Over Stuffer's Anonymous......

Are you a

• OVER STUFFER ~ everything & the kitchen sink!

• Light Packer ~ just the essentials!

Results are only viewable after voting.
I recently downsized what I carry because the weight was really getting to me and I realized that for most outings, I didn't need half of what I carried! BUT, one thing I can't seem to do without is a bottle of water, and that seems to double the weight of my bag by itself! Anyone else have this, um, issue?

I take a bottle of water with me too but I just can't bring myself to put it in my purse for fear of leakage.

BAHAHA!! I have the full assault, too LOL... my tshirt MIGHT have a starbucks stain on it and my sharpie maybe leaked through my scrubs pocket, but I have 3 kinds of eyeliner and a rainbow of lipgloss to ensure at least if I'm a mess...that I'm a HOT mess!

I actually pulled out aloe vera the other day for a friend of mine who apparently fell asleep at the pool...she was like WTH you have aloe vera in your purse? Well DUH doesn't everyone???

I try and I try and I try to get the cosmetics out of the bag, because truth be told, I RARELY do anything to my face after I leave the house except freshen up my lipcolor.

Lippies are my downfall. Right this moment - navy chevron cosmetic case, with Rosebud salve, 8 Hour cream stick, 3 lip pencils, 1 lipstick, 2 lip stains and 5 lipglosses,and 2 mirrored palettes - one with 8 shades of lipstick, 1 with 3 shades of gloss. I could fit more but I cleaned it out a week ago!

I want to be a minimalist, but it's a constant battle when my purse acts as a vortex, sucking everything close by inside.

VORTEX!!!! :roflmfao: I know what you mean! It's like a black hole.
I hate losing things......in my handbag!!!

I recently downsized what I carry because the weight was really getting to me and I realized that for most outings, I didn't need half of what I carried! BUT, one thing I can't seem to do without is a bottle of water, and that seems to double the weight of my bag by itself! Anyone else have this, um, issue?

I used to be this way until I realized that it will always be Murphy's Law for me. I bring water - no one is thirsty for the duration of our outing. I don't bring water, someone needs it 5 minutes after we've left the house......I've given up! :biggrin:

I try and I try and I try to get the cosmetics out of the bag, because truth be told, I RARELY do anything to my face after I leave the house except freshen up my lipcolor.

Lippies are my downfall. Right this moment - navy chevron cosmetic case, with Rosebud salve, 8 Hour cream stick, 3 lip pencils, 1 lipstick, 2 lip stains and 5 lipglosses,and 2 mirrored palettes - one with 8 shades of lipstick, 1 with 3 shades of gloss. I could fit more but I cleaned it out a week ago!

:amazed: < insert long drawn out "wow" here>

How'd you get all of that to fit in there? Lippies are my kryptonite too. I have to have 2-3 on me at all times. My collection at home is like a store front all neatly organzied and It's the one thing I won't leave my house wearing!

I used to carry "everyhing I just might need!" in my bag, and I probably still carry too much - but since I have started walking to and from the train station to go to work, the weight of the bag has become a major issue.

I now carry a lighter wallet and key chain and I still use accessories to organize but I consider every item in my purse in terms of its potential "weight contribution!"

I have found that I can live without a lot of stuff that I used to carry out of habit. I have also learned to stash some items in my car if I probably won;t need them at work. That isn't the most convenient solution but I can still get at the item when I want it!

Water is an issue, it is getting hot again and I will need water for my walk. I usually keep a bottle in my (light-weight vera bradley) lunch tote that I keep in my wheeled computer bag but I am going to go to the sports stores to look for a convenient bottle that won't harm my bag or my back! Maybe something that clips on to my computer bag.

:amazed: < insert long drawn out "wow" here>

How'd you get all of that to fit in there? Lippies are my kryptonite too. I have to have 2-3 on me at all times. My collection at home is like a store front all neatly organzied and It's the one thing I won't leave my house wearing!

Oh.

Well....

That's my other major obsession - makeup. But not just any makeup, oh no. Bare Escentuals. If they make it, I buy it. I cut back a couple years ago but I have enough makeup to last me 10 lifetimes - and most mineral makeup never spoils. So you don't even want to hazard a guess how much makeup is wending it's way to Australia right now.

Yeah.... obsessions.... issues... :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Oh.

Well....

That's my other major obsession - makeup. But not just any makeup, oh no. Bare Escentuals. If they make it, I buy it. I cut back a couple years ago but I have enough makeup to last me 10 lifetimes - and most mineral makeup never spoils. So you don't even want to hazard a guess how much makeup is wending it's way to Australia right now.

Yeah.... obsessions.... issues... :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Oh, I get it....more than you realize! I love bare escentuals and still have things in boxes from December!!!! I'm happy to hear that mineral make up doesn't spoil :tup:
Lately, my obsession is Dior lipstick/gloss.

I was really asking how you fit all that make up in the chevron make up case. I have one in purple and find it doesn't fit anything!!! It is now sitting in my accessories drawer.

I tend to carry a lot too. I have done a better job at least of sticking all the little doodads into wristlets and cosmetic bags so I can find stuff -- so those instances of melted chocolate only happen inside of a protective case!! I hate to admit it but I am not a very organized person so doing that much was huge for me. I joke when people see my overloaded "car" that it's my purse on wheels. Gotta have everything in there sitting around in case of an emergency! What if I drive off into a ravine on a deserted road and get stuck?? I'll live longer than anybody else ! LOL