Identify This LV

Right. Even though Besace means hobo as a noun, LV has actually used Besace as a formal bag name, so I still wonder why they needlessly complicate the ad copy.

To keep us on our toes or make us crazy, take your pick. [emoji12]

But like I said before it is a little odd that the SKU says one thing and the receipt says another. Maybe they don't even know what it's called!

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum

Last edited:
Nice bag. Can’t help identify it but I was wondering about the pre-owned bags at Dillard’s also. Anyone have any experience with them? I did hear they were pricey.

Overpriced for sure. Even Fashionphile has better prices. lol. I also think Dillard's items are final sale. You'd do better buying from Yoogis, FP or Couture USA. Apparently Burlington (no longer Coat Factory) also has used LV.

I wonder how LV feels about this. They are used, but then it's so odd to me for a department store to sell used items. Most of the other resellers are predominately online.

Reactions: Anita Rigsbee
I am in love! This is only my second LV, so I've only visited the stores a few times therefore I'm only familiar with the Marignan from the photos.
With that said, first glance I would say they are very similar but I feel like the Blanche curved lines make it feel a little more dressier.
Removable strap, comparing the two purses I think I would prefer the Blanche.

Reactions: PurseAddict728
Have you worn the bag? How do you like it? I tried on the marine rouge....It sort of reminded me of the marignan...

OK started writing this post went to edit then took to long... trying again

I am in love! My husband picked it out so I was a little hesitant at first. (Would it successfully meet all my needs in a purse?). However after looking it over I knew he had done a great job. I do have to admit that I do tend to gravitate to purses with more compartments but a small makeup bag will fix that dilemma. It has plenty of room for my every day items, is comfortable and so far goes with everything I wear, (I have only had it for two days, lol).

This is only my second LV, so I've only visited the stores a few times therefore I'm only familiar with the Marignan from the photos.
With that said, first glance I would say they are very similar but I feel like the Blanche curved lines and Empreinte leather make it feel a little dressier.

Removable adjustable strap: comparing the two purses the Marignan strap looks thinner than the Blanche. I'm thinking the thicker strap would be more comfortable. I also like the placement of the removable strap. The Marignan's strap hooks seem to be placed at the top of purse flap while the Blanche straps are on the ends. This may make a difference when wearing the purse Crossbody. I never wear crossbody so I don't have an opinion.

Removable Strap measures 41" -
45" end to end, including hardware/clips.

Top strap:
Blanche strap seems to be thicker than the Marignan. What's also nice about the top strap is that it can rest on your shoulder as well as the crook of your arm. Measurements of the top strap are 10 1/2" from loop to loop, 7" from top of purse to top of the strap. Thickest part of strap is about 1 1/4".

Clasp:
So happy with the clasp on the Blanche, it's not magnetic, which is great no worries about it tipping over and having items topple out. Clasp buttons into place securing the flap, opening is easy the push of a button on the underside of the latch.

Lining:
Part of the purse I would change. Unlike my Montiagnes lining, which feels thick substantial the Blanch lining is thin and light tan. Have to be very careful with what is put inside it or will end up with stains.

Only other disappointment would be the bottom of the purse. I don't know the technical term but but it hasn't any "metal feet things". Hopefully this won't be a problem and leather on the bottom won't have an issue. Just have to make sure I always carry a purse hook, which shouldn't be a problem, I carry one around already to avoid scratching the "metal feet things", and to avoid ger my floors. Recommendation to anyone who buys the purse would be to get a purse hook to avoid scraping the leather on the bottom.
Hope this helps you out. Let me know if you have any other questions. [emoji3]

Reactions: PurseAddict728
OK started writing this post went to edit then took to long... trying again

I am in love! My husband picked it out so I was a little hesitant at first. (Would it successfully meet all my needs in a purse?). However after looking it over I knew he had done a great job. I do have to admit that I do tend to gravitate to purses with more compartments but a small makeup bag will fix that dilemma. It has plenty of room for my every day items, is comfortable and so far goes with everything I wear, (I have only had it for two days, lol).

This is only my second LV, so I've only visited the stores a few times therefore I'm only familiar with the Marignan from the photos.
With that said, first glance I would say they are very similar but I feel like the Blanche curved lines and Empreinte leather make it feel a little dressier.

Removable adjustable strap: comparing the two purses the Marignan strap looks thinner than the Blanche. I'm thinking the thicker strap would be more comfortable. I also like the placement of the removable strap. The Marignan's strap hooks seem to be placed at the top of purse flap while the Blanche straps are on the ends. This may make a difference when wearing the purse Crossbody. I never wear crossbody so I don't have an opinion.

Removable Strap measures 41" -
45" end to end, including hardware/clips.

Top strap:
Blanche strap seems to be thicker than the Marignan. What's also nice about the top strap is that it can rest on your shoulder as well as the crook of your arm. Measurements of the top strap are 10 1/2" from loop to loop, 7" from top of purse to top of the strap. Thickest part of strap is about 1 1/4".

Clasp:
So happy with the clasp on the Blanche, it's not magnetic, which is great no worries about it tipping over and having items topple out. Clasp buttons into place securing the flap, opening is easy the push of a button on the underside of the latch.

Lining:
Part of the purse I would change. Unlike my Montiagnes lining, which feels thick substantial the Blanch lining is thin and light tan. Have to be very careful with what is put inside it or will end up with stains.

Only other disappointment would be the bottom of the purse. I don't know the technical term but but it hasn't any "metal feet things". Hopefully this won't be a problem and leather on the bottom won't have an issue. Just have to make sure I always carry a purse hook, which shouldn't be a problem, I carry one around already to avoid scratching the "metal feet things", and to avoid ger my floors. Recommendation to anyone who buys the purse would be to get a purse hook to avoid scraping the leather on the bottom.
Hope this helps you out. Let me know if you have any other questions. [emoji3]

Thank you for the wonderful description!!! I sold the majority of my empreinte pieces but still have my speedy and the bottom is pretty durable..your husband has wonderful taste!!!

Thank you for the wonderful description!!! I sold the majority of my empreinte pieces but still have my speedy and the bottom is pretty durable..your husband has wonderful taste!!!

Thanks for letting me know about your speedy I have been concerned about the purse bottom. Yes I must admit my Husband has a great eye for fashion. Thank goodness, without him I would be walking around looking like a hot mess!

Overpriced for sure. Even Fashionphile has better prices. lol. I also think Dillard's items are final sale. You'd do better buying from Yoogis, FP or Couture USA. Apparently Burlington (no longer Coat Factory) also has used LV.

I wonder how LV feels about this. They are used, but then it's so odd to me for a department store to sell used items. Most of the other resellers are predominately online.
Thanks so much! I'm new to all of this so I appreciate everyone's help. I still feel uneasy about buying a pre-loved bag without seeing it first - even with photos. But new Chanels are so pricey. I guess if I found one in a trustworthy consignment store that might be an option.

I went to my local Dillard's on Tuesday for unrelated shopping and stumbled across the used LV section. The lady told me that they switched their vendor to What Goes Around (it used to be someone else). They had overpriced bags as usual, but she and I talked for a while and she told me they sell a lot of them. She told me they get a new shipment every two weeks or so. There was a Sac Plat in DE with the red microfiber lining in excellent condition: it was very tempting since I adore that bag and feel sad that I missed out on it (who knew they would discontinue the CLASSIC Sac Plat, right?). The price was $1200 (way over the average resale price elsewhere). I do think it's really a plus to be able to see the bags right there and inspect them. There is definitely an instant gratification aspect to the "LV @ Dillard's" experience. :biggrin:

Can anyone help and tell me anything about this crazy bag?

Attachments

• 1525707730688-251062502.jpg
    1525707730688-251062502.jpg
    269 KB · Views: 275
  • 1525707796002564211860.jpg
    1525707796002564211860.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 280
  • 1525707853074-1138237617.jpg
    1525707853074-1138237617.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 284