PART 2 Come join the 50-ish-plus Club! (age, not # of bags)

can_do_mom - I watched for a while, then got tired and stopped. I did record it just in case anything happened that I would want to see...of course, it's all available on YouTube. I woke up to the news of the Best Picture snafu...I'll have to watch that! I'm glad though...I saw La La Land and enjoyed it - love musicals - but I didn't think it deserved Best Picture! I am glad it won for Best Song, and Emma Stone was good, but...I like her, so I guess I'm glad she won. :flowers:

Reactions: can_do_mom
can_do_mom - I watched for a while, then got tired and stopped. I did record it just in case anything happened that I would want to see...of course, it's all available on YouTube. I woke up to the news of the Best Picture snafu...I'll have to watch that! I'm glad though...I saw La La Land and enjoyed it - love musicals - but I didn't think it deserved Best Picture! I am glad it won for Best Song, and Emma Stone was good, but...I like her, so I guess I'm glad she won. :flowers:
Bisbee, who wouldn't have gotten tired? The Oscars dragged on forever! We hung in til the very end and saw the best pic snafu. Maybe I'm too sensitive but I felt horrible for the folks from La La Land. And for Warren Beatty and Faye Dunaway. Definitely a climactic ending to a too-long show! Gold/champagne colored dresses were the trend. Perhaps they were hoping to match their dress to a gold statue??? Did anyone else watch?

Bisbee, who wouldn't have gotten tired? The Oscars dragged on forever! We hung in til the very end and saw the best pic snafu. Maybe I'm too sensitive but I felt horrible for the folks from La La Land. And for Warren Beatty and Faye Dunaway. Definitely a climactic ending to a too-long show! Gold/champagne colored dresses were the trend. Perhaps they were hoping to match their dress to a gold statue??? Did anyone else watch?
So sick of the political banter...hard to watch! Stick with getting the show right, FTLOG! Felt terrible for La La Land..............
Perfect venue for blowing smoke up one's a$$!

Last edited:
Yes...I saw the entire debacle.