Please help, UPS lost my Chanel bag

just yesterday I was in my friends car and we noticed a truck driver driving with the door open in the back..

before we could warn him cos we were seeing it from behind we hit a curve and one of the packages fell out..

we finally caught up to him at the light stop and told him. he had an expression that made me think f---I can't believe that happened but same time oh well by the time I backtrack it will be long gone or crushed beyond means.

just saying

Dang... I totally went into the wrong field!
After reading this and hearing more of the OP's story, I no longer suspect the UPS driver.
I personally don't use UPS to mail items out because I don't like how they just leave my packages on my apartment building's front steps when my package was sent with signature confirmation. I'm worried that if they do it to me that they'll do it with my out-going packages as well.

OP: You are not an idiot, you are just very trusting. The girl at UPS probably didn't know that you need to purchase extra insurance for anything over $100 until now or there was some sort of language issue going on. It seems like you tried to be diligent with how you sent it back, but it didn't really work out.

I wonder what happens to all the lost packages UPS has... do they continue to float around the UPS facilities or do they hold onto them in a room someplace???

I just think that the agent was either very negligent in not asking or took

advantage of the OP because she didn't know to ask for enough

insurance to cover this bag... if there was a language barrier, the

OP is surely paying a price for that...

Doesn't UPS have experienced people behind the counter... they charge

for every little thing... certainly they must be making $$$ on insurance!!

This was a very costly oversight for the OP... she is just so stressed

over this.... and thoroughly disappointed that UPS isn't taking more

ofan interest in locating this package...

Sadly speaking, you were shipping a very expensive... did it not occur

to you to ask exactly what the amount of insurance was included for

this package.. When you asked for insuance, what was the amount

you asked for??? Or did you just say, is this package going to be

insured???

It is really your responsibility to have known exactly what to ask for..

again you were very trusting & just assumed... this is a very costly

lesson & if your item is lost, you will only get what it is insured for

which is $100..

And from the sound of everything, is this your first time shipping a package???
Yes, very first time . :sad:

I just think that the agent was either very negligent in not asking or took

advantage of the OP because she didn't know to ask for enough

insurance to cover this bag... if there was a language barrier, the

OP is surely paying a price for that...

Doesn't UPS have experienced people behind the counter... they charge

for every little thing... certainly they must be making $$$ on insurance!!

This was a very costly oversight for the OP... she is just so stressed

over this.... and thoroughly disappointed that UPS isn't taking more

ofan interest in locating this package...

While it has been a very long time since I worked retail, I do remember that in situations where I felt the customer couldn't or wouldn't understand what I was saying, I would often try to rush them through because it's just an uncomfortable situation. Language barriers are a weird situation where you don't know if you're being understood or not and often you yourself can't understand what's being said.

it depends on the severity of the accent or the fluency of the speaker, of course, but I strongly suspect from the typing, grammar, and language used by the OP that there was a fairly large language barrier and there may have just been miscommunications happening. This may also be ongoing through the investigation if the person she was dealing with was not able to understand her. I know when I dealt with customers, language barriers often got worse when the customer was angry, anxious, agitated, etc. Accents tend to be thicker and we tend to use idioms and references that make sense in our native language but may not make sense to someone whose first language is English.

^That is so... but if the agent/client is in a difficult situation with a language barrier

this UPS agent should have taken her time & I would think that this is not the

first person who came into a UPS stosre that spoke a foreign language or

had difficulty communicating..and if that is the case, why not call a co-worker

to help you out if you are in a communication issue...this is a very high price

the OP is going to pay for having someone at UPS that didn't quite understand

what her needs were and just may have rushed her through...

^That is so... but if the agent/client is in a difficult situation with a language barrier

this UPS agent should have taken her time & I would think that this is not the

first person who came into a UPS stosre that spoke a foreign language or

had difficulty communicating..and if that is the case, why not call a co-worker

to help you out if you are in a communication issue...this is a very high price

the OP is going to pay for having someone at UPS that didn't quite understand

what her needs were and just may have rushed her through...

oh no guys , she understood my very clearly , I don't have accents when I speaking .. .. I really don't know why she didn't offers me to delcare value of package when I told her I can't lose this package 3 times . Or offers me I needs to purchase a full insurance on this bag, when I asked her, how about the insurance , she told me its all included , not mentioned its only insure up to 100 dollars .and she said its gurantee service !

And now she's denied everything now, Beacuse she knows she made a big mistake.. And apparently the owner is stand her back . And Clarify my employee will always ask customers if they need extra insurance . So right !!!!

This is a first time For me to shipped out Anthing, I guess I have learned a very expensive lessons over this .

Going to file a police claim today , wish me luck
Owners said he's a very small business man, can't affords to paid me 5000 dollars , I'm sry , who can afford to lose a 5000 package ?
I'm mad cuz of his whole attitude toward this situation, I have not seem him putting more effort into it . . Whole ups coworker they acted very casual about losing my package . .. ..

Just go & file your police report... the owner of the UPS is not interested at this

time about YOU... he's interested in himself & probably trying to intimidate

you as well... just do what you have to do...and be very persistent...

^^^Yep. Just do what you need to do.

But what I don't get is, why does he say HE can't afford it? Say the OP fully insured the package, it would just be a claim through UPS and whatever insurance/fund they use for these circumstances and not out of his pocket right? Unless maybe UPS deducts something from the individual owner if they find they're at fault?

^^^Yep. Just do what you need to do.

But what I don't get is, why does he say HE can't afford it? Say the OP fully insured the package, it would just be a claim through UPS and whatever insurance/fund they use for these circumstances and not out of his pocket right? Unless maybe UPS deducts something from the individual owner if they find they're at fault?

She didn't fully insure it, so now any reimbursement is going to come from the shop owner's pocket or his insurance policy if it covers such things (I doubt it does).

UPS has no liability to reimburse for a package value when no insurance was purchased.

I had a package lost (temporarily), basically after it was out for delivery it never updated within the system... long story short, the UPS delivery person was there too early to hand deliver to store (because it wasn't open), so it was dropped off at the location where the mall opens early. The package was at the mall office waiting for the store personnel to come pick it up at a location inside the mall. Since OP mention the package was going to Chanel Orlando I believe that would be The Mall at Millenia so it may be worth it to phone call the mall office ask where does the UPS driver leave packages early AM and then to pressure the store people to pick up wherever they are supposed to pick up next day deliveries.... am sure this has happened to them before.
HTH

She didn't fully insure it, so now any reimbursement is going to come from the shop owner's pocket or his insurance policy if it covers such things (I doubt it does).

UPS has no liability to reimburse for a package value when no insurance was purchased.

I know that she won't get reimbursed more than the insurance.

What I'm saying is why is HE saying HE can't afford it. It should come from insurance or whatever. IF it was fully insured.

If this is in FL he is required to have insurance against losses (theft,fire,hurricane,flood, vandalism,etc.) however tracking does show the item left the store and was out for delivery in Orlando. Honestly OP does not have a good case against the owner.

OP- do you have homeowner's or renter's insurance? If you have no luck with UPS and a police report (which I think you should try first), you could try filing a lost/stolen personal property claim under your own insurance policy. There's likely a deductible, but it's probably a lot less than $5000.