People's comments

Don't let people's comments get to you. Whenever someone comments about the bag I'm carrying and says they can't justify spending that amount or something rude I normally just laugh or tell them we all have different taste. Just let it roll off.

My boyfriend started shifting the attention to my watch to one particularly rude tourist while we were on vacation and said "don't worry about her bag, she's wearing a new KIA on her wrist" and pointed at my rolex lol so now that's our joke whenever people want to comment on anything I'm wearing.

Buy and wear what you want as long as it makes you happy girly!

Agree 100% with everything except the "girly"... I'm a guy! 😂😂😂 hahaha

All you guys are so right! I know they're jealous and envious and annoyed to see all my stuff and their bitterness manifests itself with sarcasm, hypocrisy and, frankly, stupidity. It just really grinds my gears!!

The worst is my manager actually... She's a super nice person and I know she doesn't do it maliciously, but she's always making cracks about how I'm going to go spend my entire pay check at tiffany or LV... The first time it was cute but enough already!

It makes me feel self conscious... The last thing I want is to come off as narcissistic or materialistic because I'm really not... I just have an appreciation for the finer things in life!

Someone mentioned everyone having interests and passions... Yes! Absolutely!! I don't go out to bars or clubs and spend money on alcohol or drugs... I don't smoke... If my only vice is buying beautiful expensive things with MY money, I should surely be fed to the sharks!!! 😳

I sometimes get the "I couldn't spend that on a bag..." in a snidey way, and just ignore it. Thats great that you couldn't spend £X on a bag - I couldn't spend £X on cigarettes or going out drinking every Friday, Saturday and Sunday :biggrin:

+1!! Life is full of choices and HOW your spend your money is one of them.

I too have a bunch of colleagues who always gave nasty comments. One even follow me to ATM and stores on separate occasion. Then as soon as we walked out from the store, he said things like he couldn't believe I spent so much on purses and jade. These are hard earned money. On why I withdrew so much money. Where I am going to use them. And when I said I would like to shop alone, he insisted on following me. There is a thing called privacy.

I too have a bunch of colleagues who always gave nasty comments. One even follow me to ATM and stores on separate occasion. Then as soon as we walked out from the store, he said things like he couldn't believe I spent so much on purses and jade. These are hard earned money. On why I withdrew so much money. Where I am going to use them. And when I said I would like to shop alone, he insisted on following me. There is a thing called privacy.

Ok wow... That's way too far! That's actually very creepy :/

I either smile politely and tell them in a snide way that I worked hard for it and I can reward myself with my own money not theres and I don't judge them with whatever they choose to spend their money or I just give them my resting b!tch face until they get the point and then walk off with my head held up high or I just ignore them and change the subject.