PART 2 Come join the 50-ish-plus Club! (age, not # of bags)

With time on my hands and a big yarn stash, I've returned to my old hobby and am now knitting for charity. It's a great way to pass the time, plus it's a very good cause. But, since I knit in the living room, I got a little tired of seeing my project in a paper shopping bag (even though it was a shopping bag from an upscale department store). So off I trotted to Etsy.

I found this pretty tapestry bag from a very nice seller in Tennessee, who makes them by hand. I love the colors! They are a good match to my living room furniture. And the striped lining…

Screen Shot 2020-09-11 at 2.54.53 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-11 at 2.55.33 PM.png

With time on my hands and a big yarn stash, I've returned to my old hobby and am now knitting for charity. It's a great way to pass the time, plus it's a very good cause. But, since I knit in the living room, I got a little tired of seeing my project in a paper shopping bag (even though it was a shopping bag from an upscale department store). So off I trotted to Etsy.

I found this pretty tapestry bag from a very nice seller in Tennessee, who makes them by hand. I love the colors! They are a good match to my living room furniture. And the striped lining…

View attachment 4846827

View attachment 4846828
I love how the lining matches the outside! That is so wonderful of you to knit for charity! I wish I could, but with the brace still on my hand, I have limited movement without it causing me pain.

Hi everyone! I am still in and out of hospitals- I am actually waiting to be admitted into my 3rd hospital for the same thing!! My small bowel blockage has really messed up my GI tract!
Sending virtual hugs to all of you as we are still in this pandemic nightmare!!
So sorry to hear about this, @Passau . This would be bad news even at the best of times, but in the middle of a pandemic…

Sending an on-line hug back to you, dear. :hugs:

View attachment 4846827

View attachment 4846828

I LOVE the knitting bag Elaine! :tup: One of my favorite parts of knitting was always the knitting bags. When I was in high school there was a brief fad for girls to carry knitting bags as purses. You know those big lumpy calico bags with the wooden dowels. In a spasm of nostalgia (and pining for my youth) I hunted for such a bag a few years back, but the ones at the local craft store looked pathetic. I did find something from Betsey Johnson which evoked the feeling (including the illusion of youth relived) so that was good enough.

I love your bag! Especially the colors.

I love how the lining matches the outside! That is so wonderful of you to knit for charity! I wish I could, but with the brace still on my hand, I have limited movement without it causing me pain.

I'm sorry Oreo! What happened to your hand? It is really tough to get by with an aching hand. Sending you hugs!

Hi everyone! I am still in and out of hospitals- I am actually waiting to be admitted into my 3rd hospital for the same thing!! My small bowel blockage has really messed up my GI tract!
Sending virtual hugs to all of you as we are still in this pandemic nightmare!!

Oh no, Passau! How awful! Please take care of yourself and remember your friends on TPF are thinking of you and wishing you the best. More cyberhugs! :flowers:

Reactions: ElainePG

View attachment 4846827

View attachment 4846828
I love the colors on this bag!

Reactions: ElainePG
Hi BigPurseSue. I have a sagittal band tear which I am waiting to be operated on after things calm down (pandemic-wise). I also have the beginning of a condition called Dupuytren's Contracture which for now is in a non-active stage, but I do have a big nodule in the palm of my hand which I have under control with quarterly steroid injections. Hopefully it won't progress, but "ya never know"...

I LOVE the knitting bag Elaine! :tup: One of my favorite parts of knitting was always the knitting bags. When I was in high school there was a brief fad for girls to carry knitting bags as purses. You know those big lumpy calico bags with the wooden dowels. In a spasm of nostalgia (and pining for my youth) I hunted for such a bag a few years back, but the ones at the local craft store looked pathetic. I did find something from Betsey Johnson which evoked the feeling (including the illusion of youth relived) so that was good enough.
That Betsey Johnson one sounds very cute. Do you still have it? I just virtual-trotted off to her web site and there are a few totes there that would have tempted me, had I not found this one on Etsy. There's one with stripes and flowers, and a BRIGHT pink interior. Nostalgia for sure! :biggrin:

Reactions: BigPurseSue
Hi BigPurseSue. I have a sagittal band tear which I am waiting to be operated on after things calm down (pandemic-wise). I also have the beginning of a condition called Dupuytren's Contracture which for now is in a non-active stage, but I do have a big nodule in the palm of my hand which I have under control with quarterly steroid injections. Hopefully it won't progress, but "ya never know"...
Just looked both of these conditions up… ouch. :sad: In fact, double-ouch. :sad: :sad: They must really limit you in terms of what you're able to do. And I'm guessing all of this is going on in your dominant hand?

• Sad
Reactions: oreo713