People's comments

I don't find many strangers make any comments or snide remarks probably because I also got the "chronic *****face" lol but there r 2 coworkers at work that enjoy making snide remarks I just ignore them. I don't need to justify my beautiful bags to them or anyone else.

Surprisingly I have yet to have one person come and say anything catty or rude to me, it's always compliments on my lovely bags or polite questions about the style/materials/where I bought it, which is probably attributed to me having "chronic *****face" and giving off the impression that one wrong word will result in a doctor surgically removing my stiletto from their @$$

Maybe I need to find the male equivalent of a chronic *****face! Hahaha 😂

I don't find many strangers make any comments or snide remarks probably because I also got the "chronic *****face" lol but there r 2 coworkers at work that enjoy making snide remarks I just ignore them. I don't need to justify my beautiful bags to them or anyone else.

Lucky you! I get a lot of comments and looks... I think part of it is because I'm a guy and you see less guys who wear a lot of jewelry and have a lot of designer items. I see them talk about me behind my back... It's fine...

I heard one person say "his bracelet is worth more than my car, who does he think he is". ☺️👌

Lucky you! I get a lot of comments and looks... I think part of it is because I'm a guy and you see less guys who wear a lot of jewelry and have a lot of designer items. I see them talk about me behind my back... It's fine...

I heard one person say "his bracelet is worth more than my car, who does he think he is". ☺️👌

holy jealous & petty! how sad of a person they must be. :wacko:

Hey guys,

On any given work day I can be seen carrying my Infini Porte documents voyage, a Louis wallet, Louis key holder, sometimes LV shoes, sometimes bracelet... And tiffany bracelet, ring and a good watch...

A lot of people legitimately compliment my taste etc... But a lot of people make sarcastic backhanded comments about how I'm obsessed, or I must have no responsibilities, or "oh well look at YOU" etc... And I find is SUPER RUDE AND ANNOYING!! I don't know how to react... I usually just grin and nod or something but it's so awkward... They act like they've never seen anything that costs over 100$ before....

How do you guys handle this type of commentary?

How is your taste "legitimately complimented"? Honestly, if I see LV from head to toe, I would be a bit weirded out. I probably would indeed say, "look at YOU"...if nothing just to notice what it is you want to be noticed.

If it's positive, people are okay. If it's comments, then *rude*, *nasty*...yeesh. You can't have heaven without hell.

How is your taste "legitimately complimented"? Honestly, if I see LV from head to toe, I would be a bit weirded out. I probably would indeed say, "look at YOU"...if nothing just to notice what it is you want to be noticed.

If it's positive, people are okay. If it's comments, then *rude*, *nasty*...yeesh. You can't have heaven without hell.

Head to toe? 😂 a bag and shoes? And wallet that's concealed in my pocket? You'd be "weirded out" by that? You've got to be kidding me lol 😂😂 too funny

Aaahhh!., this is my pet hate! Even my friends..they have all recently had babies and are super happy and that's great....my hubby and I have two fur babies and no intention of having any babies so I work hard and I spend my money on things I love...but they say oh isn't your life empty...all that money on bags and not babies!!! ...I would never say to them oh how could you spend so much money on your kids and not nice things!

I think it is super rude! I don't comment on things I don't have an understanding of...what people spend hard earned money on is up to them....how do they now it wasn't a gift left by my grandmother who died etc...

I just bought my first good expensive watch as I got a promotion and of course. I copped exactly what your saying!! Ha! I have worked 100 hours a week for 3 years for that promotion!! They can stink off I say!

Haha sorry for the rant!!! This thread is very topical for me today!!

Xx

Ha! I love it....I need this "***** face" also!

On any given work day I can be seen carrying my Infini Porte documents voyage, a Louis wallet, Louis key holder, sometimes LV shoes, sometimes bracelet... And tiffany bracelet, ring and a good watch...
I dont think this is "head to toe". Adding a LV logo shirt and hat and pants and scarf, OKAY, that MIGHT be a little much of being a walking ad. But just a bag - SLGs inside - and sometimes shoes / bracelets? nothing, what I find exceptionally flashy! and nothing i would be making comments about.

The other day when I was at the drugstore a girl actually hat a 35 DE speedy, 2 DE suitcases and a DE belt. THAT was in my face, as i was standing there with my 25 speedy right next to her - and we went just like :graucho::graucho::graucho: "look at us people, dont our bags look great?!" no honestly, I didnt know her but we were smiling at each other and had some fun minutes waiting in line.

Aaahhh!., this is my pet hate! Even my friends..they have all recently had babies and are super happy and that's great....my hubby and I have two fur babies and no intention of having any babies so I work hard and I spend my money on things I love...but they say oh isn't your life empty...all that money on bags and not babies!!! ...I would never say to them oh how could you spend so much money on your kids and not nice things!

I think it is super rude! I don't comment on things I don't have an understanding of...what people spend hard earned money on is up to them....how do they now it wasn't a gift left by my grandmother who died etc...

I just bought my first good expensive watch as I got a promotion and of course. I copped exactly what your saying!! Ha! I have worked 100 hours a week for 3 years for that promotion!! They can stink off I say!

Haha sorry for the rant!!! This thread is very topical for me today!!

Xx

Well done, and congrats on your very hard earned promotion!

I never grokked why it is OK to sacrifice lots of time and energy to work very hard, but afterwards, once you collect its rewards, it is not OK to splurge on yourself and show your pride in your accomplishments (is that a Puritan legacy thing, I wonder?)... There is no better incentive like getting on top of things ;)