pawn shop finds - photos of your pawn shop treasures

Look forward to seeing!

Thanks everyone for the kind comments on my 5-stone.

I am not searching pawn shops right now because I have a ring on layaway, a beautiful marquise and I am trying not to see other things I like until I pay that off. I don't want to post photos until I pay it off either! It seems like I shouldn't put it up until it's actually on my finger. I won't be done paying until early next year! And of course lots could happen between then and now--there's many a slip between cup and lip, as the old people used to say!

Me and my mom went shopping about a month ago. She got a beautiful gold bracelet for $300. She also got diamond rings for herself and my niece, $70 apiece. They were beautiful rings, the old cut diamonds were only 15 pointers but they were in illusion settings that made them look much bigger and the rings were beautifully made. I'd say WWII era. I couldn't find anything similar selling on the web for less than $500.

Unfortunately I didn't take photos and my mom lives quite far away.

She has me looking out for a tennis bracelet for her now.

I do always go to the same shop where I am sure they do not 'fence' (accept stolen goods).

bye for now.

sounds gorgeous, black jade. i can't wait to see your ring once you get it off of layaway.

i am so tempted to get a tennis bracelet myself, because there are many of them at the local pawn shops here, but i'm holding back because i know one day i will get my mom's gorgeous yellow gold tennis bracelet. so for now, i'll just admire from afar.

in the meantime, i have been looking around every now and then (definitely not as often as i was before) and i even saw two stainless steel vintage rolexes that are exactly what i've been wanting at one pawn shop. i couldn't believe my eyes. any time i see a rolex, it's always a ladies' version and yellow gold mixed with SS, which is exactly what i don't want.

i am very adament on the stainless steel men's version and preferably a vintage—something very simple and non-blingy. but, i was being good and walked away from it since i am still unemployed and really shouldn't be thinking about buying a rolex at this point.

one day though.

oh, i have to believe there are tons. just whip out the yellow pages and take a look, and you can determine if you feel they're in a safe area or not. tbh, you'd be surprised how you can find really good stuff in the seediest of pawn shops. sad, but true.

I don't have pics unfortunately but I have to tell this story.
I went with my friend at the beginning of the summer to my favorite pawnship (where I still have that layaway mentioned above) because she was looking for an engagement ring. She's been married 30 years but never had an engagement ring because she eloped as a teenager.

We saw a beautiful ring with a center diamond of 1.25 carat, two additional side baguettes, I forget the specs exactly since it was 3 months ago, but I remember that they were good specs. I didn't know the cut, but it must be great because this is a SPARKLER. It was sparkling in the dim lights of the pawn shop. Anyway, she fell in love and asked her husband if she could have that ring. He bought it for her and within the return period went to an independent appraiser to see if it was worth the price he paid ($5,000). She told me yesterday that it came back appraised at $8,000.

She's very happy with her ring.

Just thought I'd log in to tell that story. I myself haven't bought anything for several thousands of dollars at the pawn shop (only several hundreds) so I was glad that she had such a happy ending to her story.

^^ I'll post some of the types a pieces that one of my regular dealers buys from me. He is a pawn shop owner and really enjoys carrying old Estate goods. My father and I pick up lots of large Estates and he is one of the first people I call.

An old Bracelet with french Hallmarks, early 1900's
attachment.php

1920's Diamond Chandeliers in 18K, Emerald & Diamond Chandeliers
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

WOW they r stunning!!!!!!! :nuts:

I don't have pics unfortunately but I have to tell this story.
I went with my friend at the beginning of the summer to my favorite pawnship (where I still have that layaway mentioned above) because she was looking for an engagement ring. She's been married 30 years but never had an engagement ring because she eloped as a teenager.

We saw a beautiful ring with a center diamond of 1.25 carat, two additional side baguettes, I forget the specs exactly since it was 3 months ago, but I remember that they were good specs. I didn't know the cut, but it must be great because this is a SPARKLER. It was sparkling in the dim lights of the pawn shop. Anyway, she fell in love and asked her husband if she could have that ring. He bought it for her and within the return period went to an independent appraiser to see if it was worth the price he paid ($5,000). She told me yesterday that it came back appraised at $8,000.

She's very happy with her ring.

Just thought I'd log in to tell that story. I myself haven't bought anything for several thousands of dollars at the pawn shop (only several hundreds) so I was glad that she had such a happy ending to her story.

wow...i love this story! that's an amazing deal. i only wish you could take a pic of her ring. think she'd let you? :graucho:

regardless, it sounds gorgeous and i love hearing stories like this where someone saved several thousand dollars on a gorgeous piece of jewelry.