PART 2 Come join the 50-ish-plus Club! (age, not # of bags)

If I were doing it again, I'd probably buy the MM. The BB looks better on me, at my height, but it doesn't hold very much. So it's more of a "going out to dinner" bag. The MM would be better for everyday use.

The MM in marine/rouge is out of stock in the U.S.; is it available in Europe?

That’s what I thought regarding the size. It’s not in stock in Europe either I just have to wait. Actually I did have a black MM back in 2014 but now that I’m into colors I’m very curious about the navy/red - plus I’m going back to the styles I use to have :giggle::giggle::giggle:

Last edited:
CED091B7-7641-43B4-B974-F9736D850CE7.jpeg981E1E33-A9E6-470D-A9D3-6186B384FD4C.jpegF2855642-560A-4A8A-918F-0B1402914491.jpeg
Congrats :flowers: painted bags??
I restore handbags, so I took two bags that had stained/damaged areas and I painted them. Here is one I did that day...it was originally all camel. Loved the shape but it had flaking in the leather. I thought about donating it but decided to paint but instead. Now it is for sale!

CED091B7-7641-43B4-B974-F9736D850CE7.jpeg

981E1E33-A9E6-470D-A9D3-6186B384FD4C.jpeg

F2855642-560A-4A8A-918F-0B1402914491.jpeg

Hello fellow tPFers! I’ve been reading the last few pages of this thread...it sounds like you are all such wonderful supportive friends for each other!

I’ll be joining the club in a couple of months. For the past few years, I’d been contemplating how I wanted to mark this milestone...had hoped to go to Paris or a European cruise, but covid put the kibosh on that. Hopefully we’ll get to go in 2022 or 2023. In the meantime, I’ll be at home in British Columbia, Canada on the big day. Thinking of doing something a bit nutty....rainbow hidden hair! Am I crazy?!?

Ladies, how did you celebrate your big 5-0?

View attachment 5038678
I love the idea of the rainbow hair! Do whatever strikes your fancy! I remember going out to a very fancy dinner for my 50th...with my ex. He left 6 months later. Now I have another milestone coming up in about a month...70. I don’t anticipate doing anything other than getting curbside meals from one of my favorite restaurants (with my second husband.). But...that will be special enough!

• Love
Reactions: BowieFan1971
I got a tattoo! It's on my shoulder blade, so it's not visible. But I know it's there, and it makes me happy. :biggrin:

I think you should do whatever pleases you. I love the rainbow hidden hair… I had never heard of that before!

How fun to get a tattoo! I’ve gotten five over the past decade....all not visible unless I’m in a bikini....and I love them!

Just had mine in January and was not able to make it the event I wanted either because of Covid. So I did what I had never done before...my birthday was on a Monday so I had a birthday weekend! I did only what I wanted to do all weekend. I painted bags, gave myself an at home spa day, worked on a sewing project. I did not clean and I did not do dishes, though I did cook. It was great!

That sounds like a heavenly weekend! Happy birthday fellow 1971er!

How fun to get a tattoo! I’ve gotten five over the past decade....all not visible unless I’m in a bikini....and I love them!
I’ve got 7...some hidden, a few not. I got all of them after my parents were gone. Maybe I should consider one more for my 70th? I got one that says “long life” on my foot the day after I turned 51...

I’ve got 7...some hidden, a few not. I got all of them after my parents were gone. Maybe I should consider one more for my 70th? I got one that says “long life” on my foot the day after I turned 51...

7? Okay, I have to up my game:P Actually, maybe that’s what I should do instead of rainbow hair. I’ve been wanting to get a little whale tail on the nape of my neck....we spend most winters in Baja and in La Paz there is a statue of a dove/whale tail that I’ve always thought was a beautiful peace symbol.

On a bag note, I ordered a small Telfar shopping bag during their bag security program yesterday! I love the simplicity of it and the story behind the company.

379B1873-98D7-4529-9B78-91524C7BE35F.jpeg

7? Okay, I have to up my game:P Actually, maybe that’s what I should do instead of rainbow hair. I’ve been wanting to get a little whale tail on the nape of my neck....we spend most winters in Baja and in La Paz there is a statue of a dove/whale tail that I’ve always thought was a beautiful peace symbol.

On a bag note, I ordered a small Telfar shopping bag during their bag security program yesterday! I love the simplicity of it and the story behind the company.

View attachment 5040557
This statue is fabulous!!!

Reactions: Cilifene
Hi all! Hoping everyone is ok since I haven't seem a post from anyone since the end of March. YoYo sends his love. He's a handful but he's the best thing that's happened to me this year! To keep with the forum rules, I did purchase a Sherpa bag for YoYo two weeks ago. lol View attachment 5061564

View attachment 5061565

View attachment 5061566
So good to hear from you!

That photos of YoYo cracked me up. In the first one he looks like he's saying "Okay… now… how quickly can I chew through this?" But then in the second photo, he's all sweet and innocent. "Who, meeeeeeee?"

:lol: