Paddington or Balencia Motorcycle Bag???

Irissy said:
There was an article about NAP awhile ago and someone started a thread about it too. I just remember reading about NAP trying to get an account with Balenciaga too. I'm excited and I'm pretty sure NAP will get it eventually since the got Chloe already. :amuse:

Ohh, haha, I posted two of those from WWD. I just didnt know if there was more updated info on that. Thanks.

I am actually going to the Balenciaga store tomorrow to (hopefully) purchase a motorcycle bag. I called the store and was told that the Spring 2006 bags were due to arrive this week. I was told the Spring 2006 colors are: white, grey, ink, royal blue, olive green, pale rose, and lilac. I don't think you can go wrong with either bag. They are both grrrrreat, but my preference would be the Balenciaga. Whatever bag you decide to invest in, enjoy!

Can someone post a picture of the Balenciaga motorcycle bag? I've been looking online to see what they look like but can't find anyone who has them.

Kat said:
I am actually going to the Balenciaga store tomorrow to (hopefully) purchase a motorcycle bag. I called the store and was told that the Spring 2006 bags were due to arrive this week. I was told the Spring 2006 colors are: white, grey, ink, royal blue, olive green, pale rose, and lilac. I don't think you can go wrong with either bag. They are both grrrrreat, but my preference would be the Balenciaga. Whatever bag you decide to invest in, enjoy!

Thanks for letting us know the Spring 2006 colors. Now I want the royal blue! :love:

Actually, the Burgundy color is spectacular as well (from the Fall 2005 timeframe).

A word of warning to those of you who might not have B-Bags yet, but are considering them ...

Bags that are lighter in color (e.g., White, Rose, etc.) will get
stained a lot easier and will show the 'wear' a lot easier. I love
my Seaform Voyage/Weekender (the leather on this bag is really
superb), but it didn't take too long before that baby showed it's
usage whereas my Black Voyage still looks new!).

Bob Ellis in Charleston has both Chloe and Balenciaga bags...quite a few of both. They have some 07 bags in stock now. Go online to view their site but you have to register your email and they will send you a private link to view these bags, also includes Prada, Gucci, and others. Bill Dowling is a fab SA and will email you additional photos and answer questions regarding any bag you're interested in. They have a very genorous return policy. I bought my first Bal Twiggy from him and he was an enormous help choosing the perfect bag for me. Ask for him! Bob Ellis Shoes :yes:

I dont really see a new BIG hit on the market these days that would become a classic like motorcycle or paddy :confused1: but then what do i know ? :crybaby:

im after buying two dior gauchos this month and i think that they are fantastic addition to any collection ...maybe less feminine/sexy than paddy, but still kinda independent/sexy type - and guess what i love them so much already im thinking of getting the metallic one ! :wlae:

I recall that Issmom summed it up best, and I really think it's true, just think of it as what you're getting first, and that eventually you'll have both.

This is so true! I think everyone needs at least one paddy and one b-bag. They are such amazing bags in their own right, and serve very different purposes. They will both be around for a long time to come because they each have a cult like following (yes, I am a crazed follower of both:wtf::P). So just enjoy and take your time because you will end up with one of each eventually, especially if you stay on tPF long enough. This place is so dangerous!:graucho: