Perfume Chat Thread

Sounds like you like a true rose scent. I haven't tried Rose Absolue but I have a few other Annick Goutal fragrances. One of the prettiest true rose scents is Aerin Rose de Grasse. I tried it quite a few years ago but I remember it as being lovely. I like that some of their fragrances are offered in rollerball format, which is a nice way to try them out without having to commit to a full size bottle. Rose de Grasse is easy to wear and nice if you are not looking for too much development in the fragrance.

Also, Une Rose by Frederic Malle is a beautiful rose with depth. I also like Serge Lutens Sa Majeste la Rose, which makes me think of a lush pink rose with green leaves and a hint of honey in the base.
@JenJBS, +1 with @Purses & Perfumes ( and @ultravisitor regarding Frederic Malle Une Rose. It’s amazing. I think of it as a white Burgundy of rose fragrances :biggrin:. It somehow hits a high note without being brash, yet it has depth and nuance, not cluttered by add ons that are present in the more modern dark rose fragrances. I wasn’t particularly a rose fan at all until Caron air et Noir and FM Une Rose. . . @Purses & Perfumes, I will also revisit Sa Majeste la rose, thank you for the reminder)

@Tasha1, thank you for the recommendation of fueguia 1833. I just ordered some 1ml samples: gardenia; magnolia; rose musc and Rosa de los vientos. I was curious about rose oud — I think it was aquilaria— but don’t believe samples were offered for that one. Thanks again!

Favorite bottles. I prefer simple crystal bottles generally. The original release of Caron Poivre (I also have a number of crystal peppercorn travel flasks) and of tabac blond both of which I bought via online auction. The old extrait bottle of Guerlain VdN was enough of a favorite that I bought it empty. At the time, I could not find one, sealed, with contents intact. And, my favorite inexpensive bottle is the black Lalique molinard bottle, but since the scent is horrendously powdery on me, I no longer have it. Caron used to also sell crystal travel flacons and atomizers that you could have refilled by them.(8 have some on the top shelf, second pic on the left). Here are pics of two perfume cabinets with some of the Caron and guerlain bottles on the top and bottom shelves of the second pic. I also like the Guerlain Parure grey wave bottle. In the first pic, bottom shelf there is a first edition Lys Epona in an antique bottle and balenciaga le dix bottle.
61BD35B5-6221-4C2A-AC72-98B507669568.jpegD2DA0AC9-32C4-4E17-9236-140D5B9B38BE.jpeg 770163EB-D0B2-49FB-9A9A-349C5E5786CC.jpeg

Last edited:
wow, it is on my wish list
Juan Manuel and Msheireb are gorgeous,

It is also my wish.

My DH has been involved in my perfume madness as well :biggrin:

He likes Darwin a lot.
It’s very very nice when DHs support our habits :biggrin: I will check out Darwin and the others! Hugs

@Tasha1, I will definitely check out your recommendation for FanthomV below! Hugs

Last edited:
Reactions: JenJBS and Tasha1
@JenJBS, +1 with @Purses & Perfumes ( and @ultravisitor regarding Frederic Malle Une Rose. It’s amazing. I think of it as a white Burgundy of rose fragrances :biggrin:. It somehow hits a high note without being brash, yet it has depth and nuance, not cluttered by add ons that are present in the more modern dark rose fragrances. I wasn’t particularly a rose fan at all until Caron air et Noir and FM Une Rose. . . @Purses & Perfumes, I will also revisit Sa Majeste la rose, thank you for the reminder)

@Tasha1, thank you for the recommendation of fueguia 1833. I just ordered some 1ml samples: gardenia; magnolia; rose musc and Rosa de los vientos. I was curious about rose oud — I think it was aquilaria— but don’t believe samples were offered for that one. Thanks again!

Favorite bottles. I prefer simple crystal bottles generally. The original release of Caron Poivre (I also have a number of crystal peppercorn travel flasks) and of tabac blond both of which I bought via online auction. The old extrait bottle of Guerlain VdN was enough of a favorite that I bought it empty. At the time, I could not find one, sealed, with contents intact. And, my favorite inexpensive bottle is the black Lalique molinard bottle, but since the scent is horrendously powdery on me, I no longer have it. Caron used to also sell crystal travel flacons and atomizers that you could have refilled by them. Here are pics of two perfume cabinets with some of the Caron and guerlain bottles on the top and bottom shelves of the second pic. I also like the Guerlain Parure grey wave bottle. In the first pic, bottom shelf there is a first edition Lys Epona in an antique bottle and balenciaga le dix bottle.
View attachment 5090878View attachment 5090879

Thank you! I'll check those out!

Your perfume cabinets look wonderful! Very impressive collection!

• Love
Reactions: 880
59C9B149-22A0-463E-BFB6-DB1209BC893B.jpeg
I love this Guerlain bottle!

@880, your perfume cabinets are amazing! :love: I agree about the extrait bottle of Vol de Nuit. I hope to get one at some point. I see you have the vintage Avon snail bottle. I have the same one too.

Regarding Sa Majeste la Rose, there is a touch of honey in it, so it's ever so slightly on the sweeter side. I always dab it on lightly which I feel is the best way for me to enjoy this particular fragrance.

Last edited:
View attachment 5091015
I love this Guerlain bottle!

@880, your perfume cabinets are amazing! :love: I agree about the extrait bottle of Vol de Nuit. I hope to get one at some point. I see you have the vintage Avon snail bottle. I have the same one too.

Regarding Sa Majeste la Rose, there is a touch of honey in it, so it's ever so slightly on the sweeter side. I always dab it on lightly which I feel is the best way for me to enjoy this particular fragrance.
Thank you @JenJBS and @Purses & Perfumes for your kind words. Re VDN, I do have several iterations including extrait from the zebra box era, but as time passes, I cannot keep the dates straight. Maybe 1980s, but I could be totally off. (Re the collection, I didn’t include the oversized bottles bc then it becomes too messy lol). @Purses & Perfumes, the Avon snail is actually one of my favorites! great minds think alike! Later this week, I’ll try to update with a pic of the favorite bottles. (Preferably when DH is otherwise occupied lol)

Last edited:
Favourite bottles I own:

Knot by BV - it's lovely and heavy in the hand - everything is golden
Habanita by Molinard - in the all-black relief
Habanita by Molinard - the red centenary bottle (it was first created 1921)

Screenshot 2021-05-23 at 20.47.12.png
Kingdom by Alexander McQueen - there are no words :tender: I shouldn't sing its praises as both the perfume and EDP are now getting more expensive than Hermes scarves. What really upsets me is no one but me liked it when it was available commercially.
Screenshot 2021-05-23 at 20.56.42.png
Gucci pour Homme EDT (original formulae) in the old bottle (houndstooth box) is suave and Modern (with a capital M)
Hermes Gallop - my favourite. Looks a bit of a novelty - until you get it in your hands. So satisfying and you can choose the colour of the leather cord.

Screenshot 2021-05-23 at 20.52.09.png

Favourite bottles I own:

Knot by BV - it's lovely and heavy in the hand - everything is golden
Habanita by Molinard - in the all-black relief
Habanita by Molinard - the red centenary bottle (it was first created 1921)

View attachment 5091051
Kingdom by Alexander McQueen - there are no words :tender: I shouldn't sing its praises as both the perfume and EDP are now getting more expensive than Hermes scarves. What really upsets me is no one but me liked it when it was available commercially.
View attachment 5091056
Gucci pour Homme EDT (original formulae) in the old bottle (houndstooth box) is suave and Modern (with a capital M)
Hermes Gallop - my favourite. Looks a bit of a novelty - until you get it in your hands. So satisfying and you can choose the colour of the leather cord.

View attachment 5091053
I agree with you about BV Knot. You make such a good point about how wonderful some bottles feel in the hand. There is the tactile beauty of heavy glass, and then there is also the practical convenience of a good quality sprayer. And of course you know I am jealous of that Alexander McQueen Kingdom bottle of yours...;):heart: But kidding aside, I do hope you have enough back-ups stashed away.

A question about tuberose oil -- do you mean the essential oil that comes in tiny bottles?

I agree with you about BV Knot. You make such a good point about how wonderful some bottles feel in the hand. There is the tactile beauty of heavy glass, and then there is also the practical convenience of a good quality sprayer. And of course you know I am jealous of that Alexander McQueen Kingdom bottle of yours...;):heart: But kidding aside, I do hope you have enough back-ups stashed away.

A question about tuberose oil -- do you mean the essential oil that comes in tiny bottles?

On last bottle of Kingdom now :sad:

They don't have the one I had anymore. I don't trust those 'essential oils' you get from heath food stores etc. Pure rose oil would be far more expensive if it were real.

The closest Tubereuse L'Artisan Parfumeur, it has a very 'creamy' 'round' rose fragrance. Basically like sitting in the middle of a rose garden (which I have, as well as a lavender garden).

My scent world has changed quite a bit lately. It's probably because my life is reorganizing itself to something completely new and when this has happened before, new perfumes have always come into play.
Current favorites:
Elizabeth Arden White Tea Vanilla Orchid
D&G l'Imperatrice
Salvador Dali DaliA

I am new to the (active side of) purseblog and was thinking how can I really contribute? where actually can I make initial 5 posts, while I am not an expert of luxurious goods, I mean maybe I got educated in some types, but fasion is such a wide domain! So I love the fact that at the end of the date “perfumes” are sneaking to every place, haha . I consider myself as a sort of amateur perfume critic and a collector. I love niche brands (not all, of course, but highly respect indie undertakings on this field of art), especially Etat Libre d’Orange, Francesca dell’Oro, Parfum de Marly, Maître Parfumeur et Gantier, Labolatorio Olfattivo, Nicolai Parfumeur Createur, Histoires de Parfumes, and I can go on and on…
1. Although I am also truly fascinated by manly facets of fragrances and compositions dedicated for man, I just cannot break the habit in officially wearing them. However recently I did some shy attempts with Lalique Encre Noir.
2. One of my signature scent is Ambre Vert (discounted) from small manufacture established on Seychelles (Kreofleurage Parfums): it was developed many years ago and even thoug intended to be something new (I believe), for me it constitutes the essence of best value in traditional perfume craftsmanship.

I am new to the (active side of) purseblog and was thinking how can I really contribute? where actually can I make initial 5 posts, while I am not an expert of luxurious goods, I mean maybe I got educated in some types, but fasion is such a wide domain! So I love the fact that at the end of the date “perfumes” are sneaking to every place, haha . I consider myself as a sort of amateur perfume critic and a collector. I love niche brands (not all, of course, but highly respect indie undertakings on this field of art), especially Etat Libre d’Orange, Francesca dell’Oro, Parfum de Marly, Maître Parfumeur et Gantier, Labolatorio Olfattivo, Nicolai Parfumeur Createur, Histoires de Parfumes, and I can go on and on…
1. Although I am also truly fascinated by manly facets of fragrances and compositions dedicated for man, I just cannot break the habit in officially wearing them. However recently I did some shy attempts with Lalique Encre Noir.
2. One of my signature scent is Ambre Vert (discounted) from small manufacture established on Seychelles (Kreofleurage Parfums): it was developed many years ago and even thoug intended to be something new (I believe), for me it constitutes the essence of best value in traditional perfume craftsmanship.

It's lovely you could join us on here!

• Love
Reactions: JoannaKrakow