Picked up my Mono Stephen today!!!

I didn't like this bag at all when I first saw pictures of it, but then I went to LV today looking for the black monogram shawl (which I bought...pics to follow) and saw the Stephen Monogram on display (and still didn't think to much of it). But then, I asked to look at it just out of curiousity (BIG mistake!)...because it is to die for once you try it on!!! :love:

I put it on hold till tomorrow because I'm actually contemplating exchanging my Denim Speedy Noe & MC black Koala wallet (haven't used yet) for this bag!!! I'm so back & forth on it though...I recently bought a Speedy 35 and a Tulum GM too, both of which are monogram and the Stephen is an exact combination of these 2 bags....thats the only thing that holds me back! But it really is so gorgeous, I don't know what to do!

What to do??? Keep my Speedy Denim Noe & Koala wallet or exchange them for the Stephen bag? Thoughts??? I'm so confused! (and crazy!) :confused1:

I personally was all 'Ewww!' when I first saw it in the ads and hubby was feeling the same way. Then when I went to get my Saleya and the store manager showed me the Stephen, I had to admit althought I did like the parts trimmed with gold python skin (It is python skin isn't it?), I was telling myself I'd only get it because it was a LE and the only reason why I would get was because no one else would have it!

Other than that, I really can't see myself loving it as much as some of the other LE pieces like the Cerise / Cherry Blossom. :sweatdrop: But keep it if you like it, the current eBay prices are crazy and like what bagsnbags said, you wouldn't want to pay a much higher price in the future from ebay.

Go with your heart! :flowers:

*I saw some going for $5,800! x_x

I personally was all 'Ewww!' when I first saw it in the ads and hubby was feeling the same way. Then when I went to get my Saleya and the store manager showed me the Stephen, I had to admit althought I did like the parts trimmed with gold python skin (It is python skin isn't it?), I was telling myself I'd only get it because it was a LE and the only reason why I would get was because no one else would have it!

Other than that, I really can't see myself loving it as much as some of the other LE pieces like the Cerise / Cherry Blossom. :sweatdrop: But keep it if you like it, the current eBay prices are crazy and like what bagsnbags said, you wouldn't want to pay a much higher price in the future from ebay.

Go with your heart! :flowers:

*I saw some going for $5,800! x_x

mine's not a leopard. Are the vachetta ones on ebay too??

I've tried this bag on several times with different stuff and each time I change my mind. keep it, return it, keep it, return it. What a mess.

I'm even starting to like it with the strap. its different. I agree that it definitly makes the bag.

I just hate the price tag. If I keep this bag then I will have to sacrifice (limit my new purchases OR sell a few of my current bags) :crybaby:

WHERE"S JILL???
Jill if you're out there how does this bag look once you've filled it with your stuff and actually wear it out?? Its super squisy to me. Does it sag terribly and lose its beauty? i pm'ed you the other day. help help help :upsidedown:

i refuse to put anything in there to test it out because I don't want to take the chance of ruining it if I decide to return it- Ya know.

Attachments

• stephen.jpg
    stephen.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 1,421
mine's not a leopard. Are the vachetta ones on ebay too??

I've tried this bag on several times with different stuff and each time I change my mind. keep it, return it, keep it, return it. What a mess.

I'm even starting to like it with the strap. its different. I agree that it definitly makes the bag.

I just hate the price tag. If I keep this bag then I will have to sacrifice (limit my new purchases OR sell a few of my current bags) :crybaby:

oooh, sorry about the mistake. I thought it was the leopard... :sweatdrop: It really looks like a speedy but with extra vachetta!
I haven't seen the Vachetta ones on ebay but I did see the Leopard ones going for as much as 5.8K and that made me really go :wtf:

Is it growing on you? The vachetta looks so fresh and pure... :drool:

Personally it doesn't do it for me. Like you said it looks like a spruced up speedy BUT if its very LE maybe you should keep it and sell it on ebay for a huge profit. :yahoo:

LOL! Im back.My computer broadband is down and Im on Dial up(KILL ME!)..ARGH...so posting me new pics would take 10 years..LMAO...

I love it UNSTUFFED..its smushy..and thats what I love about it.KEEP IT!!!

^^^^^YEP. Really growing on me :P

i just saw one on ebay going for $2900!! OMG. Maybe I should keep mine.
The seller took great pics see their pics below). here's a pic with the strap from the auction. I hated it at first now its growing on me too

Now I like this bag w/o the leopard. I dig the chain strap--it reminds me of bakelite--and the bag doesn't have too much going on. The bag that I saw IRL had Gold! Leopard! Bakelite! Mono! :yucky:

The SA let me molest the bag a bit, and though I didn't feel like crying like I did when I first saw it on Louis Vuitton (I was that offended by the mixed media), I still didn't like the bag. I was impressed by the tactile sensations, and the fact that these bags were some of Stephen's last designs. That last fact, though, makes me wonder if he designed the bags and then decided that he didn't want them to come into fruition, thus, he didn't initially push the designs.

Now I like this bag w/o the leopard. I dig the chain strap--it reminds me of bakelite--and the bag doesn't have too much going on. The bag that I saw IRL had Gold! Leopard! Bakelite! Mono! :yucky:

The SA let me molest the bag a bit, and though I didn't feel like crying like I did when I first saw it on Louis Vuitton (I was that offended by the mixed media), I still didn't like the bag. I was impressed by the tactile sensations, and the fact that these bags were some of Stephen's last designs. That last fact, though, makes me wonder if he designed the bags and then decided that he didn't want them to come into fruition, thus, he didn't initially push the designs.

^^Hmm? Explain further.
I'm interested. Who IS Stephen anyway. Is there a story that goes with this bag? Now that i have the bag perhaps i should know this. LOL

^^Hmm? Explain further.
I'm interested. Who IS Stephen anyway. Is there a story that goes with this bag? Now that i have the bag perhaps i should know this. LOL

The bag that I saw had gold handles, leopard fur on the bottom, and the bakelite strap, as well as monogram--it was just too much for me!

As for Stephen Sprouse, he was the genius fashion designer that LV commissioned to design their first artist-series, ltd edition bags. Are you familiar with the Graffiti line? He designed those bags, and they were quite popular. Sprouse, though, wasn't happy working for such a large corporation--he prided himself on the whole punk aesthetic and was part of the NY art scene--and the next year designed a bunch of bags and household items for Target, which did not amuse LVMH. He did leave a bunch of sketches with LVMH (I guess they owned them since he was hired to design for them), and after died, they decided to bring some of the sketches to life. The last bit of information is what the SA told me when I asked her why they were called the Stephen bags.