PART 2 Come join the 50-ish-plus Club! (age, not # of bags)

I’m not posting much at the moment I do read almost every day though :smile:
My dear husband at 49 years has been diagnosed with Cardia cancer with metastasis to the liver and lymph glands. Sadly it is very aggressive and progressive :wtf:
He started chemotherapy two days ago. Two days ago was also our 26th anniversary - that must be good luck right? :hbeat:

Cilifene my thoughts are with you and your husband for a good outcome!

CDM, another possibility is to sell some of the books through one of those textbook buyback sites, which also include Amazon. There are also textbook buy back comparison sites like bookscouter.com and buybacktextbooks.com. You just have to enter the ISBN number and they tell you who is buying that title and at what price. If the books are in good, pre-owned condition without too many marks or highlights, then they will take them. Not a lot of money per title (unless hardcover and recent editions) but they send you a pre-paid shipping label and you just box them all up and send them in all at once.
That is a great idea! When I was getting divorced 16 years ago, I had to pack up my whole house alone...former husband wasn’t granted access to the house unless my sons were there. Anyway...we had a LOT of books. I asked him to come look through them, but he did not. So...I packed them all up, and my brother helped me take them to a charity that allowed people to come and take books they liked...like a library, except they could keep what they wanted and return what they didn’t. I gave them 30 cartons of books and got a nice tax deduction as a bonus...the best part was someone took them and I didn’t have to do anything but box them up and load them in the truck!

Cilifene...joining all of the others sending best wishes for your dear husband. Take care of yourself while you are taking care of him...:hugs:

Thank you bisbee :hugs: I will, I do feel I need counseling very soon :shocked:

Clifene, I'm so very sorry to hear about your husband. I don't post often on this thread but have always loved your posts and your exquisite fashion sense. I will keep you both in my prayers.

Thanks youngster! always so kind :hugs:

Reactions: bisbee
My dear husband at 49 years has been diagnosed with Cardia cancer with metastasis to the liver and lymph glands. Sadly it is very aggressive and progressive :wtf:
He started chemotherapy two days ago. Two days ago was also our 26th anniversary - that must be good luck right? :hbeat:
Cilifine so sorry to hear this. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your husband. I am sending good healthy thoughts your way. It is definitely good luck and wishing you a good anniversary. Hugs Diane

Reactions: chessmont
No words, Dearheart. Just remember God works in mysterious ways.
Sending love, thoughts and prayers to you and dear DH :hugs: