Perfume that takes you back?

...Lily of the Valley - little bottles of that were given to my grandmother by ... does Fuller Brush sound right?...
I wish I remembered the name of it, she had a friend who lived in France, and would send it to her, nobody else in the world, at least the world we lived in :smile: had it, which made it all the more special!

I don't think the Fuller Brush man had anything but scrub brushes and detergent in those days!

anything with lavendar... smells like my mom. ..
That is what my mom always wore, too. The Lanvin ones were for special occasions, but her everyday fragrance was Yardley's Lavender! Back in those days, they actually put enough perfume in the soap so that it was perceptibly lavender.

I got some a few weeks ago, thinking it would remind me of her, but the scent was so faint, I took it down to sit by the kitchen sink with the Pears and do utility duty!

[QUOTE=ShimmaPuff;205447

I don't think the Fuller Brush man had anything but scrub brushes and detergent in those days!

Shimma, I just had to search and see if I had dreamed it was Fuller Brush and look what I found LOL

Vintage Fuller LILY of the VALLEY Perfume Cologne 1 oz.

This is a delightful bottle of Lily of Valley from the Fuller Brush Company of long ago. Standing 3 5/8” tall, it is sure to make you smile. Either for collecting or for use, it is sure to be a welcomed addition to your fragrance collection.

(googled "Fuller Brush Lily of the Valley")

Anais-anais by Cacheral reminds me of my BFF from HS whom my parents disliked because they thought she was a bad influence on me! Little did they
know...

Jean-Nate, Love's Baby Soft, and Charlie remind me of the '70s--need I say more?

Ralph Lauren Polo and CK Obsession were what all the young studs wore back in the day...

Tresor by Lancome reminds me of sunny days in CA--in fact one very specific memory in which it is late in the afternoon and I am pulling into the driveway of a patient's very elegant home in ?Oceanside ?Vista? anyway, somewhere slightly northwest of San Diego proper, off the 78...he is a rather strange, elderly gentleman but I like him...I just remember feeling happy, that he was my last visit of the day (I was doing home health at the time)...every time I smell Tresor it takes me instantly back to that man's driveway, it's almost photographic...don't know why...

OK I'm rambling now....

oh wow, what memories these are bringing up!!!

Loves Baby Soft - everyone in junior high school. LOL!
Liz Claiborne in the triangle bottle - my high school perfume!
Opium by YSL - college roommate. man, did she splash that on!!
Samsara by Guerlain - my college perfume. Thought I was oohhh-sooo-sophisicated LOL!!!

WOw.
1. L'air du temps. When i was in Year 7
2. Anais Anais
3. Blue Grass
4. Opium
5. PAris
6. Beautiful ( so reminds me of teenage xmas-es)
7. White Linen

Strange how i loved all these perfumes then but it all smells so synthetic to me now. The guy at the YSL counter gave me a sample of Opium last week and it brought me right back!!!!!

At the Metropolitan Opera House in N.Y.C. on a field trip from school (I was about 12 years old) I sat next to a woman who smelled sooo good,I actually had the good sense to ask her what she was wearing and she said "Arpege". To this day, it is my favorite fragrance and I try to keep it on hand - it takes me right back.

Curve (high school)
Je Reviens
Halston (my mom wore this in the 80's)
Sun, Moon, and Stars Dior (my cousin gave me this when I was still in ELEMENTARY)
Contrast (wore this in middle school)
Exclamation Blush (I wore this when I was a freshmen in college)
Charlie White (high school)