P.S. - Let's Chat!!

It's my first Proenza Schouler bag (I'm a diehard Balenciaga City and Mulberry Alexa fan, and now just recently converted to PS1 as well), and I can't wait to build up my collection!
We like the same styles. I went through a Mulberry OS Alexa phase. My Balenciaga collection is made up of Works and a Part-Time but I recently pre-ordered my very first City (metallic edge). Proenza Schouler is currently my favorite. I have only owned PS1s (Large, XL, Tote, and Pochette) but the other styles look cute too. I'm a big fan of compartments and exterior pockets.

I just love to find out more about my bags including the colour, collection, etc. Thanks for the info! Have been carrying her nonstop for the past week and she's a dream!
I agree with you. I HAVE to know the color and prefer to know the year...especially with Bals. I have a few older PS1s that maybe I will post one day and see if Elliespurse can give me a year on...she's the best. :smile:

We like the same styles. I went through a Mulberry OS Alexa phase. My Balenciaga collection is made up of Works and a Part-Time but I recently pre-ordered my very first City (metallic edge). Proenza Schouler is currently my favorite. I have only owned PS1s (Large, XL, Tote, and Pochette) but the other styles look cute too. I'm a big fan of compartments and exterior pockets.

I agree with you. I HAVE to know the color and prefer to know the year...especially with Bals. I have a few older PS1s that maybe I will post one day and see if Elliespurse can give me a year on...she's the best. :smile:

YES! I need lots of organization in my bags and that's one of the reasons I love PS so much. All the pockets, yes yes! I love my Bal Cities with my life but the lack of pockets frustrates me to no end, same with Mulberry Alexa. When using those I have to use a lot of smaller pouches to organize my things, otherwise I'm just digging my hands into a big bucket. Right now though, these 3 (Bal City, Mulberry Alexa, PS1) are my favourite. Love the slouchiness and the variety of colours, and how light they are.

I love knowing the whole history of my bags too! For pre-loved ones, I'm also interested in knowing why the owner is parting with it and how they came to love it to buy it in the first place, stuff like that. :smile:

View attachment 3565495

My first Proenza Schouler bag, PS1 in burgundy. It's quickly rising up the ranks to become one of my favourite bags. Hard to believe that a week ago I didn't have her yet because I can't live without her now! One of the most convenient/versatile bag ever.

Since getting this practically new pre-loved PS1, I've been using it everywhere, everyday. The leather is divine to the touch and the colour is amazing! However, today I was having a bit of a trouble closing the buckle which I thought was kind of odd since closing/opening this bag had always been smooth. I looked down and saw that the pin inside the buckle was poking out! This wasn't there before. I couldn't even push the pin back into the buckle and had to wait until I got home and pushed it back with a hammer. Basically for the whole day I had a half-opened bag. So disappointed :sad: I had read many posts about Proenza Schouler quality issues but I guess I was hoping I could be lucky and my bag wouldn't have those problems? I guess this will be my first and last Proenza Schouler, as much as I love this bag. Don't want to have to deal with all these problems again with another PS :sad: this is sad as I was actually contemplating on getting my second PS1 soon.

^^ afroken - I am sorry to hear about the problem with your PS1. If you love the bag then I wouldn't give up on the brand. I have owned many PS1s (old and new) and have yet to have a problem. Maybe I'm lucky. I will say that I don't open and close the flap a lot. I tend to either leave the bag open...or put essential items in the back zippered pocket. :flowers:

I got this for around 1130 dollars. However, im going to new york this summer. I have checked the retail prices and it was listed at 1780 dollars on the website. Should I wait and buy it my self at the actual store in newyork? do you think there's any chance that I could get it lower than 1130

Is this a medium black PS1? There is currently one listed on ****** for $1196 and then there is an additional 25% off coupon code: 25MONDAY...making it $897.
http://campaign.r20.constantcontact...02521&ca=bb2423d6-0932-4cdd-8f05-c81d624c9110

There are great Memorial Day sales on PS bags. Keep an eye on the PS website and the PS forum "Shopping Finds" thread. Barneys and FARFETCH usually have good markdowns.
Check the "Deals & Steals" forum for sales and SA contact info.
https://forum.purseblog.com/forums/deals-steals.9/

I haven't really looked into PS bags since I bought a PS1 wallet many years ago. Recently, I went to check out the range and I'm really surprised by the pricing, especially for the Hava Crossbody, which caught my eye. Length: 6.5" Width: 2.5" Height: 5" - essentially the size of a "Wallet on Chain" and the most basic plain leather ones start from US$1250. I could get something in a similar style/size from more established brands like Gucci, Saint Laurent, Givenchy or Fendi for around the same price, plus a (generally) higher resale value.

Did I just happen to like one of the more overpriced styles or do you find that this is the case across the range? I honestly was browsing PS because I wanted to find a well made, higher-end quality bag without an overly expensive designer price tag but when I saw how much this was, I literally went "Who do they think they are??" :amazed:

H00347-C167P~2069~PRODUCT_01--IMG_1366--HavaCrossbody-1802029487.jpg

hi ladies, could you tell me where i can find some photo of comparison between PS1 small/tiny and medium, i did use search engine here but not that i can find :sad:
TIA

Hello PS family,
I really need help to choose the colour for PS1 which I saw on sale @their webs now only the colours I like dark teal and dark blue it wasn't navy colour, The price also below the max import tax into the country I live.(700$ USD)
I never seen this colour before and I was looking for military green for PS1, but the price is over my budget for this year my handbags allowance)
If any infos where to find the best price for PS1 now , I really appreciated for all helps ,
The only green colour bag I have only one from FLP, my mum said the dark teal also look good, and I already bought navy Or dark blue Chanel tote this year, I just need a crossbody bag ( fit my Ipad air )and easy to wear when I taking my mum for outing,
I only can do online shopping now while Im on recovery from surgeries a day before Xmas , now I need something for my bday and Xmas present to make me feel better and speedy recovery,
Thanks so much for any reply ,
Happy Holiday for you all ❤️

EL16 - I own a dark teal PS1 and would have to say that the color really isn't teal. I found the picture below online and it is pretty accurate. I also own a military PS1...it is the one with silver hardware so it has a lot of grey in it unlike the one with gold/brass hardware. Unfortunately, I can't help with the blues. I have only seen midnight and wasn't a fan.

What style are you shopping for? The Pouch/Mini or the Tiny?

PS1 Tiny Dark Teal.jpg

EL16 - I own a dark teal PS1 and would have to say that the color really isn't teal. I found the picture below online and it is pretty accurate. I also own a military PS1...it is the one with silver hardware so it has a lot of grey in it unlike the one with gold/brass hardware. Unfortunately, I can't help with the blues. I have only seen midnight and wasn't a fan.

What style are you shopping for? The Pouch/Mini or the Tiny?

View attachment 3919437
Thanks for your reply, @cathead87, I need a medium size PS1 so I can carry my Ipad air, and wallet,
Is that picture you showed me are the same bag with the one with the one in the PS website now?
May I see your bag when its closed?thanks for your time to reply me,
Im not into a very bright colour bag now,
I must buy it before the sale ending ( I wasn't sure when),