paraty - what do you love & hate about it?

duckiee

O.G.
Mar 6, 2008
i fell in love with the paraty after checking one out at the boutique... just wondering for those with one (or several.. :P) what do you love and hate about it?

i'm mostly a bal or chanel girl.... wondering how's the leather for chloe, as delicate as bal? also, is the paraty heavy? is it easy to get in and out of? i'm looking at the medium paraty!

Not delicate Chloe bags are much more hard wearing. I don't find mine heavy. The opening at the top is a little on the small but I love it. I just bought my second. I love it's structure and the quality. Good luck!

just got my first one last month. wore it almost every day ! the only part i don't like too much is the shoulder strap. the shoulder strap is very stiff so it doesn't look relax when i am trying to use just the handles. kind of like i do't know where to place the strap. and since the area that connects to the bag isn't like a metal piece it doesnt bend easily. aside from that i love the bag ! i hope i make sense.

I just bought my first Paraty a few weeks ago after lusting for it for 3 years. I. Love. This. Bag. The size is great - not too big, not too small. I don't find it heavy at all, and it's especially comfy on the shoulder.

It's very versatile in that it can go with both dressy and casual outfits. And the leather is pretty darn durable - doesn't require major babying at all.

My only beef would also be with the shoulder strap. It isn't the easiest to maneuver between wearing it on the shoulder or having it hang down while hand held...you have to kind of flip it (hard to explain!). My hope is as it breaks in more that will be less stiff.

In all, I'm thrilled with it and it lives up to the 3 years of hype I built up while wanting it. I just stare at it and sigh...so dang pretty. ;)

I love my paratys!! The leather is durable and since you are a bal girl too...weight is comparable to giant hardware city...I don't find it heavy. And I have had no issues with fading nor have I heard of any issues. I agree with eehlers that the only thing is the stupid strap can only seem to flip down one way (again hard to explain). But all in all LOOOVE!

I have owned my medium Paraty since April and use her daily. I totally understand when Eehlers says she looks at her Paraty and sighs - she's just a lovely bag to look at! The leather is great, durable yet beautiful looking. You can use her three ways (handles, cross body, and shoulder). Her shoulder strap has a great design feature in the the part that hits against the shoulder is flat (ingenious). Her shape is unique. She is a little heavier than other bags I've used but I can comfortably carry my sunnies, a full sized wallet, a large pouch with makeup, keys, etc, and my cell. Her top is a little small but I have no problem getting this in and out of the bag. I have recently noticed that the hardwear is leaving slight grooves on the raised "tubing" portion they fall on so I'm trying to be gentle when I set her down. But I definitely take her everywhere and she looks like new! I also love that she seems to go with anything I wear. It's obvious I'm a fan :smile: The hardest part was deciding on a color!

I love my paraty. My favorite bag ever. Very well made. Very chic, unique, ladylike & versatile. I take mine out just to stare at it! I do agree about the long strap, it seems to get kind of tangled or twisted & you have to actually fix to so that it hangs well, but, honestly, that is a small issue that I will happily live with!

Show us pictures when you get yours!

I have one in wood and LOVE IT. There's something about the shape that makes it so nice to carry by the short handles. It's unlike any other bag out there and so durable that it's the only bag I'll use on a rainy day (carefully, but still). I, too stare at her sometimes and sigh. I agree with others about the shoulder strap, but I don't care!

I am a big fan of the Paraty - I have both the small & medium sizes. I also had a large for awhile, but it was just too big for me. The only thing that I would change is to have a detachable shoulder strap. Due to its stiffness, the shoulder strap can hang a bit awkwardly at times. The leather is much more durable than Balenciaga and I've not noticed any fading yet on any of my Paraty bags. I have the red, eggplant and cyclamen colors. I've been pondering the new Orange or Peacock, too!

I find the small is perfect for everyday - I can fit a (balenciaga zipped) wallet, brush, iphone, cosmetic case (bal pencil), sunglasses and have a bit extra room for whatever else i might need. I think the Paraty is easier for me on an everyday basis than the Marcie.

Not delicate Chloe bags are much more hard wearing. I don't find mine heavy. The opening at the top is a little on the small but I love it. I just bought my second. I love it's structure and the quality. Good luck!

^^ Agree with woody! I have only one Paraty, with the smooth calf leather, but it is very durable and resistant to scratches. It's very slowly starting to soften up and break-in, but on this particular style I am okay with the structured look.

Sometimes it is difficult to dig around the Paraty because the opening is more narrow than the base of the bag. But I can easily fit two wallets, two iPhones, a Bal CP and my iPad in the bag - so it has plenty of space! As long as I know where everything is at, it's easy to get what I need when I need it.

My only "complaint" about the Paraty is that dust tends to settle in the piping detail. I find myself wiping out the piping with a damp cloth every time I take my Paraty out of its dust cover.

today i went to new york city for a daytrip with my family & was caught in the rain with my caramel paraty & no damage whatsoever! it looks perfect! it was not a downpour, but still got wet. some of my other bags would have had watermarks. this bag was so comfortable to carry around with the long strap all day long. love it!