Please educate me on the bird...

Thanks ladies. Just love the mind boggling beauties!!!

Can't wait for the bird to land on me-land one fine day!!!

In the meantime, I can only admire yours.

I always thought ostritch suited Birkins, HACs and Bolides but not Kelly's - but that tricolour from Peanutbabycakes' collection has sure put paid to any thoughts like that. Wowzers! I didn't understand quite how long lasting the leather was and it's zoomed right up my wish list. Entertaining, visually stunning and educational thread all at once - can't get better than that!

haute couturess - your birds are simply gorgeous & they look spanking new - i find it hard to believe that you have been using them for awhile (you really do take good care of them i suppose). LOVELY BAGS!

These birdie bags are stunning!!! WOW!!! :yahoo:Thanks so much for sharing, excellent thread! I am learning so much...but I have a few questions...

1. The spots....sorry...I am not getting it. :confused1: The whole spot doesn't come off, correct? Just a piece of the pore? I have ostrich boot and the pores aren't "crisp" but there's still a 'bump', is that what you mean?

2. How is this repaired?

3. What's the ballpark for a 30cm or 35 cm Birkin (PHW)?

Thank you!! :cutesy:

These birdie bags are stunning!!! WOW!!! :yahoo:Thanks so much for sharing, excellent thread! I am learning so much...but I have a few questions...

1. The spots....sorry...I am not getting it. :confused1: The whole spot doesn't come off, correct? Just a piece of the pore? I have ostrich boot and the pores aren't "crisp" but there's still a 'bump', is that what you mean?

2. How is this repaired?

3. What's the ballpark for a 30cm or 35 cm Birkin (PHW)?

Thank you!! :cutesy:

I have an ostrich clutch, kelly and birkin. Here and there little little pieces of the raised bump covering the pore can peel off but that can already be evident on a brand new bag. These are tiny little slivers mind you. Claude can glue them down when they occur, but even if not, it isnt really noticeable not does it constitute damage or defect. Its much like python or other skins with raised pieces. A 30cm pre- increase was 13,000.

rox_rocks!!!!! Sensational bag!! I love that color!!!! I really want to get an ostrich next year in 'a' color rather than my usual neutral and I think this is so beautiful!!!

thanks EH...love that one on your avatar :love: do you mind sharing the specs?
I saw a bolide in ebene(?), evergrain and blonde(?) troika at the newly opened H boutique at wynn, macau last weekend and still can't stop thinking about it :girlsigh:

thanks EH...love that one on your avatar :love: do you mind sharing the specs?
I saw a bolide in ebene(?), evergrain and blonde(?) troika at the newly opened H boutique at wynn, macau last weekend and still can't stop thinking about it :girlsigh:
No problem rox_rocks! 32cm HAC troika Blond/ebene evercalf. They make black/noir blond/ebene and chocolat/ebene All leather is evercalf, no variation.

I also love ostrich!! They're lighter than other skins, and some colors, like fuschia, blues, and greys, come out soooooo stunning in ostrich!

Right now I'm addicted :wacko:to 35cm Ostrich birkins.... but it's getting harder to get ostrich in this size these days...

I also love ostrich!! They're lighter than other skins, and some colors, like fuschia, blues, and greys, come out soooooo stunning in ostrich!

Right now I'm addicted :wacko:to 35cm Ostrich birkins.... but it's getting harder to get ostrich in this size these days...

I totally agree! Been hunting down a Fuschia 35cm Ostrich for the longest time, and regardless of the colour, most of the Birds I am coming across are in 30cm.....

35cms are really rare....

I have an ostrich clutch, kelly and birkin. Here and there little little pieces of the raised bump covering the pore can peel off but that can already be evident on a brand new bag. These are tiny little slivers mind you. Claude can glue them down when they occur, but even if not, it isnt really noticeable not does it constitute damage or defect. Its much like python or other skins with raised pieces. A 30cm pre- increase was 13,000.

Thanks so much Hermesaholic!! So, you'd have to find and keep the little slivers for it to be fixed.... ;)

Hmmmm, maybe someday I'll set my sights on a bird!! :graucho:

haute couturess - your birds are simply gorgeous & they look spanking new - i find it hard to believe that you have been using them for awhile (you really do take good care of them i suppose). LOVELY BAGS!

thanks bbo - i don't use the fuschia one as much but i do carry my birkins on my arm 75% of the time when i use them, so maybe that explains good handle condition. but yes i try to be relatively careful too :flowers:

pre-price increase that i saw was 13,000 and 14,800