Pet Peeves??

People who do not use their signal to switch lanes, turn left/right etc. I honestly believe there should be a police unit out there enforcing this on a daily basis!! I'd love to see someone get pulled over for that!
^^
-People who don't know how to switch lanes and need to brake while going 70mph to do so...

-People who believe that they know everything

The Evil Legacy of the Tylenol poisoner. Older readers may recall that there was a time when one bought a bottle of aspirin, or a jar of mustard, went home, opened it and WHOOMP! There it was! About 30? 35? ago, some person with mental illness put cyanide in some bottles of Tylenol, and ever since, your every purchase is guaranteed to require you to use a blowtorch and chainsaw to get through 99 levels of seals, bubble plastic, and assorted flotsam and jetsom of Packaging Planet - and of course there is an extra charge, even if it's not really announced or talked about. And yes, there is a theory that the Tylenol poisoner was in fact a covert operative paid by the waste management industry.
:wtf: I've never even heard of that. I hope no one died. :sad:

Yes, several people did die. No one was ever convicted of the crime.

My minor pet peeves: not using turn signals
cutting in line
mispronouncing "nuclear"
voice mail hell
not sending (or e-mail) thank-yous after receiving a
gift
people with too many items in the express lane
weathercasters who stand in front of the map
passengers who take up more than their share of
overhead space in the plane

1. People who smoke just outside a doorway to a store, office building, restaurant, etc. because there's a no-smoking policy inside. I hate having to pass through their stinky cigarette smoke to get where I'm going.

2. Calling a customer service department or a place of business and the person on the other end of the phone saying, "just a second, I have to get a pen." Geez, you'd think they'd have a pen at their fingertips, not waste my time having to search their desk for one.

People chewing loudly
Dirty ears, fingernais, feet, hair, etc.
People who fart while waiting in line at Wal-Mart
Driving slow in the fast lane
Stereotyping
Fake Bags being carried by people who think they are "the ****"

people who, when i walk up to their table and say "hello, how are you today?" ignore me.

people who don't let me even let me finish saying hello before they order/say they're not ready/say they're waiting for other people

people who say they're being "good" when they order the sauteed fish that's smothered in butter and a baked potato, also smothered in butter.

people who expect me to read their minds then get upset when they discover i don't have ESP.

people who complain but won't let me fix the problem

lousy tippers

(i just got off work, can you tell? :smile:)

the phone in general, but more specifically: getting a pre recorded telemarketer (especially after 8pm). calling a company and not having the option to talk to a real person (i don't care if i have to wait an hour before i can, i just want to talk to someone). people who don't leave voicemails especially people who know i screen and why. people who leave voice mails that just say "call me back" but not why they called in the first place. (i like to know what i'm getting into.)

people who are proud of the fact that they don't read

people who post myspace bulletins begging to leave them comments/check out their new background/whatever

my husband insisting that intregal can be correctly pronounced in-TEG-grel and documentry as doc-U-men-TARY, among other things. i think he just does it now b/c he knows it drives me bonkers.

Whoa ilzabet, that is a GREAT list! I get the impression you work in a restaurant but a lot of those are equally suffered by those of us who work anywhere, especially if we have to deal with clients, whether ours, our firms, whatever.

And you reminded me of another one - those spam phone calls that are recordings. Not that I am crazy about the ones from live people, but I want to know just WHO ever persuaded anybody to pay for a sequence dialer to spew RECORDED phone spam! That is one talented person!

And the best is when I see them on the answering machine. The recording calls the machine, and records for a few seconds at the same time that the machine itself is spewing its non-customized preset "no one is available" message, then continues ON spewing ITS recorded stuff - and at the end tells you to press some key or reference this (loooong pause) then computer generated 10 or 12 digit number.

So while it is a Pet Peeve, my hat is definitely off to the genius who has persuaded so many companies to purchase this product, assuring them that thousands - no - MILLIONS - of people will listen to the whole thing, carefully write down the 12 digit number, and return the call, which I am certain will be answered by a recording.

I bet you can even program some of the higher-end answering machines to do all that for you. That way, the machines can continue playing recorded messages to each other indefinitely, like two mirrors facing each other.

What a wonderful age we live in, where a Pet Peeve and metaphysical perfection can become One. :smile:

mispronouncing "nuclear"

I laughed out loud when I read this.

Hearing the President of the United States say "Nukuler" drives me nuts :hysteric: and is embarrassing at the very least.

people who don't signal before turning or switching lanes...
people who act like their shhhh don't stink or act like they've just smelled some...
when people are asking for something, but instead of asking they just stick their hand out, like you're supposed to know what they're talking about...
when people answer questions with questions...
i have more, but i'll get to you back on the rest...

Poor grammar and/or spelling!!
Loud gum chewing, cracking and popping!!!
Driving slow in the fast lane!!
Backtalking kids!!
Solicitation phone calls!!
Cat hair on EVERYTHING!! which is a real problem at my house since we have 8 of the little f**kers!!

Pet peeves:
- people chewing w/their mouths open. eww!
- no signal when changing lanes/turning
- "press 1 to continue in English"
- telemarketers
- people with no manners/class
- people who open their car doors into yours
- naggers
- drivers who cut you off and then go 30 mph. :cursing:
** catty girls**w/no self-esteem who rag on other girls b/c they are jealous and insecure.

People who leave their turn signals on for way too long

People who don't signal at all

People who chew loudly

People who freely speak their minds without thinking of how it'll hurt people.