Please help me pick a color

Which color City should I get?

• ink

• cornflower blue (bluet)

• light pink

Results are only viewable after voting.
cantfindmypurse said:
I am in the process of trying to decide the exact same thing! But I am adding Caramel (or camel...on that swatch site) to the mix. I talked with the NY Balenciaga store this afternoon. They have plenty of the ink, the pink and the cornflower. The caramel has not yet arrived. The one warning the guy gave me about the pink is...if you wear jeans a lot, the jeans will rub off onto the pink leather. He said the pink was particularly porous.

I'm intrigued by the Caramel as I think it's a great year 'round color. But, so is the ink! So, I'm torn!!! I'm interested in the responses you get...but can I jump in and toss Caramel into the color mix...or should I start a new thread?

Love the caramel too. In fact, that was my choice ahead of the pink, but then I saw more pictures of it and realized that it had more distressing than I think I like. Whereas with the ink, I actually like the effect of distressing on the texture of the leather.

What does everyone else think about the Caramel for cantfindmypurse?

Jag, out of the three choices I'd get the cornflower. It is a shade of blue that can be used in all four seasons. The ink is more of a winter color and the light pink is more of a summer color. For your first bag why not get a color that you can use all year long? (I have a cornflower City and I love it.)
Cantfindmypurse, I think the caramel is a fabulous choice. I'm not so in love with ink. I guess I'm the odd man out when it comes to the ink. I don't think it's one of their better colors.

I had the same thought as Kat. First I wanted the pink until I heard what the salesguy told me. Then I immediately went to the cornflower. The ink DOES feel more like a winter color. That's how I ended up considering the Caramel. Does the cornflower have the same porous "issue" the pink has?

cantfindmypurse said:
I had the same thought as Kat. First I wanted the pink until I heard what the salesguy told me. Then I immediately went to the cornflower. The ink DOES feel more like a winter color. That's how I ended up considering the Caramel. Does the cornflower have the same porous "issue" the pink has?
I'm not sure I understand what the SA means by the pale pink being more porous than the other colors. It's all the same leather. If you're careful with your bags you should get the color you like. These bags are costly and you should not have to pick your second choice of color. I have a Twiggy in white too. I'm not going to let the "getting it dirty" issue bother me to the point where I get talked out of getting it. That's just my two cents.:P

To answer your question about the cornflower .... sorry I got off track ... I use my cornflower City bag all the time and I haven't had any problems with it as far as it getting dirty easily. It still looks like new. In fact it looks better than new. The leather gets better with wear.

jag said:
This is not getting any easier :cry: I want both the cornflower and the ink!~ I just don't know how I can pick just one! UGH! :love::love::love:
Oh, I KNOW!! It's getting harder and harder! I wanna be like some of you who have multiple bags!!

Well, the SA told me they have heard complaints about denim rubbing on the pink leather and discoloring it. He seemed like he knew what he was talking about...but you all...I'd have more confidence in hearing what someone who has one says!!

I want all 4 of these colors!!

^^^Seriously, I may be forced to play the lotto so may DH can't complain when I come home with a b-bag in every color!

Ahhh... a girl can dream can't she!:love:

aaahh the dillemma.. i'm also considering getting my first bbag and torn between ink cornflower and camel... though i saw the camel one listed on ebay by roz and the leather looks waaaaayy too marbly, don't like it so much (ashamed cos i was really eyeing that color and it's soo neutral!). I really hope its just that one bag cause I heard theres many variations to the leather, but I haven't seen any other pictures so for now I'm down to ink and cornflower (at least for now)..... They're all sooooo pretty....
:shame::love::love: I have a feeling I'll end up thinking about the color too long and miss my chance on getting one :cry:

I thought the same thing about the camel. So I ended up ordering the ink from NM, but it could take a while to get. In the meantime, I am trying to resist the urge of buying the cornflower too. They are both such amazing colors- you can't go wrong!

jag said:
I thought the same thing about the camel. So I ended up ordering the ink from NM, but it could take a while to get. In the meantime, I am trying to resist the urge of buying the cornflower too. They are both such amazing colors- you can't go wrong!

So glad to hear that you ordered the ink, jag. I hope you love it!

Okay...now maybe I'm backing off the Caramel (or camel, as I've also seen it reffered to...but the SA says Caramel). He did say it was more marbled than any of the others. He also said the ink was a bit marbled, but didn't show it as much because of the color. The cornflower and pink are great...not sure I can handle them yearound. That's what I was hoping to accomplish with the Caramel. Are they any cheaper at NM than through Balenciaga-NY? They've got plenty of the ink in stock now in NY.

No, the city is $1195 both places. The only difference is the return policy. At NM you can return, no problem. At balenciaga, you get a store credit. My only hesitation about the cornflower was that I too was not sure if I would get enough use out of it in the fall/winter here in Michigan. ANd for my 1st b-bag, I know I won't want to put it down.

Thank you to all the ladies you voted and rang in to help me make my selection! I really appreciate all of your wonderful advice and support! You are the best!

Thanks angstofgumby- I know I will love it- I just can't wait for it to come into NM!!!