Perfume Chat Thread

Sounds like you like a true rose scent. I haven't tried Rose Absolue but I have a few other Annick Goutal fragrances. One of the prettiest true rose scents is Aerin Rose de Grasse. I tried it quite a few years ago but I remember it as being lovely. I like that some of their fragrances are offered in rollerball format, which is a nice way to try them out without having to commit to a full size bottle. Rose de Grasse is easy to wear and nice if you are not looking for too much development in the fragrance.

Also, Une Rose by Frederic Malle is a beautiful rose with depth. I also like Serge Lutens Sa Majeste la Rose, which makes me think of a lush pink rose with green leaves and a hint of honey in the base.

Thank you for the very helpful advice! I love the scent of real roses, so I'm on the hunt for a perfume that captures that realistic scent. I'll look into the ones you suggested! Thank you!

I tried Le Lion fairly recently. It's definitely nice, but I don't need another ambery Oriental at the moment. I hardly ever wear Coromandel as it is, and if I need a hit of labdanum, I've got that huge bottle of Mitzah that's not going anywhere anytime soon lol
Ah, thank you! I was wondering if it might be repetitive in my collection, especially with the comparisons to Shalimar.
In addition to Shalimar, I also own two other scents that could be deemed as cousins of Shalimar -- Miller Harris Fleur Oriental and Carthusia Ligea la Sirena. As for Coromandel, I have at least a quarter bottle left, so yeah, I don't need a bottle of Le Lion anytime soon either. :biggrin:

Mitzah is one I definitely want to try too but it still seems pretty hard to find here at the moment. Maybe if I travel later this year, I will hopefully be able to find it...

Last edited:
Reactions: JenJBS
I was rearranging my perfume bottles yesterday and that got me thinking about perfume bottle design, and beautiful perfume bottles.

I wish I had a bottle of vintage Femme by Rochas with me. The one with the black cap is one of my favorite bottles in terms of design -- simple, yet stunning. I have some other favorites as well. Speaking of beautiful bottles, what are your favorites? Pictures are welcome!

Last edited:
I was rearranging my perfume bottles yesterday and that got me thinking about perfume bottle design, and beautiful perfume bottles.

I wish I had a bottle of vintage Femme by Rochas with me. The one with the black cap is one of my favorite bottles in terms of design -- simple, yet stunning. I have some other favorites as well. Speaking of beautiful bottles, what are your favorites? Pictures are welcome!

The first couple I don't own...
375x500.62677.jpg

375x500.4566.jpg

This is just cute... Also don't own...
0400013247998.jpg
These I do own... I love the Tiffany bottle, and the MGM bottle being shaped like a bag... I couldn't resist.
tiffany-eau-de-parfum-60699321_973278_AV_2_2.jpg
mcm-eau-de-parfum bottle.jpg

The first couple I don't own...
View attachment 5090096

View attachment 5090097

This is just cute... Also don't own...
View attachment 5090099
These I do own... I love the Tiffany bottle, and the MGM bottle being shaped like a bag... I couldn't resist.
View attachment 5090100
View attachment 5090102
The Tiffany bottle is pretty! I own the Insolence bottle, and also the flanker, Insolence Eau Glacee. They were blind buys from some years ago. But I have been debating letting it go from my collection because I never wear it. The Insolence bottle is stunning!
I also love some of the classic Guerlain bottles including the Mitsouko bottle.

• Love
Reactions: JenJBS
I own more Chanel and Dior, but Guerlain has a special spot too. I just find it easier to wear a Chanel or a Dior. Guerlain always felt dressier to me until I found something I liked in Mon Guerlain.

My regular wardrobe consists of L'artisan's La Chasse Aux Papillons and Tocca Colette. I enjoy lighter scents.