Over Stuffer's Anonymous......

Are you a

• OVER STUFFER ~ everything & the kitchen sink!

• Light Packer ~ just the essentials!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shoebaglady

~Totes & Pockets~
Oct 5, 2011
I was at a friends house for afternoon tea last week. She picked up my sophia to admire it and said that my bag was really heavy :wondering and asked what I carry in there!

IT made me reevaluate what I carry and if I really used everything that was in my bag. I always packed my bag with things that I need or may need during the day but found I didn't use many of the things I carried.

Here are my before and after photo's. I decided that I would lighten my load and it feels great! I really had to decide what were true essentials.

Does anyone else OVER STUFF their handbags so they are super heavy??? or Are you a light packer?

Last edited:
what if you go on let's make a deal...i bet you threw out the $1K winning item today!

i'm somewhere between light and over stuff.

sometimes i just carry a tote and a purse, problems extinguished

I voted Light Packer because I do try to carry only necessities (well if 2 cosmetic bags can be counted as necessary! One just for my lippies...) but in reality my purse is very heavy because in my zeal to be organized, every little thing has it's own accessory. So my purse is beautifully organized, and weighs a ton.

The extended battery supply for my Kindle Fire is one heavy mofo!

LOL! I admit it . I am a overstuffer. But I tell you one thing, in an emergency I will be the only one prepared.

:roflmfao: I love this ~ makes me want to re-pack my bag!!!!

Of course i am .... Thus so many issues with maggie:smile:

me too........ I'm glad you got it to work for you! :cool:

what if you go on let's make a deal...i bet you threw out the $1K winning item today!

i'm somewhere between light and over stuff.

sometimes i just carry a tote and a purse, problems extinguished

I'm a stay at home mom so I can't justify carrying more than one bag.....but it sure is tempting! ;)

I voted Light Packer because I do try to carry only necessities (well if 2 cosmetic bags can be counted as necessary! One just for my lippies...) but in reality my purse is very heavy because in my zeal to be organized, every little thing has it's own accessory. So my purse is beautifully organized, and weighs a ton.

The extended battery supply for my Kindle Fire is one heavy mofo!

My handbags are beautifully organized as well. Everything has it's own little pouch!!
I used to lug around my Playbook and iTouch....but they add so much weight! :smile:

Great thread, I usually end up doing a weekly clean out and thin down, it just seems to pile up during the week on me, today I found 4 chapsticks in my purse, crazy! I just need one, and I never really use them except in the winter time.

I will say TPF has taught me to organize better, like using cosmetics bags, and small wristlets to put things in, makes it easier to "flip" my contents into another purse easy too!

sthoreso11 said:
Great thread, I usually end up doing a weekly clean out and thin down, it just seems to pile up during the week on me, today I found 4 chapsticks in my purse, crazy! I just need one, and I never really use them except in the winter time.

I will say TPF has taught me to organize better, like using cosmetics bags, and small wristlets to put things in, makes it easier to "flip" my contents into another purse easy too!

This happens to me too! I somehow just collect things through the week that make it into my purse and then never seem to make it back out again

I will say TPF has taught me to organize better, like using cosmetics bags, and small wristlets to put things in, makes it easier to "flip" my contents into another purse easy too![/QUOTE]

Me too! It's made having so many bags easier and the process of switching bags a breeze!:cool:

My sister always comments "this bag is butt heavy" every time she picks up my bags. Even my mini sofia, so WTH how heavy can that bag be?? Apparently I carry too much crap since she also calls my bags "Hermoine's bag"...

But I don't want to downsize. I do at least use wristlets, cosmetic bags and those "kisslock thingys" there was a thread about. I need to carry every item in my purse... I have to be prepared for every single emergency from tampons to powerbars and bandaids in case of a paper cut b/c those suck. Gotta have it all with me all the time...maybe I just like saving the day when someone asks for advil or hand sanitizer, but I seem to be compelled to have it all with me at all times!:biggrin:

My bags are considered heavy to most of the U.S. population. However, if I take something out, I can guarantee you I will need that item within 2 hours! So I have given up trying to downsize. All my goodies are in wristlets, cosmetic bag, wallet, etc. I despise loose things in the bottom of my bag. So it's organized, but I'm the one you want around when you have a headache, need "girl" items, dental floss, hand sanitizer or tweezers for that sliver or that little hair that poped up in a place it shouldn't be on a girl!!!!

My sister always comments "this bag is butt heavy" every time she picks up my bags. Even my mini sofia, so WTH how heavy can that bag be?? Apparently I carry too much crap since she also calls my bags "Hermoine's bag"...

But I don't want to downsize. I do at least use wristlets, cosmetic bags and those "kisslock thingys" there was a thread about. I need to carry every item in my purse... I have to be prepared for every single emergency from tampons to powerbars and bandaids in case of a paper cut b/c those suck. Gotta have it all with me all the time...maybe I just like saving the day when someone asks for advil or hand sanitizer, but I seem to be compelled to have it all with me at all times!:biggrin:

You've ruined me MedtechCarol! Ruined!!! :roflmfao: going to go re-pack my bag with everything I took out of it now....... I always figured that the day I didn't bring everything with me is the day I need something I've omitted from my bag. It's true...I do need it all!

Oh had to comment, wristlet twins LOL! And the what's that a beaver? SO CUTE! :biggrin:

Love the colour of orchid patent! Yes, that is a beaver! I got it from Roots about a month ago and it matches the bag well. It makes me smile :biggrin:

My bags are considered heavy to most of the U.S. population. However, if I take something out, I can guarantee you I will need that item within 2 hours! So I have given up trying to downsize. All my goodies are in wristlets, cosmetic bag, wallet, etc. I despise loose things in the bottom of my bag. So it's organized, but I'm the one you want around when you have a headache, need "girl" items, dental floss, hand sanitizer or tweezers for that sliver or that little hair that poped up in a place it shouldn't be on a girl!!!!

Yup....another one to convince me to reconsider my down sizing of items I carry.....as I type, I'm putting back my pill case, polysporin, full assault of make up, hair ties and lipbalm.....brush......oh dear.....:lol: