PART 2 Come join the 50-ish-plus Club! (age, not # of bags)

I'm not watching television news any more. I'm limiting myself to 15 minutes twice a day on line, just reading the newspaper I've read for years. And I have the link to my county's public health office, if there's anything local I think I ought to track, but I don't do it every day.

Today DH and I went for a neighborhood walk. There's a shelter in place order for our county, but you can go outside to get exercise as long as you don't congregate in groups. We saw a few other people out walking, including some very elderly people moving along with their walkers. I thought that was GREAT! :tup:

We made sure to keep our distance, but we smiled and waved, and said "Isn't it a gorgeous day" to everyone we passed. So far, spirits seem to be good here in our little coastal community. :smile:
Our county won't issue the shelter in place order even though we get a new case every day. It's got me worried. We're doing it anyway but we'll have to do it much longer than we would have if everyone was doing it.
Thanks Elaine, I am still feeling such guilt over it but it will be a real problem for me if I catch it. My DH is on work at home as is my son. Hard to adjust to that when only going out for necessities. Thank you for your good thoughts about my DD. I was reading some medical information and it said pregnant women were at serious risk to this virus. Just hard to cope emotionally when your children are in danger.
We never stop worrying about our children. My prayers that your daughter and her baby will make it through this unscathed.

Our county won't issue the shelter in place order even though we get a new case every day. It's got me worried. We're doing it anyway but we'll have to do it much longer than we would have if everyone was doing it.

We never stop worrying about our children. My prayers that your daughter and her baby will make it through this unscathed.
Thank you so much, whateve. It means a lot to have prayers on her behalf and the medical community on the whole.

Thanks dear! I’m really very glad with the Puzzle.
Laughing at your nose to your laptop :lol: Yes, two different feathers, an angle, and a scull made of coral - a few others.

All from my fav jeweler. The picture is from before I got my heart.

Excuse the dirty background :facepalm:

View attachment 4693567

The feathers remind me of some of Ole Lynggaard’s feathers - got a couple in blackened silver and am of course in love with his whole Nature series - I’m on my iPhone so can’t see yours properly but assume they are the same:smile:

Reactions: Cilifene
Thanks Elaine, I am still feeling such guilt over it but it will be a real problem for me if I catch it. My DH is on work at home as is my son. Hard to adjust to that when only going out for necessities. Thank you for your good thoughts about my DD. I was reading some medical information and it said pregnant women were at serious risk to this virus. Just hard to cope emotionally when your children are in danger.
You MUST protect yourself. Hospitals will be well over capacity, so you're not being selfish. By staying healthy, you will be saving resources for those who get sick.

Stay safe… be well.

Cilifene,not only do I love your bag ( I almost bought one myself) but I adore the necklace. You look marvelous as well! I purchased a black Ferragamo two weeks ago after I sold my LV. Can't believe I sold that bag but I was having trouble with smudges of the beautiful leather. I had a friend talk me into selling my Alexander McQueen box bag (in red) and I have mixed feelings about giving it up. Again, you look so good and I love both your goodies!

Thanks Izzy! ❤️

Hi, @oreo713 :wave:. We're sheltering in place, only going outside for neighborhood walks. Went to the grocery store last week, but won't be going again for the foreseeable future.

How are you doing? Are you able to visit with your family via Skype or FaceTime? Is everyone well? Thinking of you at this difficult time. :hugs:

Hi Elaine...Been sheltering in place also, but I try to get outside everyday (weather permitting) for a long walk or a bicycle ride. Yesterday I walked to see my grandchildren (face time wasn't enough for me) and since it was a beautiful day, we spent some time, adhering to the six feet of separation social distancing rule, in their large backyard so I could watch them play. I needed some normalcy in my life since my life has been anything but normal for quite some time.
It gets very lonely being alone. I wouldn't choose this option if I had a choice, but it is what it is.
Hoping all is well with you an yours. It's going to be a very strange Passover holiday methinks......
Take care of yourselves. :hugs:

Hi Elaine...Been sheltering in place also, but I try to get outside everyday (weather permitting) for a long walk or a bicycle ride. Yesterday I walked to see my grandchildren (face time wasn't enough for me) and since it was a beautiful day, we spent some time, adhering to the six feet of separation social distancing rule, in their large backyard so I could watch them play. I needed some normalcy in my life since my life has been anything but normal for quite some time.
It gets very lonely being alone. I wouldn't choose this option if I had a choice, but it is what it is.
Hoping all is well with you an yours. It's going to be a very strange Passover holiday methinks......
Take care of yourselves. :hugs:
I'm so glad you were able to see your grandchildren in their backyard. That must have been a spirit-lifter.
Yes, Passover will be strange this year. I can't visualize how it can be done virtually. Though there are a lot of creative people out there making good use of the Internet. Musicians putting free performances on line, radio stations broadcasting from their homes, and so on. Even just singing the Passover songs together via FaceTime would uplifting. Too bad there's no way to share virtual chicken soup! :amuse:

Reactions: whateve
Thank you my friends. It has been a tough year. I don't know where I left off, but to make a very long story very short, diabetes, foot amputation, heart failure, kidney failure, hypertension, etc, etc took it's toll on my husband, and he is finally at peace 'and out of pain.

Sorry ladies. I did try to multi-quote but I never did get the hang of doing it.

I'm so sorry for your loss, Oreo...

Oh Cilifene I am so sorry! I have not been here in weeks and weeks. I thought of you and your DH while I was "away." I cannot imagine the depth of your sadness.

Thank you very much chessmont!!! :hugs: Finally the stone and pebbles are in place. I got a black stone with white inscription and white/grey pebbles...

Very monochrome as we like/liked it ... he would love my choice...

:heart:

D55E42FE-0FF1-4FC6-9684-DD3DF3C6F192.jpeg