TRY the bag on before you buy! You might be surprised!

(The Chanel boutique I bought mine from had only 3 sizes: small, medium, large - therefore I don't know the sizes in 225, 226, etc terms, sorry)

345parkave said:
I ordered from NM, haven't arrived yet... SA told me it is the last one..they always say the same thing. :blink:

Congratulations. I do have an SA at Chanel checking for me everyday, so hopefully I will be able to get an off white one in 226. I have the off white wallet and I LOVE it.:love: The color is perfect.

almudena said:
My experience with the reissue tells me that you cannot be sure on size until you actually TRY the bag on.

I'm 5,7 and went in the Chanel boutique already decided that I wanted the medium size. When I tried it on, it was fine. As I was looking myself in the mirror, the SA suggested I tried another size on. I started with the small size and WOW! It was much much better on me than the medium. I tried the large one on, and while this was fine too, I couldn't think of me using it much somehow. The reissue is a bag I would most definitely NOT carry at work. Although I work in an environment with a strict professional dress code (upper Government work) I just couldn't see myself with this bag in the office on a daily basis, it somehow looked "too heavy". So, the large one was ruled out.
Although it was the medium I wanted, I had eyes too, and the spectacle of me carrying the medium vs. me carrying the small was... no comparison really! All the salespeople in the Chanel boutique agreed.

I bought the small in the end, and I absolutely LOVE it! And although it doesn't fit many things (only the strictly essentials - money, keys, mobile, makeup, lipstick, card holder) it goes with anything, from a super leisure walk with gym clothes worn as a messenger bag, to a super dressed up night outfit.

Do TRY the bag on before you buy! You might be surprised!

(The Chanel boutique I bought mine from had only 3 sizes: small, medium, large - therefore I don't know the sizes in 225, 226, etc terms, sorry)

Hi Almudena, Thanks so much for your reply.. I really appreciate it. I think you will look great no matter which size you pick since you are pretty tall.:yes:

The 226 is 9.5 inch long, the 227 is 12 inch, the 228 is 14 inch.. not sure about the 225, maybe 7.5 inch?? which one did you pick?

I think the size that works best with you has a lot to do with your body shape in addition to height. I'm 5'4" and a size 14--the medium looked ridiculous on me. It just was "too" small. But the large was perfect. It was a nice way to balance my butt :P

I agree with the previous post that it really helps to try the bag on. Good luck!

wickedassin said:
I think the size that works best with you has a lot to do with your body shape in addition to height. I'm 5'4" and a size 14--the medium looked ridiculous on me. It just was "too" small. But the large was perfect. It was a nice way to balance my butt :P

I agree with the previous post that it really helps to try the bag on. Good luck!

Hi Wicked, LOL, it's great you found THE ONE. I wish I could find the magic store that carries all the sizes, but unfortunately, it's always "either this or nothing". :sad: I have decided to return the 228 and keep on searching for the perfect 225/226. After reading all the threads on here, I am completely, unconditionally , in love with CHANEL grey reissue now. :love:

hikarupanda said:
I love grey and I say go for the grey, though I am 5'1" and the 227 looks huge on me IMO, but between 227 grey and 226 off white, I'd pick grey coz I love the grey color, so unique and versatile! The off-white, I am just too scared to deal with it, I will so worry about getting it dirty that I would end up not use it!

Hikarupanda, thanks for your input. I actually drew a bag on the paper in the size 227 and "tried" it on, it did look huge on me still. Am I going insane? :roflmfao:

miss-lilly said:
I love the 226 size but I would prefer if it was black or grey. I'm very scared of the white and off-white bags because they get dirty so easily.
I don't really like the 227, I think it is huge, except if the person carrying is really tall

Hey Miss=lily, I love the 226 size too, my SA told me maybe she could locate a 225, I will keep you guys updated.

Good luck ParkAve. Like I said, I have an off white wallet and I don't think it will be difficult to maintain. I'm really hoping to find an off white 226 some day soon *sigh*.:love: