People's comments

Wow lv monograms seem to get a lot of crap and its seems like it is "cool" to not like any logos and if you like lv monogram - your a showoff logo w*%re. I have never found lv out there and i like the story behind the monogram print and the earthy browns / vachetta. We all have different tastes - not right or wrong tastes. There are patterns i find i dont like but i only wont buy it not put down who does. If someone was head to toe lv what of it?

Wow lv monograms seem to get a lot of crap and its seems like it is "cool" to not like any logos and if you like lv monogram - your a showoff logo w*%re. I have never found lv out there and i like the story behind the monogram print and the earthy browns / vachetta. We all have different tastes - not right or wrong tastes. There are patterns i find i dont like but i only wont buy it not put down who does. If someone was head to toe lv what of it?

What if it indeed!? Agree 100%

What? Lol I know I did... I just don't see how or why someone would be "weirded out" by someone wearing LV shoes and carrying an LV bag... And I'm not crying chief, thanks 👍 I'm actually kinda weirded out by that

Just not sure what your point is? Do you only want to be complimented when showcasing your things? I'm wondering what it is you mention?

When I saw the title "people's comments", I assumed you would remark on both positive and negative, but you are irritated over what you call negative. You listed everything you carry...weird where most might say "briefcase", "wallet"...not "LV wallet". You dress for attention, but only want the positive attention?

:sneaky:

Just not sure what your point is? Do you only want to be complimented when showcasing your things? I'm wondering what it is you mention?

When I saw the title "people's comments", I assumed you would remark on both positive and negative, but you are irritated over what you call negative. You listed everything you carry...weird where most might say "briefcase", "wallet"...not "LV wallet". You dress for attention, but only want the positive attention?

:sneaky:

I dont dress for attention... I dress the way I WANT to dress for MYSELF. And yes, obviously I mention the brand contextually because we are in a LV forum after all... It's not always LV.

Also, I don't care whether I'm complimented... But I don't appreciate being insulted or judged based on what I'm wearing... And quite frankly I don't appreciate feeling like I have to justify or explain myself to you. I opened this thread for support and advice, not for further discomfort. If you don't have anything useful or positive to bring to the discussion, I'd ask you to please stop posting here. Thank you.

I think I probably would have responded with advice, but then I kept reading comments about how people are stupid, jealous, envious, and all kinds of negative things...and that irritated me more than anything. We're doing the same thing with these people we don't want done to us.

I have gone into a meeting, seen my coworker pull out a Montblanc pen, and said, "ohhhh, check you out!" It's because in my line of work, Montblancs are rarely seen in meetings. Or, if I'm meeting another peer at the airport to travel, and he shows up head to toe in LV, or other designer brands...I say the same thing--all in jest. I'm also wearing designer and carrying my handbags, so it's the one or two people I can share the laughter with.

I don't think ALL of these people hate you (coworkers or strangers). So perhaps I should have replied to this thread immediately when you created it, versus reading all of the negative comments about, well people we don't even care about. Does something to me.

Lucky you! I get a lot of comments and looks... I think part of it is because I'm a guy and you see less guys who wear a lot of jewelry and have a lot of designer items. I see them talk about me behind my back... It's fine...

I heard one person say "his bracelet is worth more than my car, who does he think he is". ☺️👌

Don't let them get you down their just jealous that a man is dressing better and has better bags then they have. Take it as a compliment cuz I'm sure you rock those bags ;)

Hey guys,

On any given work day I can be seen carrying my Infini Porte documents voyage, a Louis wallet, Louis key holder, sometimes LV shoes, sometimes bracelet... And tiffany bracelet, ring and a good watch...

A lot of people legitimately compliment my taste etc... But a lot of people make sarcastic backhanded comments about how I'm obsessed, or I must have no responsibilities, or "oh well look at YOU" etc... And I find is SUPER RUDE AND ANNOYING!! I don't know how to react... I usually just grin and nod or something but it's so awkward... They act like they've never seen anything that costs over 100$ before....

How do you guys handle this type of commentary?

J.B.S. It's the jealous ***** syndrome. Best thing to do is ignore them and Smile a Lot. They are trying to burst your happy bubble. Enjoy your treasures & keep smiling. It will be your best revenge.

At my old work place, when I was younger I could newer wear such bags to work, because every time we discussed salary elevation, my boss told me "when you have those expencive bags, clothes, etc it seems that you earn enough already" I didn't even told I'd bought a new car.. Nowdays, I have my own business and buy/wear exactly what I want ;)

As long as your financial responsibilities are taken care of, then you're free to do whatever you want with YOUR money. It's nobody's business how you choose to spend your money, just be you and rock it!

I am so happy to see that this thread has brought up this topic. I am also very annoyed at people who make comments and snide remarks towards other people who are wearing designer items.

All of the LV things I own represent the completion of various personal goals ranging from securing internships and scholarships to social volunteering in the community. I understand that the people who make those remarks are not aware of that but I also look down on negativity.

I only compliment/comment on other people's stuff if it is positive and whenever I get a compliment on my stuff I always immediately return it on something they have (even if I am not that into it).

Bottom line is that it is important to remember that everyone is fighting a battle and you should not be making it harder for someone to get through their day than it already is (regardless of whether they are wearing LV or not).

At my old work place, when I was younger I could newer wear such bags to work, because every time we discussed salary elevation, my boss told me "when you have those expencive bags, clothes, etc it seems that you earn enough already" I didn't even told I'd bought a new car.. Nowdays, I have my own business and buy/wear exactly what I want ;)

That's a form of discrimination!

I am so happy to see that this thread has brought up this topic. I am also very annoyed at people who make comments and snide remarks towards other people who are wearing designer items.

All of the LV things I own represent the completion of various personal goals ranging from securing internships and scholarships to social volunteering in the community. I understand that the people who make those remarks are not aware of that but I also look down on negativity.

I only compliment/comment on other people's stuff if it is positive and whenever I get a compliment on my stuff I always immediately return it on something they have (even if I am not that into it).

Bottom line is that it is important to remember that everyone is fighting a battle and you should not be making it harder for someone to get through their day than it already is (regardless of whether they are wearing LV or not).

Totally agree!!