PART 2 Come join the 50-ish-plus Club! (age, not # of bags)

Bon Voyage, C_D_M! Am I remembering correctly that this is a 3-week trip? Doing it just with carry-on is impressive! :tup:
Thanks, Elaine! We are getting down to the wire, leaving tomorrow. I am mostly done packing for myself, have a good start on hubby's suitcase but haven't touched my son's yet. We try to travel light whenever possible but will probably end up checking our luggage on our return trip. I will be recycling outfits and doing laundry as we go. Dd and I are packing duffles within our suitcases to bring home our treasures. :amuse:

Speaking of our daughter, she has an interview at LV today! They sped up the process to get her interview in before we leave tomorrow. She's excited. :smile:

Reactions: ElainePG
Thanks, Elaine! We are getting down to the wire, leaving tomorrow. I am mostly done packing for myself, have a good start on hubby's suitcase but haven't touched my son's yet. We try to travel light whenever possible but will probably end up checking our luggage on our return trip. I will be recycling outfits and doing laundry as we go. Dd and I are packing duffles within our suitcases to bring home our treasures. :amuse:

Speaking of our daughter, she has an interview at LV today! They sped up the process to get her interview in before we leave tomorrow. She's excited. :smile:
Have a wonderful trip! I can only admire you for taking carry ons only! I could not do this, but I know many out there function so well this way. And, if your daughter gets the position at LV, we will be anxious to know what type of discount she receives, and how extensive. The inner workings of the store revealed to us!!!

How wonderful Oreo! Happy Memorial Day to all and to all that gave the ultimate sacrifice to keep us free and safe!!!
I keep this picture of my parents in my living room...circa 1944. My Dad became a US citizen and fought for his beloved new country.
77th Division Corp. of Engineers. He had just come home. I love this picture!
Thank you Dad for your service and for being the BEST Dad (and Mom) in the world! I miss you both :heart:
View attachment 3713642
Love that pic, SQ. Beautiful! :heart:

Reactions: skyqueen
Hello everyone, I am new to the thread. :smile: 53 years old here. I am not going gray..my hair is trying to highlight itself with coarse white hairs. I don't care for that look, so my stylist maintains my natural color for me. Sometimes my natural color changes from dark auburn to lighter red depending on it's mood!
Welcome, Cocoabean! :wave:

My hair has lightened through the years from my repeated monthly colorings. According to my stylist, as long as I do it myself, there's not much I can do about that but everyone likes the color, it's just a little lighter than it used to be. I hate endless salon appointments of any kind (hair, nail, etc.) so when I can do something myself, I do, lol! :biggrin:

Anyway, I hope you will stop in often. As others have said, this is a very friendly and supportive group of women! :smile:

Have a wonderful trip! I can only admire you for taking carry ons only! I could not do this, but I know many out there function so well this way. And, if your daughter gets the position at LV, we will be anxious to know what type of discount she receives, and how extensive. The inner workings of the store revealed to us!!!
Thanks, Barbee! I'd love to hear more about your trip! What are the dates you'll be in Paris? We are there June 24-27. Just a short stop this time, long enough to do a little shopping and have some delicious meals. (Restaurant AG, La Cuisine de Philippe and Au Port du Salut are a few of my faves if you're in the St. Germain area and if you were interested in any of them, I'd make reservations. AG & Salut work with Open Table). Are you traveling anywhere else in France?

Edited to ask, do you buy your euros in the states or overseas? I went to the bank yesterday to buy euros. They charge about 4.5% so I paid $1.19 per euro. Turns out if you need more than 1000 euros you're supposed to call ahead. I don't remember that policy before. Luckily for me someone else had ordered euros and not been in to buy them so I was able to get what I needed.

My little BT is better today physically but she is struggling with fear. She is afraid to go out again which took months to get over when she was stung last summer. My husband found the nest of yellow jackets and took care of it. Not only is their sting dangerous but it hurts. I still feel horrible that I didn't see it happen. Now something has happened to her right eye so it is back we go to the vet. I also am going with my son to take his precious dog of 14 years to the vet tomorrow. He is not doing well and has a mass in his lung so it isn't good. It is the first time he has ever asked me to go with him so I know he expects the worse. Perhaps tomorrow won't be the day but I don't want my son by himself if it is.
I'm so sorry about both dogs Izzy ...:hugs:

Have a lovely trip dear CDM....

Reactions: can_do_mom
I don't know where else to post this question. I was poking around on Etsy and found some vintage Coach bags - from the 80s, when the leather was thick and like a saddle. Specifically, I was eyeing the City bags. Some appear to be in decent shape. I was wondering if it would be possible to clean the leather, restore it and make the bag look like-new again. Not new of course, but like-new. Perhaps with the darker leathers it would be easier?

I don't know where else to post this question. I was poking around on Etsy and found some vintage Coach bags - from the 80s, when the leather was thick and like a saddle. Specifically, I was eyeing the City bags. Some appear to be in decent shape. I was wondering if it would be possible to clean the leather, restore it and make the bag look like-new again. Not new of course, but like-new. Perhaps with the darker leathers it would be easier?

There is a Handbag Spa i UK - I've never used them though, but the pictures looks amazing:
https://thehandbagspa.com/before-and-after

Anyone else making the leap to retirement soon? I am 54 and plan to retire at 56 but I don't know what I want to do when I retire. I currently volunteer at the Smithsonian and for the National Park Service while I am still working Full Time but I wonder if it will be enough......My DH has so many hobbies and has a plan of what he wants to do in retirement....he is already there in his mind..... I am a real workaholic so I think it is going to be harder for me...

Reactions: ElainePG
Anyone else making the leap to retirement soon? I am 54 and plan to retire at 56 but I don't know what I want to do when I retire. I currently volunteer at the Smithsonian and for the National Park Service while I am still working Full Time but I wonder if it will be enough......My DH has so many hobbies and has a plan of what he wants to do in retirement....he is already there in his mind..... I am a real workaholic so I think it is going to be harder for me...

I envy you :nuts: I'm 58 and can't retire until I'm 63 ... :doh::P

Welcome to our happy home away from home. Passau. Wow....I would love to volunteer at the Smithsonian, what fun that must be!