PART 2 Come join the 50-ish-plus Club! (age, not # of bags)

Many years ago, my ex and I stayed in Carmel for a few days. It has to be at least 18 years, since we separated 17 years ago. We tried to get a hotel in Monterey, but nothing was available due to the jazz festival (I think). Carmel was just lovely...we enjoyed walking around and had some wonderful meals.
In the late 1970s, I was sent by a client to San Francisco. This was my first trip to the west coast, so I was very excited. I had some extra time, so I rented a car and drove down the coast to hike for a couple of days on Big Sur. And stopped for lunch in Carmel. Love at first sight!

Ten years later, after DH and I had been married a few years, I suggested we go there for a vacation.
DH: Carmel??? I'm from Boston! I hate California!
Me: Have you ever BEEN to California?
DH: No...
Me: That's nice. We're going to Carmel for our vacation.

We arrived in Carmel. Parked the rental car. Started strolled through the cute little village. And within five minutes he was looking around, a bemused expression on his face, saying "I LOVE California!" Uh huh. To give myself credit, I did NOT say "Toldya so." :coolio:

TBH...I never use my Birkin, I like something with a shoulder strap. I brought it down 2 weeks ago to remind myself to use it. I had to hook it on to the door handle so Dirty Harry wouldn't pee on it. :shocked:
I have to admit...it does look good with the coat!
I like shoulder strap (or, even better, cross body) bags best too. I did buy one arm-carry dome-shaped bag about five years ago, after I first joined tPF and started getting interested in handbags, but it turned out I never carried it. Fortunately, it wasn't expensive, and I ended up donating it to one of our local thrift shops. Lesson learned!

Reactions: skyqueen
TBH...I never use my Birkin, I like something with a shoulder strap. I brought it down 2 weeks ago to remind myself to use it. I had to hook it on to the door handle so Dirty Harry wouldn't pee on it. :shocked:
I have to admit...it does look good with the coat!

I never have my bags in the same room as the cats - some cats like to chew on leather.
Would you consider selling your B? It should be used it’s so beautiful.

In the late 1970s, I was sent by a client to San Francisco. This was my first trip to the west coast, so I was very excited. I had some extra time, so I rented a car and drove down the coast to hike for a couple of days on Big Sur. And stopped for lunch in Carmel. Love at first sight!

Ten years later, after DH and I had been married a few years, I suggested we go there for a vacation.
DH: Carmel??? I'm from Boston! I hate California!
Me: Have you ever BEEN to California?
DH: No...
Me: That's nice. We're going to Carmel for our vacation.

We arrived in Carmel. Parked the rental car. Started strolled through the cute little village. And within five minutes he was looking around, a bemused expression on his face, saying "I LOVE California!" Uh huh. To give myself credit, I did NOT say "Toldya so." :coolio:
I'm a native Californian and my mother was too. My father was from NYC. I grew up in the SF bay area. We used to go to Carmel a few times a year. My father played golf while we shopped. Then we would meet up for dinner. It was always so magical, even if it was a little cold.

i have a friend who is 96 and still has a passion to live her life. She gets her hair colored and permed, will only wear fire engine red nail polish, dresses cute, loves her expresso and watching TV. Also enjoys a drink every now and then. Enjoys restaurants and will tell you the most interesting stories about her life. It is truly amazing to be in her company. Age is just a number....